• 151(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2017-03-20, 03:25)BriceysCousin Wrote: hmm, if YouTube's API changed, why does the YouTube add-on still work perfectly with old versions of Kodi?

I have an old RPi-2 I never updated with Kodi 14.2 on it. Watch Later, History and everything works perfectly. It even added API keys automatically.

Don't think I'm ever going to upgrade as long as the YouTube add-on is still semi-broken for newer versions of Kodi.

It shouldn't. the API documentation states it's depricated. I don't see how a kodi version would make it any different.

from developers.google.com/youtube/v3/revision_history

Code:
This update contains the following changes:

The August 11, 2016, revision history update discussed several changes related to topic IDs, including the fact that the set of supported topic IDs will change as of February 10, 2017. The list of topics that will be supported will be published by November 10, 2016.
The following changes are now in effect. Notice of these changes was given in the revision history update on August 11, 2016:

If the activities.list method is called with the home parameter set to true, the API response now contains items similar to what a logged-out YouTube user would see on the home page.

This is a slight change that is intended to provide a better user experience than the behavior described in the revision history update on August 11, 2016. That update had stated that requests using the home parameter would return an empty list.

The channel resource's contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchHistory and contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchLater properties now contain values of HL and WL, respectively, for all channels.

To be clear, these properties are only visible to an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel. The properties always contain the values HL and WL, even for an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel. Thus, the watch history and watch later playlist IDs cannot be retrieved via the API.

In addition, requests to retrieve playlist details (playlists.list) or playlist items (playlistItems.list) for a channel's watch history or watch later playlist now return empty lists. This behavior is true for the new values, HL and WL, as well as for any watch history or watch later playlist IDs that your API Client may have already stored.
The video resource's fileDetails.recordingLocation object and its child properties are no longer returned. Previously, this data (like the parent fileDetails object) could only be retrieved by a video's owner.

Jeff
(2017-03-20, 14:44)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 03:25)BriceysCousin Wrote: hmm, if YouTube's API changed, why does the YouTube add-on still work perfectly with old versions of Kodi?

I have an old RPi-2 I never updated with Kodi 14.2 on it. Watch Later, History and everything works perfectly. It even added API keys automatically.

Don't think I'm ever going to upgrade as long as the YouTube add-on is still semi-broken for newer versions of Kodi.

It shouldn't. the API documentation states it's depricated. I don't see how a kodi version would make it any different.

from developers.google.com/youtube/v3/revision_history

Code:
This update contains the following changes:

The August 11, 2016, revision history update discussed several changes related to topic IDs, including the fact that the set of supported topic IDs will change as of February 10, 2017. The list of topics that will be supported will be published by November 10, 2016.
The following changes are now in effect. Notice of these changes was given in the revision history update on August 11, 2016:

If the activities.list method is called with the home parameter set to true, the API response now contains items similar to what a logged-out YouTube user would see on the home page.

This is a slight change that is intended to provide a better user experience than the behavior described in the revision history update on August 11, 2016. That update had stated that requests using the home parameter would return an empty list.

The channel resource's contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchHistory and contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchLater properties now contain values of HL and WL, respectively, for all channels.

To be clear, these properties are only visible to an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel. The properties always contain the values HL and WL, even for an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel. Thus, the watch history and watch later playlist IDs cannot be retrieved via the API.

In addition, requests to retrieve playlist details (playlists.list) or playlist items (playlistItems.list) for a channel's watch history or watch later playlist now return empty lists. This behavior is true for the new values, HL and WL, as well as for any watch history or watch later playlist IDs that your API Client may have already stored.
The video resource's fileDetails.recordingLocation object and its child properties are no longer returned. Previously, this data (like the parent fileDetails object) could only be retrieved by a video's owner.

Jeff

weird. is there a log I can upload to show you it's working? if it even matters to you.
(2017-03-20, 18:28)BriceysCousin Wrote: weird. is there a log I can upload to show you it's working? if it even matters to you.

At this point I wouldn't be able to do something, but thats not to say it wouldn't help. do a debug log (wiki) and i'll ask anxdpanic to take a look when he has a chance.

Jeff
(2017-03-18, 22:26)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-03-18, 22:23)luciferus Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 10:52)franka Wrote: I'm not sure how this can still be an issue after two years, but it is. Log
same issue here. the first video in a playlist only plays for about 2 seconds then it skips to the next video

Can you post the playlist (make sure it's usable by public).

Jeff
sure. any of the following

club: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM...InwP1-q8hg

Deep House (VideoHUB): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_...mn_DhSjAKU

games: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM...IKrR8LUyhR

mix: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM...hSQQWJKmUJ

thanks for looking into this
[emoji106]
To clarify, is anyone NOT having the first video get skipped when sending a playlist to Kodi and having the YouTube addon handle it?

Is this an issue some people are not having? If so, I don't know that it's useful information but I'm morbidly curious. If some people aren't having the problem that's interesting.
Testing some changes pushed in..

Latest zip off this current branch

Changes will be listed in the website.
(2017-03-13, 18:03)tinybutstrong Wrote: Win 10 + Kodi 17.1 + inputstream plugin = nothing is playing.

