Edit Skin Layout?
(2017-04-03, 12:59)ruhanin Wrote: Can anybody please tell me how do i modify the Home Menu Category Names in XML File?
i tried changing in Home.xml File but its not getting changed On the Main Home Screen. I don't want to use Estuary MOD Skin
I want to change TV-Live TV and TV Shows-TV Serials.
left panel category names appearing on the main screen can be changed directly in the home.xml file (\addons\skin.estuary\xml\home.xml) or, more elegantly, in the language strings.po file (for english - \addons\resource.language.en_gb\resources\strings.po)...

to make the changes directly in the home.xml file, scroll down to around line 800 and look for <item></item> blocks that contain <label>$localize[reference number]</label> code, for example:

<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
<property name="id">movies</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
</item>

here you can change the name of any of the categories appearing on the left side of the main menu by changing the content of of the <label></label> code as follows (be sure to save file and restart kodi):

<item>
<label>your new category name here</label>
<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
</item>

in this area of the home.xml file you can also change the icon appearing to the left of the category name, delete the icon, add a new category, or delete a category....

here's the entire block of code in the home.xml file that relates to the left hand panel category names, again, starting at around line 800... immediately above this block of code there is additional code you can play with that determines the panel layout, including focus animation, position, etc...

Code:
<content>
<item>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[20343]</label>
<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/,return)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[6000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/tv.png</thumb>
<property name="id">tvshows</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[2]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music,root,return)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[7000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/music.png</thumb>
<property name="id">music</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[427]</label>
<onclick>PlayDisc</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[21000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/disc.png</thumb>
<property name="id">disc</property>
<visible>System.HasMediaDVD</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[20389]</label>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[16000]</property>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,musicvideos,return)</onclick>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/musicvideos.png</thumb>
<property name="id">musicvideos</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicVideoButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[19020]</label>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[12000]</property>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(TVChannels)</onclick>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/livetv.png</thumb>
<property name="id">livetv</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[19021]</label>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[13000]</property>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(RadioChannels)</onclick>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/radio.png</thumb>
<property name="id">radio</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoRadioButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[24001]</label>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[8000]</property>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1100)</onclick>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/addons.png</thumb>
<property name="id">addons</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoProgramsButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[1]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Pictures)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[4000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/pictures.png</thumb>
<property name="id">pictures</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoPicturesButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[3]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,root)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[11000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/videos.png</thumb>
<property name="id">video</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoVideosButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[10134]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(favourites)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[14000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/favourites.png</thumb>
<property name="id">favorites</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoFavButton)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[8]</label>
<onclick condition="!String.IsEmpty(Weather.Plugin)">ActivateWindow(Weather)</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEmpty(Weather.Plugin)">ReplaceWindow(servicesettings,weather)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[15000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/weather.png</thumb>
<property name="id">weather</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoWeatherButton)</visible>
</item>
</content>

if you want to approach this more elegantly, then you would make your changes to the language file as mentioned earlier, not to the home.xml file... to do this you would use the reference number that appears in the <label></label> brackets, for example you would use 24001 in the <label>$LOCALIZE[24001]</label> bracket and then find this reference number in the language file as follows:

#: xbmc/filesystem/AddonsDirectory.cpp
#: addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Includes.xml
#: addons/skin.estuary/1080i/SkinSettings.xml
#: addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Home.xml
msgctxt "#24001"
msgid "Add-ons"

msgstr ""

then you would change the msgid name to whatever name you wanted, as follows:

#: xbmc/filesystem/AddonsDirectory.cpp
#: addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Includes.xml
#: addons/skin.estuary/1080i/SkinSettings.xml
#: addons/skin.estuary/1080i/Home.xml
msgctxt "#24001"
msgid "your ne category name here"

msgstr ""

disclaimer: i'm new to this stuff and am only offering what has worked for me, and can't guarantee that it's the correct way to do it!
Thanks it worked, now i want to move Add-ons category in place of Music and Music lower down the order,to do this in which xml file i have to look into?
(2017-04-04, 12:36)ruhanin Wrote: Thanks it worked, now i want to move Add-ons category in place of Music and Music lower down the order,to do this in which xml file i have to look into?
i'm guessing you would just cut the category block of code that you edited (that you changed the name of) and paste it where you want it, for example:

<item>
</item>

cut the following block of category code (red text) and paste it above or below another category block of code....

