• 20(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2016-12-18, 18:16)LongMan Wrote: BTW @Montellese, which skin files are changed or added for Media Import?

I've had to adjust
  • addons/skin.estuary/xml/Settings.xml
  • addons/skin.estuary/xml/View_55_WideList.xml
and I added the following two files
  • addons/skin.estuary/xml/DialogMediaImportInfo.xml
  • addons/skin.estuary/xml/MediaSourceBrowser.xml

Obviously there might be more to be done like indicating if imported items are from an inactive media provider so that users don't try to play them and stuff but I've tried to keep it as non-intrusive as possible.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2016-12-18, 19:15)Montellese Wrote: ... but I've tried to keep it as non-intrusive as possible.

I noticed that. Thanks
(2016-12-11, 19:49)rterblanche Wrote: Media import from another Kodi device giving issues. Strangely movie import work fine and I can play a movie, but tv series episodes say not in library anymore when trying to play and do I want to remove it. Imported all the correct tv series and episodes. Just don't want to play.

I've managed to track this one down. I'm not even sure if it currently works in Kodi master, will have to check that. This should be fixed in the next version.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2016-12-11, 02:21)LongMan Wrote: Was a bit surprised to see 3 entries of the same show for TV Shows. I expected the episodes from the second and third sources to the added to the show entry for the first. It actually happened partially in the case of one show. There was only two entries for that show with one having double entry for each episode.

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. I've setup a test environment with two Kodi instances synchronising over UPnP and an Emby Server being imported into both Kodi instances. All three instances have different movies, music videos and tvshows but I've made sure that there are multiple tvshows for which the seasons/episodes are distributed across the three different instance libraries. After importing all items on the two Kodi instances I don't have any duplicate tvshows.

Can you check if the name and the release year of the tvshows are identical on your source(s) and client(s). If there's a difference the behaviour you see is expected.
I confirm the issue @rterblanche has, plus I have doubles for Movies and TvShows.
The ones imported won't play.
I will run it again.

The underlying source was the same. A share on my nas. On the test machine, it was added as a source to kodi. The same share is a the source for a Emby library and the source for the Pi that I used for the UPnP Server. It was the smallest of the tv show libraries. I will use Kids Series which is a bit larger and report back. I did noticed that the one that had imported correctly had the imported episodes in one show and the local ones as a separate show.

LongMan
(2016-12-18, 22:19)LongMan Wrote: The underlying source was the same. A share on my nas. On the test machine, it was added as a source to kodi. The same share is a the source for a Emby library and the source for the Pi that I used for the UPnP Server.

Using the same files as a source with different scrapers/backends does not guarantee that both use the exact same title and year for a tvshow (unless you use NFOs) so it would be great if you could check if that's actually the case. My test setup contains three tvshows which have their seasons and episodes spread across different sources used by different backends and I didn't run into any issues so far but obviously it's impossible to cover all cases.
@Montellesse.

Sent a PM
Thanks for great version of Kodi

The mirror liks in post 2 is not working for me, what am I doing wrong?

BR
test builds will be automatically deleted from our mirrors after a certain time frame
Is this project still live?
(2017-02-06, 04:27)ldavid Wrote: Is this project still live?

Yes but it's moving and progressing slowly. Two weeks or so ago I implemented a proof of concept for handling update events from an Emby server used as a media provider which works well for added and updated items but not yet for removed items.
Thanks for your efforts! I hope this is the year that we'll see this feature built into Kodi stable releases.

Been eagerly waiting to build file server that updates Kodi libraries from scrapers and addons and then only install the client on several other machines.
It seems like this project is pretty far along, montellese. Would it make sense to PR it in and let the team work on any remaining bugs?
yes, it would be good to get this into alpha.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10