• 58(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-03-27, 20:53)ErAzOr2k Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying the following:

Code:
<application>/system/bin/am</application>
  <args>start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n com.nvidia.tegrazone3/com.nvidia.grid.UnifiedLaunchActivity -d nvidia://stream/target/2/$(sed -n 2p %rom%)</args>

This is not working, because the sed command is delivered as string.
Is a something like sed command in argument possible?

It's importent for me to dynamically [/code]read the second line of the file to parsing the correct game id

Wait wait.. is this the nvidia games stream from the Shield? How did you do the roms for this collection?
Tell me more and I'll go and figure stuff out. I was already busy with doing some special stuff for android.
(2017-03-28, 14:00)chrisism Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 20:53)ErAzOr2k Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying the following:

Code:
  <args>start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n com.nvidia.tegrazone3/com.nvidia.grid.UnifiedLaunchActivity -d nvidia://stream/target/2/$(sed -n 2p %rom%)</args>

This is not working, because the sed command is delivered as string.
Is a something like sed command in argument possible?

It's importent for me to dynamically [/code]read the second line of the file to parsing the correct game id

Wait wait.. is this the nvidia games stream from the Shield? How did you do the roms for this collection?
Tell me more and I'll go and figure stuff out. I was already busy with doing some special stuff for android.

Yes this is the intent to launch gamestream games. For this you need to pass the game id.
To get the game id, I use this modified moonlight app: https://github.com/diablodiab/moonlight-android (thx to diablodiab)
precompiled APK: Link

This one collects all informations needed (e.g. game id) and saves them to a file.

I imported the files in AEL as roms (with extension .gamestream).

Now I need to find a way to parse the generated files (only second line in this case) to get the game ID and intent gamestream.

I also tried to launch a bash script by AEL (with /system/bin/sh /path/to/script), but it seems, that the command is not executed by AEL.

Update: it's working find with root access. Now I can launch Gamestream Games directly from kodi Smile
Hi. Is there a way to force cover art and art assets to fit in the frames? As it is now the covers for SNES and NES get clipped. Should the art be specific size or resolution?

Also. How can I use transparent boxfronts ( like the 3D box art ). I get dark grey color where it should be transparent.
(2017-03-28, 18:08)ErAzOr2k Wrote: Now I need to find a way to parse the generated files (only second line in this case) to get the game ID and intent gamestream.

I also tried to launch a bash script by AEL (with /system/bin/sh /path/to/script), but it seems, that the command is not executed by AEL.

Update: it's working find with root access. Now I can launch Gamestream Games directly from kodi Smile
You can also pass the .gamestream file directly to the modified Moonlight app using these commands in AEL:
Code:
  <args>start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e GameFile &quot;%rom%&quot; -n com.limelight/.Game</args>

The main advantage of doing this is if you are on Android and have replaced the built in launcher with Kodi. If you switch away from Moonlight, eg. by pressing the home button to return to Kodi, then the game that was streaming will be stopped on your remote pc so you are ready to launch a new game from Kodi. There will also be no splash screen if you prefer a clean transition from Kodi to the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JefiLRhPk0
(2017-03-30, 22:12)diablodiab Wrote:
(2017-03-28, 18:08)ErAzOr2k Wrote: Now I need to find a way to parse the generated files (only second line in this case) to get the game ID and intent gamestream.

You can also pass the .gamestream file directly to the modified Moonlight app using these commands in AEL:
Code:
  <args>start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e GameFile &quot;%rom%&quot; -n com.limelight/.Game</args>

The main advantage of doing this is if you are on Android and have replaced the built in launcher with Kodi. If you switch away from Moonlight, eg. by pressing the home button to return to Kodi, then the game that was streaming will be stopped on your remote pc so you are ready to launch a new game from Kodi. There will also be no splash screen if you prefer a clean transition from Kodi to the game:

nice to see the developer here Smile thanks for the info Smile
Can I make one suggestion? Is it possible to create a activity in the modified moonlight app, that refreshes the gamestream files from outside of moonlight? So we could add a refresh button inside kodi and don't need to open and leave the app.
And one thing: gamestream files won't get deleted, after removing game from streaming server.
(2017-03-31, 00:19)ErAzOr2k Wrote:
(2017-03-30, 22:12)diablodiab Wrote:

Code:

nice to see the developer here Smile thanks for the info Smile
Can I make one suggestion? Is it possible to create a activity in the modified moonlight app, that refreshes the gamestream files from outside of moonlight? So we could add a refresh button inside kodi and don't need to open and leave the app.
And one thing: gamestream files won't get deleted, after removing game from streaming server.

Can we use this intent also to launch games from the NVidia Games servers? Not only the game streams from your local PC but also from the online stuff?
It works great the fix for multiple instances. its amazing. thx

Maybe a way down the road to disable the error text it makes if u try and open more instances of the emulator, so the user isnt pulled out of the game for the error msg.
Hi Wintermute,

Thanks for all your work on this plugin. I've finally had a chance to properly test it out so I thought I'd send some feedback/stuff I saw and hopefully it helps you with development.

General/Interface
1) I didn't see an option to scrape for all metadata and/or all images for a rom (or all ROMS in a launcher if I'm getting greedy). This means each attribute (cover, box art, etc.) needs to be scraped one at a time.