<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[20343]</label>
<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/,return)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[6000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/tv.png</thumb>
<property name="id">tvshows</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowButton)</visible>
</item>

<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[2]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music,root,return)</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[7000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/music.png</thumb>
<property name="id">music</property>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible>
</item>

<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[427]</label>
<onclick>PlayDisc</onclick>
<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[21000]</property>
<thumb>icons/sidemenu/disc.png</thumb>
<property name="id">disc</property>
<visible>System.HasMediaDVD</visible>
</item>

also, if you plan on delving into the world of skinning, or html editing for that matter, you need to download and install notepad++ (for editing the files) and astrogrep (for searching the code content of multiple files), it will make your life much easier once you figure out how to use them together....
Thanks a Lot. you are a Gem, you have made my life simple, i didn't know just mere copy and paste will do the trick,i am using notepad++ to do all the editing stuff, now if you could help me more, you see i have placed Live TV category on the main menu,is it possible to link it inside any addons, for example
there is an After Shock Addon, which has TV Section, i want that if i click on Live TV On My Main Menu,it should directly open the Live Tv Page from inside the addons. rather Going all the way via from Addon Itself, see the pic;-

OR, is it possible to extract the TVDB source link from the Addon.
Thanks.
(2017-02-05, 23:05)aeneas1 Wrote: anyway after some file tweaking i'm pretty much there, as shown below... i removed the left category panel from the home screen and made the entire home screen the movie category, which is what is displayed when i launch kodi, from there it's a snap to navigate my movie library... now if i could only find a way for kodi to use potplayer when i launch a movie!

What's the point in posting the screens of a MOD, rejoice yourself to have done the MOD, but at no time even think of teach the others how to create this MOD?
Huh
(2017-05-19, 17:25)ralves58 Wrote: What's the point in posting the screens of a MOD, rejoice yourself to have done the MOD, but at no time even think of teach the others how to create this MOD?
Huh

um...

(2017-04-04, 03:28)aeneas1 Wrote:
(2017-04-03, 12:27)ruhanin Wrote: @aeneas1 can you please post your simple sleek skin, i like it very much, Thanks.
honestly, i don't think you would be very happy with my edits, my intent was to make the skin movie (and to a lesser extent addon) specific, had no interest in other kodi features, as a result pretty much all other functions (tv, pics, music, etc.) are either unusable, hard to get to, or don't work as intended.... in short, all i wanted was a clean movie poster / eye candy front end for my 2.35:1 screen from which i could launch movie files and play dvds, nothing else, and that's pretty much what the skin has become...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2561987

anyhoo, gotta get back to "rejoicing myself".... Eek
(2017-05-19, 18:13)aeneas1 Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2561987

anyhoo, gotta get back to "rejoicing myself".... Eek

Well, I do not read the entire forum, just some threads...

Anyway, I do like to learn some tricks like:

- How to "hide" the horrible menu of Estuary skin (and put the buttons like "configurations" on top of the screen)
- How to get rid of the totally unnecessary options like "in progress movies", "recently added movies", "random movies list" etc. (they should be optional).

I would like that the "movie screen" would only show a list of the movies I have, and nothing more. Like yours.
(2017-05-22, 10:00)ralves58 Wrote: Well, I do not read the entire forum, just some threads...

Anyway, I do like to learn some tricks like:

- How to "hide" the horrible menu of Estuary skin (and put the buttons like "configurations" on top of the screen)
- How to get rid of the totally unnecessary options like "in progress movies", "recently added movies", "random movies list" etc. (they should be optional).

I would like that the "movie screen" would only show a list of the movies I have, and nothing more. Like yours.
well maybe that's your problem, you haven't spent enough time reading the forum, i'm guessing that would be a bit more productive than leaving snarky comments after just a handful of posts....
Okay, Aeneas1... But you talk, talk, and talk, and in the end you do not explain at all what you did to create your mod. I give up. Thank you anyway.

