Poll: Which view types do you prefer? (MUSIC / MOVIES / TV SHOWS LIBRARY ONLY)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thumbnail / Icon
9.09%
Wide List
3.41%
List Info
9.09%
List Info 2
14.77%
List Info 3
28.41%
Thumbs Info
9.09%
Wrap Info
5.68%
3D Wrap
10.23%
Wall
9.09%
Fanart
1.14%
Total
88 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 9(current)
View Type suggestions and feature requests
^^ okey.
As for views, I use the logo, it's the best way to maximize the fanart, and have multiple shows on the screen. I have a large library so I need to go through them 20 titles or more per page. Any way to remove the box outline that sits behind the logo?
(2017-03-27, 01:26)blakblu Wrote: As for views, I use the logo, it's the best way to maximize the fanart, and have multiple shows on the screen. I have a large library so I need to go through them 20 titles or more per page. Any way to remove the box outline that sits behind the logo?

Hi blakblu.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

What's the name of the view?
Is it Icon View, where you use clear logo style in the view options?
The view is Thumbs Info, then choose the clearart or logo style in the view options.
(2017-03-27, 01:26)blakblu Wrote: As for views, I use the logo, it's the best way to maximize the fanart, and have multiple shows on the screen. I have a large library so I need to go through them 20 titles or more per page. Any way to remove the box outline that sits behind the logo?

That would leave the background for the clearlogos or clearart blue for focused items and no background for unfocused items.
And I don't really think it would look very good.

You can do it yourself by editing the xml files.
Find Views.xml, ViewsMovies.xml and ViewTVShows.xml and remove the dim image.

Look in these includes:
Views.xml: "LogoThumbsStyleCoverImage" and "ClearArtThumbsStyleCoverImage"
ViewsMovies.xml: "MoviesThumbsInfoLogoStyle"
ViewsTVShows.xml: "TVShowsThumbsInfoLogoStyle" and "TVShowsThumbsInfoClearArtStyle"

Remove any image control containing either
Code:
<texture background="true" border="4">covers/cover-case2.png</texture>
or
Code:
<texture background="true">dim.png</texture>
Would it be possible to include a double column list view like the one used in WDTV Live media player? See an image here
Thank you
(2017-07-11, 22:18)cliveo Wrote: Would it be possible to include a double column list view like the one used in WDTV Live media player? See an image here
Thank you

Hi cliveo.

I don't think I'll add something like that as I don't really see any need for it.
It looks a bit messy.

What would the benefits be?

That said, you are welcome to submit a PR at Github, and I'll review it.
Request/Suggestion: TXT button for recordings (to show Teletext subtitles)

Hi Gade, Amazing skin and absolutely the best one I have seen. I would love to make this my standard skin. The only reason I can't at the moment is the missing of the "TXT" button for teletext in a Recorded file (recordings). The reason for this is that subtitles in Holland (all channels), Germany (some channel) and some Swedish channels are provided through teletext. A lot of Enigma2 users are using Kodi to stream their Live TV but are struggling to get teletext subtitles to work. 

The Rapier skin is really brilliant for subtitles using Teletext for live TV using the "TXT" button however, for playback of recorded files/recordings, this TXT button is missing unfortunately. Is it something simple to add the "TXT" button for recordings because it would be an absolute winner for a lot of people relying on subtitles via Teletext? The Transparency! skin is allowing this for both live TV and recordings, but I would prefer to use the Rapier skin instead :-).

Rapier Live TV with Teletext:

Rapier Recordings (TXT button missing):

Transparency! Live TV with Teletext:

Transparency! Recording with Teletext:
Hi rjgmba and welcome to the forums.

Thanks so much for the kind words and support.

And thanks a lot for reporting the issue in details.

I don't use live tv with Kodi very much, so the Rapier support could benefit a lot from reports like yours. Smile

It should be pretty easy to change and implement.
So it will be included both in the next development and official version.

Thanks again!
Added: https://github.com/gade01/Rapier/commit/...0e505b4ac9

I will push development versions to my repo tonight.

I didn't test this though, so any feedback is extremely appreciated.
Hi Gade,

Do you know of its possible to set a background image from network drive? this so i can easy copy the theme to another kodi machine and duplicate my awesome custom rapier skin
<setting id="Custom16BackgroundImagePath" type="string">C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\skin\wallpapers\system.png</setting>
is it that easy to just change this to smb://htpc-01/....
If that's your network path to the network drive, it's that easy. Restart Kodi afterwards.

Or you can point to the network drive inside Kodi in the skin settings and copy the skin settings from machine to machine.

If you can't see your network path, create it in the file manager.
General > File manager
and then on the scnd machine i need to substitate the settings.xml? just for easy sync
I cant select it from the network drive kodi when i go to the wallpaper settings:

https://imgur.com/a/YWAhBAk
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View Type suggestions and feature requests1