• 17(current)
Release Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)
(2017-04-28, 21:42)derders Wrote: Hi Gade,

thank you very much for your hard work on this skin
I used it for a while on pc and yet also on RPI3

little report
If I disable 3D view or fanart in new settings - in top view list they are not listed but if I use Container.NextViewMode on my remote they are still there. par ex wrap view info works like it should (disabled - not shown)
please have a look at picture

Hi derders.

Thanks a lot for your support and the detailed report.

You're spot on. That definately was a bug.
Thanks to you, load times for the tv shows window now will be even faster, if Fanart and 3D Wrap views are disabled.

The fix is included in the next development update.

(2017-04-28, 21:42)derders Wrote: for RPI3 it is hard for the first load of addons .. but the last posts here reported it. The loadtime...
If an addon is loaded and my PI is on for some time (use it normally 24/7) it works good (on PC very good :-) )

I switched from single sdcard to sd boot + 90Mb/s sdcard with Jessie+Kodi Image (before Libreelec) with a good USB card reader in the past and I think I gained some speed. (for all who have more than 10 seconds on first load this could help)

That's very useful info for users of Rpi's.

I myself have a Rpi2, but the load times don't bother me much, as I don't use it very often.

(2017-04-28, 21:42)derders Wrote: I have seen script.skin.tightener addon in main skin thread and wanted to ask if this is a part of your lower CPU setting or would it work on Rapier?

That addon is not part of the Low CPU skin setting in Rapier. These settings are handled at skin level.

But you could try the add-on to see if it helps speed things up. I'm very interested in what you find out.
I'm not sure though the skin will look very good with no animations at all...

Remember that custom edits directly in the skin.rapier folder will be overwritten each time the skin is updated. And as always, I strongly recommend keeping the skin updated at all times.

(2017-04-28, 21:42)derders Wrote: little bit sad that the wide list view is kicked - used it often on pc
with new section to skin settings: Views - doesn't it matter if it is there too or is this a overall speed decision ? users could enable/disable it - I have seen today that you asked some pages back if someone use it - Do not misunderstand I just ask - I am always for better performance in this skin that I can`t miss Wink

That was why I asked in all release threads before removing it.

Sorry, but I never really liked that view. I think it was a bit outdated and decided to get rid of it during cleanup and improvements of the skin performance.

I'm sure you'll find another view type you like instead. Wink

Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Hi Gade,
amazing work and a really beautiful skin, kudos for this!
I was wondering if you could implement a useful feature, or maybe it's even in and I just didn't realize it yet.
I am using custom categories a lot and was wondering if you can implement support to set background images for those as well?
Currently only the standard categories are listed to set custom background images.

In addition I have noticed that several plugins don't save the selected view mode (setting list view for example and when coming back it's again icon view).
I assume that this is a plugin issue and those plugins don't (fully) support your skin? This happens for example in Soundcloud plugin.
Anyway, great work, keep it coming! ;-)
(2017-05-02, 21:18)btotaku Wrote: Hi Gade,
amazing work and a really beautiful skin, kudos for this!
I was wondering if you could implement a useful feature, or maybe it's even in and I just didn't realize it yet.
I am using custom categories a lot and was wondering if you can implement support to set background images for those as well?
Currently only the standard categories are listed to set custom background images.

Hi btotaku.

Thanks a lot for the kind words and support!

It's already possible (just not in the "Backgrounds" section).

When creating the custom category, scroll to the bottom of the list.
Here you'll see an option to either set a single image, multi image or fanart images as background.

(2017-05-02, 21:18)btotaku Wrote: In addition I have noticed that several plugins don't save the selected view mode (setting list view for example and when coming back it's again icon view).
I assume that this is a plugin issue and those plugins don't (fully) support your skin? This happens for example in Soundcloud plugin.
Anyway, great work, keep it coming! ;-)

Hmm... the Soundcloud addon absolutely saves all view types in all levels for me.
You need to set the view for every section of the addon.

Can you try if it's the same for you using the Estuary skin?
(2017-05-02, 23:08)Gade Wrote: When creating the custom category, scroll to the bottom of the list.
Here you'll see an option to either set a single image, multi image or fanart images as background.
Ah cool, overlooked that, thanks for pointing this out.
(2017-05-02, 23:08)Gade Wrote: Can you try if it's the same for you using the Estuary skin?
I just tried with Estuary skin and yes it's the same. I can reproduce it when entering a search phrase and in results list I navigate to people.
This view will always revert back to the default (?), in Estuary viewtype is called shift. I switch it to WideList, leave the
people search results page, navigate back to it, again viewtype is set to shift. Weird thing...
(2017-05-03, 00:08)btotaku Wrote:
(2017-05-02, 23:08)Gade Wrote: Can you try if it's the same for you using the Estuary skin?
I just tried with Estuary skin and yes it's the same. I can reproduce it when entering a search phrase and in results list I navigate to people.
This view will always revert back to the default (?), in Estuary viewtype is called shift. I switch it to WideList, leave the
people search results page, navigate back to it, again viewtype is set to shift. Weird thing...

