• 47(current)
Release Netflix style next up notification
I'm having an issue with the addon when trying to play the next item after the pop-up appears. I disabled the post-play screen, as I don't want to wait through the credits to start the next episode. When the next episode pop-up appears, I press Enter/Ok on my remote to play the item. At that point Kodi crashes out to my Ubuntu server terminal. I'm running Ubuntu Server 16.4.2 LTS and the latest stable version of Kodi 17. I tried a fresh re-install with the removal of the addon data folder and that seemed to work for a show or two, but the problem re-appeared.

Here's the log I captured just now, hopefully it shows something.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24218021/
(2017-03-18, 23:44)Razze Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 21:39)kiwistream Wrote: Hi Team,

I was receiving an error that next episode just wouldn't play, error log stated line 107 of player.py has an error.

id = result["result"]["item"]["id"]

The above line should say

playerid = result["result"]["item"]["id"]

I saved my work, restarted Kodi and BOOM!!!! now Nextup works perfectly,
Not sure if the error is something that has happened during install but happy to say Nextup is working.

Also noticed that Nextup won't play a show that has been added to the library via Metalliq.

Nope, that's not a valid fix. You just set the playerid which will never be used again and set the let the id parameter be set empty and send to kodi.

Your probably trying to run this in an unsupported way? So are you using local media files?

Yes from library, since new update rolled out, no error and service is working perfectly.
I have some strange behavior/bug to report.
Using 1.0.35 Version, Kodi 17, i have all settings on default except 'still there' option on 1 episode.
When playing stops after 1 episode of not interacting, and i press back to exit postplayscreen, i can exit just fine, but pressing back again doesn't take me to home screen, instead it takes me all through sources>videos>files... and eventually on home screen.
Like it somehow loses focus of hierarchy structure, has this behavior been reported before?

I'm not sure what condition triggers this, i was playing a smart playlist, and waited until playing stopped..
Is there a way to disable the related shows on the post-play screen? I'm only interested in the next episode of the current show.
I'm not getting any pop ups at all. Even reinstalled Kodi and the addon.
(2017-04-22, 22:13)Synopis Wrote: I'm not getting any pop ups at all. Even reinstalled Kodi and the addon.
Are you talking about online content maybe? It only works for local media..

Any progress on that one?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
(2017-03-22, 13:41)maeda Wrote: I have some strange behavior/bug to report.
Using 1.0.35 Version, Kodi 17, i have all settings on default except 'still there' option on 1 episode.
When playing stops after 1 episode of not interacting, and i press back to exit postplayscreen, i can exit just fine, but pressing back again doesn't take me to home screen, instead it takes me all through sources>videos>files... and eventually on home screen.
Like it somehow loses focus of hierarchy structure, has this behavior been reported before?

I'm not sure what condition triggers this, i was playing a smart playlist, and waited until playing stopped..
I'm having this same issue as well.

Sent from my HTC 10
Could you check Kodi v18 it seems like it's not showing some of the controlls correct anymore on the nextup screen
(2017-04-23, 11:18)powermarcel10 Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 22:13)Synopis Wrote: I'm not getting any pop ups at all. Even reinstalled Kodi and the addon.

Doesn't matter if it's local or streaming. It's not really popping up. The debug option isn't even working either.
(2017-04-25, 00:11)Synopis Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 11:18)powermarcel10 Wrote:

Doesn't matter if it's local or streaming. It's not really popping up. The debug option isn't even working either.
Same here. Does not work anymore. I'm using Eminence 2.0 Mod skin.

Sent from my Pixel XL
@im85288

There is an issue with the PostPlay screen. For some reasons Kodi "forgets" the previous window history after a while (60mins<) and this breaks the 201 button and users will be stuck on that screen.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2017-04-29, 15:02)zenyatta80 Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 00:11)Synopis Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 11:18)powermarcel10 Wrote: Are you talking about online content maybe? It only works for local media..

Same here. Does not work anymore. I'm using Eminence 2.0 Mod skin.

Sent from my Pixel XL (typie typie)

I tried 20 different versions of 17 and 18. All of them clean installs. Still not even doing anything
(2017-04-29, 19:23)sualfred Wrote: @im85288

There is an issue with the PostPlay screen. For some reasons Kodi "forgets" the previous window history after a while (60mins<) and this breaks the 201 button and users will be stuck on that screen.

For me post play screen is not working at all. Just does not appear even if there is a valid next media item in my library.

This is a great feature and its a shame its not working. Could the developer do something please?

EDIT: Its working for local media items but not strm files in library
(2017-03-21, 00:46)Tortuga Wrote: I'm having an issue with the addon when trying to play the next item after the pop-up appears. I disabled the post-play screen, as I don't want to wait through the credits to start the next episode. When the next episode pop-up appears, I press Enter/Ok on my remote to play the item. At that point Kodi crashes out to my Ubuntu server terminal. I'm running Ubuntu Server 16.4.2 LTS and the latest stable version of Kodi 17. I tried a fresh re-install with the removal of the addon data folder and that seemed to work for a show or two, but the problem re-appeared.

Here's the log I captured just now, hopefully it shows something.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24218021/
I don't have a log handy, but I have the exact same issue with it on my Nvidia Shield. I was running SPMC for a while and started getting the error. I decided to give Kodi v17.1 a try on the shield. Same issue.
I just recently discovered that NextUp interferes with playlists. And there doesn't seem to be a way around it (like the option for NextUp to be automatically disabled when using playlists). It overrides whatever is next in the playlist and plays whatever is next in the episode list or file directory instead.

In my example, I have 3 shows that are intertwined and need to be watched in chronological order (most people can figure out which crossover series I am referring to). Let's call them Show A, B, C.

The shows need to be watched in the following order (I created a playlist that does this):
show A ep 1, show B ep 1, show C ep 1, show A ep 2, show B ep 2, show C ep 2, show A ep 3, show B ep 3, show C ep 3, etc...

But with NextUp enabled, even when using a playlist that has the episodes in the correct order I get this:
show A ep 1, show A ep 2, show A ep 3, show A ep 4, show A ep 5, show A ep 6....

It never goes to the next item in the playlist. I had to disable NextUp just for it to work properly. But disabling it is not really an option because like to use NextUp when watching other shows.

So how can I get it to work, but not with playlists?
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix style next up notification7