12:54:47.516 T:968 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.10) on Krypton (Kodi-17.1) with Python 2.7.11
12:54:54.906 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: https://manifest.googlevideo........
12:54:54.906 T:6516 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
12:54:54.989 T:6516 ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 104 for 1.
12:54:54.989 T:6516 ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 105 for 1.
12:54:54.991 T:6940 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
12:54:55.568 T:6940 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
12:54:55.587 T:6940 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, https://manifest.googlevideo........
12:54:55.587 T:6940 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
12:54:55.588 T:6940 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
12:54:55.590 T:6516 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=D.......]
12:54:55.608 T:6516 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
12:54:55.608 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
12:54:55.608 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
12:54:55.609 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
12:54:55.609 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting

Any solution?

Bump!
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2017-03-22, 00:09)tinybutstrong Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 18:03)tinybutstrong Wrote: Win 10 + Kodi 17.1 + inputstream plugin = nothing is playing.

12:54:47.516 T:968 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.10) on Krypton (Kodi-17.1) with Python 2.7.11
12:54:54.906 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: https://manifest.googlevideo........
12:54:54.906 T:6516 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
12:54:54.989 T:6516 ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 104 for 1.
12:54:54.989 T:6516 ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 105 for 1.
12:54:54.991 T:6940 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
12:54:55.568 T:6940 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
12:54:55.587 T:6940 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, https://manifest.googlevideo........
12:54:55.587 T:6940 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
12:54:55.588 T:6940 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
12:54:55.590 T:6516 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=D.......]
12:54:55.608 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
12:54:55.608 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
12:54:55.609 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
12:54:55.609 T:6516 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting

Any solution?

Bump!

No idea, but you could start with debug log (wiki) rather than that snippet.
I have some problems with watching live streams, there is a lot of stuttering and freezing,
I had no problems when I tried watching the same streams in chrome on the same computer.

Log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24230011/
5.3.13~alpha2

Updated Polish Translation

Updated Login Routine.

Automatically play suggested videos if needed

Resolve playlists starting on second item

Adjustments to Autoplay Suggested

move api call to after rtmpe error check so we don't use any additional api quota when erroring
set default to False, high quota cost for default action
move setting higher in list
For the autoplay of suggested video feature, is it possible to implement it in the following way:

if the option is checked, auto play the first suggested video;
if the option is not checked, after the video playing end, the plugin just gives a list of all suggested videos, so user can select them manually?
It's possible, but would lean heavily to no due to the high API cost coupled with; if it's on you can switch videos by opening the side bar and go the video you want in the playlist, if it's off Context Menu - More... - Related Videos gives you the list.

Listing related videos is counted as a search which has a cost of 100 quota, where listing normally costs 3-10 quota. Now one of the most common actions(Play) with little to no cost has become one of the most costly things to do with this feature enabled.

In the implementation you mention, it would always have this increased cost.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2017-03-23, 08:21)xodi Wrote: For the autoplay of suggested video feature, is it possible to implement it in the following way:

if the option is not checked, after the video playing end, the plugin just gives a list of all suggested videos, so user can select them manually?

Can be done manually. (But I'd love to see a feature like this too)

1) Play a video.
2) Manually stop the playback at any point (alternatively, you can leave the video playing in the background by pressing the Tab key)
3) Navigate to the side menu.
4) Under "Actions", select "Go to playlist"

You'll see a list of all the suggested videos there.
(2017-03-23, 16:33)anxdpanic Wrote: It's possible, but would lean heavily to no due to the high API cost coupled with; if it's on you can switch videos by opening the side bar and go the video you want in the playlist, if it's off Context Menu - More... - Related Videos gives you the list.

Listing related videos is counted as a search which has a cost of 100 quota, where listing normally costs 3-10 quota. Now one of the most common actions(Play) with little to no cost has become one of the most costly things to do with this feature enabled.

In the implementation you mention, it would always have this increased cost.

(2017-03-24, 00:45)gotiuser01 Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 08:21)xodi Wrote: For the autoplay of suggested video feature, is it possible to implement it in the following way:

Can be done manually. (But I'd love to see a feature like this too)

1) Play a video.
2) Manually stop the playback at any point (alternatively, you can leave the video playing in the background by pressing the Tab key)
3) Navigate to the side menu.
4) Under "Actions", select "Go to playlist"

You'll see a list of all the suggested videos there.

Thank you! I didn't know this before, but it seems this not convenient to operate. For the quota issue, may be this can be implemented with requirement of personal api key, in this way the quota should not be a problem.
Please forgive me if this information exists somewhere already. I tried searching Google, as well as these forums both in this thread and the previous thread for this plugin, and I was unable to find and answer.

In the past (no clue how long in the past, at least ,6 months ago) I was able to get a list of My Uploads. This was any videos I have uploaded, regardless of if they were public, private, or unlisted. Now, the only way I seem to be able to access any of my own content is by going to the My Channel section, however that does that return any private or unlisted videos.

Am I missing something? I know I used to be able to do this, because I have some unlisted videos already "favorited" in Kodi and I know that's how they got there...

Many thanks to the devs for all the hard work with this add-on. Some truly great work!!
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12