Yeah, I actually already know this issue.

It's most likely not skin related as it happens in other skins as well - and I've tried everything to test this out on a skin level.
My guess is that it's related to Kodi core.

I created an issue on my Github in 2016 for this: https://github.com/gade01/Rapier/issues/28
(2017-05-03, 00:33)Gade Wrote: I created an issue on my Github in 2016 for this: https://github.com/gade01/Rapier/issues/28
Cool, you can reproduce it in Vimeo Plugins as well, just access it and the view will not change from icon to list view, even if you set list view before.
I know this basically a trivial issue but let's hope someone manages to get rid of this someday. Thx for ultrafast feedback! ;-)
(2017-05-03, 01:07)btotaku Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 00:33)Gade Wrote: I created an issue on my Github in 2016 for this: https://github.com/gade01/Rapier/issues/28
Cool, you can reproduce it in Vimeo Plugins as well, just access it and the view will not change from icon to list view, even if you set list view before.
I know this basically a trivial issue but let's hope someone manages to get rid of this someday. Thx for ultrafast feedback! ;-)

Absolutely, I agree.

I'll keep testing from time to time (did some testing yesterday related to this as well, but no luck).

Thanks for reporting the issue! Smile
We've been using Rapier for some time now and absolutely love it.

There are a couple of minor issues we cannot seem to resolve though, so was wondering if you could give us some direction on how to resolve them?

1) Since the automatic update of Rapier recently, when Kodi is loaded, it always defaults to the 'system' selection, rather than TV shows like it used to.

2) When exiting Kodi, 8 times out of 10 Kodi just leaves a black screen. Control+Alt+Delete doesn't do anything and the only way of getting things moving again is by pressing the reset button on the PC. The only plug-ins installed are those that come with Rapier.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
(2017-05-04, 10:24)RossL87 Wrote: We've been using Rapier for some time now and absolutely love it.

There are a couple of minor issues we cannot seem to resolve though, so was wondering if you could give us some direction on how to resolve them?

1) Since the automatic update of Rapier recently, when Kodi is loaded, it always defaults to the 'system' selection, rather than TV shows like it used to.

Hi RossL87 and welcome to the forums.

Thanks a lot for the kind words and support.

I need a little more info than this.
Did you change the category order in the skin settings?
Which categories are enabled/disabled?

Rapier defaults to the TV category if PVR is enabled, and Videos if PVR is disabled.
Changing the category order in the skin settings also allows you to set the startup category.

(2017-05-04, 10:24)RossL87 Wrote: 2) When exiting Kodi, 8 times out of 10 Kodi just leaves a black screen. Control+Alt+Delete doesn't do anything and the only way of getting things moving again is by pressing the reset button on the PC. The only plug-ins installed are those that come with Rapier.

Probably not a skin issue.

I'll need a log file to determine what's going on: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Which platform do you use?
You can ask in the platform specific forums: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111
(2017-05-04, 10:49)Gade Wrote:
(2017-05-04, 10:24)RossL87 Wrote: We've been using Rapier for some time now and absolutely love it.

Hi RossL87 and welcome to the forums.

Thanks a lot for the kind words and support.

I need a little more info than this.
Did you change the category order in the skin settings?
Which categories are enabled/disabled?

Rapier defaults to the TV category if PVR is enabled, and Videos if PVR is disabled.
Changing the category order in the skin settings also allows you to set the startup category.

(2017-05-04, 10:24)RossL87 Wrote: 2) When exiting Kodi, 8 times out of 10 Kodi just leaves a black screen. Control+Alt+Delete doesn't do anything and the only way of getting things moving again is by pressing the reset button on the PC. The only plug-ins installed are those that come with Rapier.

Probably not a skin issue.

I'll need a log file to determine what's going on: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Which platform do you use?
You can ask in the platform specific forums: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Reordering the categories resolved the home screen issue, thanks.

Here is the dump from Kodi (https://pastebin.com/sGb5CtRh ). Basically when you press exit the screen will go black and then the only way to get back to the desktop is by resetting the PC, as ctrl+alt+delete doesn't work. The HTPC is using Kodi 17 on Windows 10 (i3 sandybridge processor, 8gb ram, AMD 6670 graphics card). I'll pop this in the Windows forum to see if there is any known issues.

Thanks for all your help.
Hi Gade,

thanks for your answers and your fix...
will test this weekend the script.skin.tightener and report then...