2) When scraping for a single item, you're brought back to the Rom list after every search, meaning that for every image or data value you import you need to submenu>edit rom>Edit Assets Artwork > Edit. It would be far more user friendly to return back to whatever menu was open before scraping and, as mentioned in 1) be able to search for all data/images at one time.

3) Panasonic 3DO isn't available as a platform yet

4) There's no way to use Gamefaqs to search for boxfronts or fanart. If this is because Gamefaqs doesn't let you search by type (title, logo, fanart etc.) it might be usefull to have AEL search all items and allow the user to chose which to use.

5) AEL does not support Google searching for things like boxart or, and more usefully, screenshots. Maybe I'm the only person particular about my shots but I usually spend a while looking for a good shot so the Google option in AL a godsend. Maybe the settings could include a preferred scraping provider for each data/image attribute so that they don't need to be limited from the per-item import menus.

I also couldn't seem to get most of the online scrapers to get data. I found one that worked for fanart but I didn't find any box art no matter what scraper I used

Importing
6) When importing a database from Advanced Launcher, all AL-based launchers show "No Roms" instead of the proper ROM count at the top level.

7) All roms imported from Advanced Launcher copy their rom covers image over to the AEL Title attribute instead of boxfront/cabinet which is the more common usage (at least, as far as I know). It also means that roms imported from AL do not have any cover artwork shown (at least in Rapier Skin)

8) When importing roms from a folder with nfo files for each rom included in the same folder as the roms, AEL does not import the nfo metadata even when AEL is set to import metadata from nfos/locally

Multidisk Support
9) Multidisk support does not seem to support assigning arbitrary file names to the sub discs (Ex: "Metal Gear Solid (Disc 2) (VR Missions)). If the file names differ between discs 1 and the other discs, the other discs won't be added to the set.

10) Multidisk games show the full file name in the ("Game (Disc 1).iso) in the mutlidisc selection menu. This brakes with how most other things are shown in Kodi (which tries to hide file/filesystem directory names and show proper titles instead). I imagine AEL is set this way to allow users to identify which of the multidisc games they want to play, but this could be handled more elegantly by filtering the display names in the multidisc sub menu. For example(and this will also deal with 9 above), if you a) allowed users to enter arbitrary data after the (Disc X) identifier (maybe in parenthesis or some other limiter), you could then b) only display the portion of the file names that are different in the multidisc submenu. For example:

"Metal Gear Solid (USA) [!](Disc 1) (Main Disc).cue"
"Metal Gear Solid (USA) [!](Disc 2) (VR Missions).cue"

would become

"Main Disc"
"VR Missions"

Discs that don't have an explicit name would be automatically assigned a name based on position (Ex: "Disc 2")

In my head, the file name would be broken down into
1) File name stub ("Metal Gear Solid (USA) [!]")
2) Disc indicator ("(Disc X)")
3) Arbitrary disc label ignored during initial scraping ("(VR Missions)"

11) Finally, and I know I've mentioned this before, but it would be really nice if in addition to Tosec naming, that AEL supported AL-style "-cd1." multidisc naming (either as a setting toggle or in addition to TOSEC). Having AEL and AL use different naming conventions means that it's not an easy jump to try AEL as the second we change the file names to AEL (Tosec) format the old AL database becomes out of date. I imaging there are a lot of AL users looking to jump to AEL but aren't ready to give up on their old installs yet.

Anywho, thanks again for all your work on this and let me know if there's anything I can help you test. I don't have a ton of time but I'll do whatever I can to help
(2017-04-02, 14:22)budtz Wrote: It works great the fix for multiple instances. its amazing. thx

Maybe a way down the road to disable the error text it makes if u try and open more instances of the emulator, so the user isnt pulled out of the game for the error msg.

I have disabled the message. Please install again the development version and report back.

@atsumori Thanks a lot for your report! It's very long: Otsukare sama desu. It's going to take a while to write a proper reply, please be patient.
hmm message is disabled but it still minimises the emulator if I press more than once on a file. So same behaviour as before with this version but without the message.
(2017-04-02, 16:51)budtz Wrote: hmm message is disabled but it still minimises the emulator if I press more than once on a file. So same behaviour as before with this version but without the message.

OK... I will restore the message again. There is nothing I can do in AEL to control the focus of the apps.

Also, something that may help. In settings, Advanced, set the "After/before launch delay (ms)" to 100 ms and even 0.
Yes it best with the messege. Still its better with this new functionality as there are no craches now when it happens
(2017-04-02, 16:19)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @atsumori Thanks a lot for your report! It's very long: Otsukare sama desu. It's going to take a while to write a proper reply, please be patient.

Thanks and, yeah, sorry for the length. I didn't start out intending to write so much but wanted to cover as much as I could Wink.
Hi Wintermute0110!

Question: is it possible to add games from PlayStation Now to AEL? I have a membership at PS Now.

Sorry if this has been asked before Smile
(2017-04-04, 00:36)3000 Wrote: Hi Wintermute0110!

Question: is it possible to add games from PlayStation Now to AEL? I have a membership at PS Now.

Sorry if this has been asked before Smile

No, TTBOMK it has not been asked. As long as you can use the command line to launch PlayStation Now games then it can be added to AEL. Unfortunately, I have no idea about what PlayStation Now is, how it works and whether it can be launched from the command line or not. You will need to do some research or maybe some other user may help you.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12