Additional local album images (cd inserts etc)
@atlind01, Yes there is a setting in Aeon MQ7, which I listed...

(using the List 3D view for albums)

You can view back Album artwork in that view. I haven't tried it personally, but it was posted in the Brasil forum with screenshots of it working.
(2017-05-03, 00:14)Powerhouse Wrote: @atlind01, Yes there is a setting in Aeon MQ7, which I listed...

You can view back Album artwork in that view. I haven't tried it personally, but it was posted in the Brasil forum with screenshots of it working.

Thanks, I saw that one, but that's really a stock image, Aeon has a set of standard images and rotates thru them and then renders the track list pulled from music database on top of that.

So like Dave said, may be we have to wait for Kodi to fix the multi image issue.
I too have thought about how to view CD artwork and inserts while playing music and tried to ask the question from a different angle:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2538816

What if there were simply a tab within the album info page that could direct the viewer to a designated folder inside that particular album folder, say "artwork", and inside that "artwork" folder the user stored whatever album-related jpg's they desired. If the folder existed for that particular album the tab could open the folder and the user could step through the jpgs. Hit esc and you are back to the album info page.

Is this more of a skin-related build or could it be created in Estuary and made available to all? I asked the same question under the feature requests for Titan and got no responses.

I have, BTW, walked back into the menu while playing an album and manually-opened an "album/artwork" folder in the Photos selection. It works, but is way too clunky to do on a regular basis. Was hoping a simple click on a tab would take me there.
ah yes, I see. You've asked the exact same .. I suppose the common theme is trying to bring all aspects (and more) of a traditional album format into kodi.

Hope to hear more ... I guess it wouldn't be too hard (although, to be fair, what do i know?)
I'm hoping too tOM, but so far this hasn't gotten much attention one way or another from Dave, no less others focusing on the Music capabilities of Kodi. Perhaps I'm missing something?
From what Dave stated earlier, I understood the difficulty was to do with how to align this with online databases eg audio dB , where * some* liner note type info would already exist (eg instrumentation). There was also some naming confusions, given that there already exists an 'album description' on audio dB but a further issue in that in kodi this is populated by the 'review' field in the nfo. Dave also mentioned that ideally content should be searchable, so should ideally be input as text target than a jpg.

But, that approach would unfortunately lose the prettiness factor of scanned jpgs.
It would seem a way of handling combined scanned album notes AND searchable text counterparts on audio dB might form the basis of a solution, but then more work would then be needed to code into kodi, so perhaps the overall effort would be difficult to justify.

Does that seem a reasonable summary? please correct me as appropriate
I'll look forward to Dave or someone else confirming your summary tOM, thx.

In the meantime, I suppose I could create, populate and source a completely new folder in Photos that could be manually accessed during album playback. Arrange this folder into artist and album subfolders to step through and click on. Also figure out some way to manually comment/tag an album in the Music folder to let me know I have artwork to look at (because I have more albums without artwork that those that do). IIRC, Titan displays data tagged in the comments.

It's far from perfect, and would be a fair amount of upfront work, but once it's set up adding individual albums would not be too bad.
Tom the "difficulty" is the lack of hours in a day, but otherwise you have broadly understood correctly.

The requirements for a new feature that can take in, search and display both text and image versions of the additional album information that some cd booklets contain are pretty clear. Kodi can do some things already with the text side using NFO files, but the user has to put in the effort to capture and convert to text.

Showing additional images in album info dialog that are located in the folder associated with the album is a reasonable idea, so I have added it to my list. When and if I will ever get to it I don't know.
hi Dave

thanks for noting this. appreciate it.

Tom
Yes, thank you Dave, and you too tOM.
(2017-05-03, 16:55)atlind01 Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 00:14)Powerhouse Wrote: @atlind01, Yes there is a setting in Aeon MQ7, which I listed...

Thanks, I saw that one, but that's really a stock image, Aeon has a set of standard images and rotates thru them and then renders the track list pulled from music database on top of that.

Hi, I'm the creator of List 3D and Shelf 3D views and now I have my own mod for Krypton (Aeon Nox Spin) http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308624

It's been always my aim to get the most out of the music part of Kodi which is frequently overlooked, that's the reason why I coded in those views a kind of mockup of the back covers of cd albums using stock images and tracklists from the database, but of course I would love to have the real ones showed instead. Reading this thread I realized that I'm not the only one that cares about that, and in addition I noticed that in theaudiodb.com you can find some authentic album back covers and even spines. So I have slowly started to modify my mod to show them when available in the local album folder with the file name back.jpg and I'm planning to do the same with spine.jpg... something like this...

watch gallery

It's still a work in progress... Wink
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Thanks Manfeed. Having you following this effort adds greatly to it's potential. I will check out your Mod too.
TheAudioDB can provide the back cover from its API, just for info.
(2017-05-15, 15:41)docwra Wrote: TheAudioDB can provide the back cover from its API, just for info.

Here is what I have until now...

...it searches for back.jpg and spine.jpg in the album folder and show them if they exist, otherwise a mockup is shown; now two questions:

1.- Are those the right names for those kind of artwork?
2.- Is it possible to scrape the existing back and spine artwork from theaudiodb.com? If so, how?

Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
nice! great details Smile

I'm using your Nox Spin skin, and can certainly see you've been mindful of music use. I hope this is the way Kodi is going .. this is absolutely the kind of thing it should be better known for. thanks !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional local album images (cd inserts etc)0