(2017-05-23, 08:39)ralves58 Wrote: Okay, Aeneas1... But you talk, talk, and talk, and in the end you do not explain at all what you did to create your mod. I give up. Thank you anyway.
given how much time i "talk, talk, and talk" it's kinda surprising that i found time to create a custom skin for my needs that works great, maybe i was able to manage this by rolling up my sleeves, reading the forum, becoming familiar with the code, and then respectfully asking questions when i hit a roadblock - funny how experienced forum skinners are willing to help when you show some effort.... as far as helping others, again this requires some forum reading so it may have eluded you, but just look at a few of the above posts, or ask forum member ruhanin if i was able to share some of what i've learned...

btw i noticed that you started a thread asking how to add additional groups, team-member patk took the time to respond re how to do this, but no thank you from you, no response from you, why am i not surprised? maybe it's a culture thing, maybe you're just a young kid who doesn't know any better, whatever the case you don't know how to ask for help, instead you come across as a .... anyhoo, good luck with that.
Yeha, yeah... You DON'T WANT to tell. I get it. tanx anyway.
hmmm...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This, right here, is the problem with every message board. "I want a simple explanation for free" vs "I have zero patience for non-coders; figure it out for yourself"
Are you able to share the modified home.xml file. I also need just movies and add-ins.Rest are not needed.
(2017-06-11, 08:29)enigmaa Wrote: Are you able to share the modified home.xml file. I also need just movies and add-ins.Rest are not needed.
sure, you're more than welcomed to my home xml file but, as i mentioned elsewhere, additional editing to other xml files is required in order to get the overall gui to work as mine is working... and, again, because i had no interest in other kofi functions (tv shows, tv, music, radio, etc.), these functions are not easily accessible with my mod, some may even be broken, then again with a little elbow grease they could be added back....

btw, my mod has morphed sine this thread, doesn't look like exactly like the images in this thread, altho the menu at the top, driven by the home.xml file, is pretty much the same, here's what it looks like now:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310889

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<window>
<defaultcontrol>700</defaultcontrol>
<backgroundcolor>background</backgroundcolor>

<controls>
<include>DefaultBackground</include>

<control type="multiimage">
<depth>DepthBackground</depth>
<include>FullScreenDimensions</include>
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>

<fadetime>600</fadetime>
<animation effect="zoom" center="auto" end="102,102" time="0" condition="Integer.IsGreater(System.StereoscopicMode,0)">conditional</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="400">VisibleChange</animation>
<imagepath background="true" colordiffuse="bg_overlay">$VAR[HomeFanartVar]</imagepath>
<visible>!Player.HasMedia</visible>
</control>

<!------------------------------------------>

<control type="group">
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200" tween="sine" condition="$EXP[infodialog_active]">Conditional</animation>

<control type="group" id="2000">
<width>100%</width>
<top>0</top>
<bottom>80</bottom>

<animation type="Conditional" condition="Control.IsVisible(20000)" reversible="false">
<effect type="slide" end="0,20" time="60" tween="sine" />
<effect type="slide" end="0,-20" time="180" tween="sine" delay="80" />
</animation>

<animation type="Conditional" condition="Control.IsVisible(20001)" reversible="false">
<effect type="slide" end="0,-20" time="60" tween="sine" />
<effect type="slide" end="0,20" time="180" tween="sine" delay="80" />
</animation>

<include>OpenClose_Right</include>

<!---------- MOVIES ---------------->

<!-- <control type="group" id="100000"> -->

<control type="grouplist" id="5001">
<top>75</top>
<left>-30</left>
<width>100%</width>
<onup>700</onup>

<include>WidgetGroupListCommon</include>

<!-------- GENRES AND CATGORIES ------------->

<include content="WidgetListPoster" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">
<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/family.xsp"/>
<param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
<param name="sortby" value="random"/>
<param name="list_id" value="5227"/>
</include>

<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/science_fiction.xsp"/>
<param name="list_id" value="5229"/>
</include>

<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/comedy.xsp"/>
<param name="list_id" value="5226"/>
</include>

<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/adventure.xsp"/>
<param name="list_id" value="5236"/>
</include>

<param name="content_path" value="videodb://movies/titles/"/>
<param name="list_id" value="56000"/>
</include>

<param name="content_path" value="videodb://movies/sets/"/>
<param name="list_id" value="5600"/>
</include>

<!-------------------------------------------------------------------

<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/inprogress_movies.xsp"/>
<param name="widget_header" value="Recently     "/>
<param name="list_id" value="5100"/>
</include>

<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/random_movies.xsp"/>
<param name="widget_header" value="Suggestions     "/>
<param name="list_id" value="5400"/>
</include>

<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/recent_unwatched_movies.xsp"/>
<param name="widget_header" value="Recently Added     "/>
<param name="list_id" value="5200"/>
</include>

