How to install Kodi from website/url - Read if having problems doing this
If you have problems installing Kodi from https://kodi.tv/download then please try and use the direct link to where the downloads are hosted, so for Android this is:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/

You need to select the type of processor you device has

Then select the version you want.

Note - This shows the downloads for the current stable release, if you want a previous release then select the old/ folder and from there select the apk you want, however be aware that this also contains the pre-release Release Candidate (rc1, rc2, etc) and Beta (beta1, beta2 etc) versions so please ignore these.

HOW TO LOAD KODI ON AMAZON DEVICES GUIDES
(can be followed for any device without access to Google Play Store or a browser such as Chrome)

How to sideload apps like Kodi or SPMC on the Amazon Fire TV & Stick using Downloader

Ultimate Sideloading Guide for Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Stick

The above are external links that take you to guides written by http://www.aftvnews.com
I totally vouch. I ran into this issue last night and sure enough Jarvis 16.1 fired right on up for me...

Sent from my iPhone
This version of Kodi is not compatible with this device!
Device= Archos Xenon 101 v2

Can I have Jarvis back please? This does work - until the cause of this, 17.1 incompatibility is found?
(2017-04-04, 11:21)Arclite Wrote: This version of Kodi is not compatible with this device!
Device= Archos Xenon 101 v2

Can I have Jarvis back please? This does work - until the cause of this, 17.1 incompatibility is found?

Incompatibility because kodi 17 need at least android 5.0 and your Archos device seems to run android 4.4

2 solutions:
-try to find an android update for your device
-download jarvis from here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/
Moanbag is in da place!
Can anyone please help. X96 android box 6.0 can't seem to upgrade to 17 at all. Google play shows no upgrade when I select uninstall it says Jodi not installed by Google. But I have tried the 32 bit 64 bit and x86. Really confused and need some help people.
I am attempting to load Kodi onto an older box with android 4.1, using the es explorer app. It keeps saying there is a problem "parsing" . Is it even possible to load Kodi to android 4.1 or do I need to buy a new box? Thanks.
Krypton requires Android Lollipop (v5.0) or higher. You'll need to download an older version from the download link at the top of the forum pages and sideload that instead.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-04-07, 13:52)Wiki Wrote: I am attempting to load Kodi onto an older box with android 4.1, using the es explorer app. It keeps saying there is a problem "parsing" . Is it even possible to load Kodi to android 4.1 or do I need to buy a new box? Thanks.

Kodi 17 need at least android 5.0
Moanbag is in da place!
Silly question how come OSMC can update it self in Kodi but on Firestick can't ? From 17.0 to 17.1
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
OSMC has a full debian OS underneath which utilities a package manager for updates, so for Android the equivalent would be one of the stores (Google Play, Amazon).
(2017-04-07, 14:19)DarrenHill Wrote: Krypton requires Android Lollipop (v5.0) or higher. You'll need to download an older version from the download link at the top of the forum pages and sideload that instead.

No, older versions won't work. I ordered a new box. Thanks!
(2017-04-07, 14:20)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 13:52)Wiki Wrote: I am attempting to load Kodi onto an older box with android 4.1, using the es explorer app. It keeps saying there is a problem "parsing" . Is it even possible to load Kodi to android 4.1 or do I need to buy a new box? Thanks.

Kodi 17 need at least android 5.0

Thanks!
(2017-04-10, 14:05)Wiki Wrote: No, older versions won't work. I ordered a new box. Thanks!

Why won't they work?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I've got an M8 couple years old. I removed the kodi 15.4 and trying to get kodi 16.1 on it. I have always used google store to get the download and have never manually installed kodi. I have found the downloads but there is six or seven items listed for Jarvis 16.1. How do I know which one to use?

I currently have 4.4.2 on the box, I know you need upgraded firmware on the box to run 17 but couldn't find the firmware needed for an m8 so decided to just put 16.1 on it.

Thanks for the help everyone
Go for the 16.1 version that's not listed as RC# (it should be near the top of the block of Jarvis ones). That's the final version, the RC's are the prior release candidates.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install Kodi from website/url - Read if having problems doing this1