I have some problems with info (Key_I on keyboard). In Rapier is an empty page and tested with other skin (Xonfluence) all informations are there.
Is there a setting that I have missed? Please have a look at the screenshots

and if I would like to add a contextmenu to an addon how is the widget/window on LiveTV Home screen with the channels called?
<visible>Window.IsVisible(Huh)

for category Music I can`t add addons+submenus like for videos. In settings are options but they are always grayed out.
Same in "change category actions" Music - Library can´t change it.
bypassed this in the past by adding custom category but wanted to ask if this is normal?

(2017-05-04, 22:21)RossL87 Wrote: Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Reordering the categories resolved the home screen issue, thanks.

Great to hear that. Smile

(2017-05-04, 22:21)RossL87 Wrote: Here is the dump from Kodi (https://pastebin.com/sGb5CtRh ). Basically when you press exit the screen will go black and then the only way to get back to the desktop is by resetting the PC, as ctrl+alt+delete doesn't work. The HTPC is using Kodi 17 on Windows 10 (i3 sandybridge processor, 8gb ram, AMD 6670 graphics card). I'll pop this in the Windows forum to see if there is any known issues.

Thanks for the log.
There's really nothing out of the ordinary in there - at least I can't find anything.

Maybe you have more luck in the Windows specific forum.
And please let me know what you find out - or if you have any other questions.

Cheers
Gade
(2017-05-04, 22:30)derders Wrote: Hi Gade,

thanks for your answers and your fix...
will test this weekend the script.skin.tightener and report then...

Hi derders.

Great, let me know what you find out.

(2017-05-04, 22:30)derders Wrote: I have some problems with info (Key_I on keyboard). In Rapier is an empty page and tested with other skin (Xonfluence) all informations are there.

Thanks for reporting it.
That looks like a bug, and I'd really like to see if that's something I can fix.

But I need some more info.
Exactly where are you in Kodi - and on which item do you press "I"?

Please explain in details.

(2017-05-04, 22:30)derders Wrote: and if I would like to add a contextmenu to an addon how is the widget/window on LiveTV Home screen with the channels called?
<visible>Window.IsVisible(Huh)

Not exactly sure what you mean here.
Do you want to add a submenu to a category?

Or do you want to add the PVR channels widget to a custom category?
Because that's unfortunately not possible.

(2017-05-04, 22:30)derders Wrote: for category Music I can`t add addons+submenus like for videos. In settings are options but they are always grayed out.
Same in "change category actions" Music - Library can´t change it.
bypassed this in the past by adding custom category but wanted to ask if this is normal?

Sounds you haven't set up your music library.
Do you have any music scraped to your library?
What happens when you click the music category?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library
(2017-05-04, 22:30)derders Wrote: I have some problems with info (Key_I on keyboard). In Rapier is an empty page and tested with other skin (Xonfluence) all informations are there.

Hi derders.

Thanks again for reporting the issue.

I have located it and fixed it.
The fix will be available in the next development update (just pushed it to my repo) - and in the next official update.
(2017-05-05, 00:47)Gade Wrote:
(2017-05-04, 22:21)RossL87 Wrote: Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Reordering the categories resolved the home screen issue, thanks.

Great to hear that. Smile

(2017-05-04, 22:21)RossL87 Wrote: Here is the dump from Kodi (https://pastebin.com/sGb5CtRh ). Basically when you press exit the screen will go black and then the only way to get back to the desktop is by resetting the PC, as ctrl+alt+delete doesn't work. The HTPC is using Kodi 17 on Windows 10 (i3 sandybridge processor, 8gb ram, AMD 6670 graphics card). I'll pop this in the Windows forum to see if there is any known issues.

Thanks for the log.
There's really nothing out of the ordinary in there - at least I can't find anything.

Maybe you have more luck in the Windows specific forum.
And please let me know what you find out - or if you have any other questions.

Cheers
Gade

Thanks for your help with that. I think I have solved the issue myself and it wasn't Kodi/Theme related. Here's the fix for my issue (quoted from my post in the Windows forum):

(2017-05-07, 01:20)RossL87 Wrote: I think I may have resolved the issue. I went into AMD Catalyst Center and then went 'My Digital Flat Panels > HDTV support > Predefined and Custom HDTV formats'. Selected 1080p60 standard and it hasn't crashed upon exiting since the change.

Kodi, Windows 10 and the TV were set to 1080p, so not sure why that's made a difference, but I'm not complaining haha.

Thanks for all your help and for providing this amazing theme. We are currently in the process of setting up Kodi on all Tv's and Pc's to stream from our NAS and every one of them will be running this theme, as it is perfect for TV and Movie fanatics.

I've just popped some beer tokens in your PayPal account, as a small thanks for your help.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)2