<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/unwatched_movies.xsp"/>
<param name="widget_header" value="Unwatched     "/>
<param name="list_id" value="5300"/>
</include>

--------------------------------------------------------------------->

<include content="WidgetListCategories" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">
<param name="content_path" value="library://video/movies/"/>
<param name="list_id" value="5900"/>
</include>

<include content="WidgetListCategories" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">
<param name="content_path" value="videodb://movies/genres/"/>
<param name="list_id" value="5500"/>
</include>

<!------------------------------------------------------------------->

</control>
<!-- </control> -->

<!----------- TOPBAR ----------->

<control type="group">
<depth>DepthBars</depth>
<animation effect="slide" end="0,-130" time="300" tween="sine" easing="inout" condition="$EXP[infodialog_active]">conditional</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="300">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>

<control type="image"> <!--- TOP BORDER --->
<top>0</top>
<height>140</height>
<width>100%</width>
<texture colordiffuse="70AAAAAA">colors/black.png</texture>
</control>

<!--------- TOP BAR LABELS ------------>

<control type="label">
<label> Movie Library   </label>
<width>100%</width>
<align>left</align>
<left>50</left>
<top>40</top>
<font>font37</font>
</control>

<control type="label">
<shadowcolor>text_shadow</shadowcolor>
<width>100%</width>
<top>40</top>
<align>right</align>
<left>-75</left>
<font>font37</font>
<label>$INFO[System.Time]</label>
</control>

<!--------- CONTROL ICONS -------------->

<control type="grouplist" id="700">
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<width>100%</width>
<itemgap>-40</itemgap>
<height>110</height>
<top>10</top>
<align>center</align>
<onright>noop</onright>
<onleft>noop</onleft>
<ondown>SetFocus(5001)</ondown>

<include content="IconButton">
<param name="control_id" value="22000" />
<param name="onclick" value="EjectTray()"/>
<param name="icon" value="icons/infodialogs/disable.png" />
<param name="visible" value="System.HasMediaDVD" />
</include>

<param name="control_id" value="21000" />
<param name="onclick" value="PlayDisc" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/infodialogs/play.png" />
<param name="visible" value="System.HasMediaDVD" />
</include>

<!-- <include content="IconButton">
<param name="control_id" value="805" />
<param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles, return)" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/menu.png" />
</include> -->

<param name="control_id" value="805" />
<param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(Videos, H:\, return)" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/menu.png" />
</include>

<param name="control_id" value="808" />
<param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(Videos,Addons,return)" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/submenu/add-ons.png" />
</include>

<param name="control_id" value="802" />
<param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(settings)" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/settings.png" />
</include>

<param name="control_id" value="801" />
<param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(1107)" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/search.png" />
</include>

<param name="control_id" value="803" />
<param name="onclick" value="Quit()" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/power.png" />
</include>

<param name="control_id" value="806" />
<param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieGenres, return)" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/weather/humidity.png" />
</include> -->

<param name="control_id" value="807" />
<param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/, return)" />
<param name="icon" value="icons/now-playing/fullscreen.png" />
</include> -->

</control>
</control>

<!-- <control type="group">
<height>500</height>
<bottom>-75</bottom>
<include>BottomBar</include>
</control> -->

</control>
</control>

<!------ LOAD MEDIA MESSAGE ----->

<control type="group">
<top>50</top>

<control type="label">
<top>275</top>
<width>100%</width>
<align>center</align>
<wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
<font>font30_title</font>
<visible>!Library.HasContent(movies)</visible>
<label>ADD YOUR MOVIES</label>
</control>

<control type="label">
<top>400</top>
<left>225</left>
<width>75%</width>
<align>center</align>
<wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
<font>font36</font>
<visible>!Library.HasContent(movies)</visible>
<label>Your movie library is currently empty. In order to populate your library with local and/or networked movie content, click the Add Your Movies Now button and naviage to the folder containing your files. Once this step has been completed this message will be replaced with your browsable movie index.</label>
</control>

<control type="group" id="5001">
<top>-100</top>
<width>100%</width>
<align>center</align>
<include content="ImageWidget" condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">
<param name="button_label" value="Load Your Movies Now" />
<param name="button_onclick" value="ActivateWindow(videos,root)"/>
</include>
</control>

<control type="image">
<top>90%</top>