Writing NFO for manually created shows
I'm using 2.9.3.1 and it's all fine except one issue.

I have a source that contains TV shows that aren't in TVDB or IMDB, sports talkback shows that are very local. I have manualyl updated the tvshow.nfo and what not with show details. Created poster, banner and fanart.

When I kick off an update, the new shows are identified which is great, but it doesn't automagically write the new shows nfo file. I have to manually tell TMM to re-write NFO for the selected episode.

I've check through all the settings but can't see an option to make it do it automagically. I'm pretty sure earlier version of TMM didn't need the manual push to write the NFOs.

Is this now the expected behaviour of TMM ? If so, is there a command line switch I can use to force the NFO creation for new episodes? The cmd line arguments of -updateTv6 (6 being the source number these shows are in) and -scrapeNew didn't help.
yes, this changed long ago.
It is not recommended, to always write a NFO, just when importing a show.
Import is import, and should not alter any files...
Also we won't have any useful data at this point, which we could write...

And you should not need to write the NFO by hand, and import.
Do it the other way round - just import the empty show, and make all changes inside TMM Wink
Then these changes are written to NFO.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Yep, that's what I do, import the shows and fill in the info in TMM to generate a Tvshow.nfo

Subsequently when I import episodes I have to select the new episodes and then tell TMM to rewrite NFO for selected episodes.

It's the second part that I want to make faster and ideally one step. Any chance of doing that automagically? Or even via cmd line?
ok, i c.
But what should we write, if it is not scraped?
At some point you have to fill some data/title to write this...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2017-04-29, 15:11)myron Wrote: ok, i c.
But what should we write, if it is not scraped?
At some point you have to fill some data/title to write this...

Well, TMM does write something when you highlight the episode and select "rewrite nfo for selected episode(s)".

I just need an nfo with show name, season and episode#, which TMM already detects. Without it, Kodi ignores the episode.
Create a new folder "personal made up TV show" add it to path in TMM.

Update said path.

It should find show (said "personal made up TV show") needs to have a media file in folder to be picked up by TMM.

now go to the edit info option for said show, once open just hit ok and it should close that dialogue box.

Viola you should now have a .nfo for the show.

Same idea works for epsoides.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-05-07, 07:53)Ruk12345 Wrote: Create a new folder "personal made up TV show" add it to path in TMM.

Update said path.

It should find show (said "personal made up TV show") needs to have a media file in folder to be picked up by TMM.

now go to the edit info option for said show, once open just hit ok and it should close that dialogue box.

Yes, shows is the easy part and that how I do it. But as new episodes are being added to these shows, I must manually force a creation of an NFO file. That's the issue.
(2017-05-07, 10:14)dalben Wrote:
(2017-05-07, 07:53)Ruk12345 Wrote: Create a new folder "personal made up TV show" add it to path in TMM.

Update said path.

Yes, shows is the easy part and that how I do it. But as new episodes are being added to these shows, I must manually force a creation of an NFO file. That's the issue.

That's how it is for "not in DB" shows.
Still easier on Tmm to do this than other managers.

Just need to open the edit info for said epsoide and hit ok. Still needs to use a standard naming convention.

A trick to bulk generate .nfo's is highlight the season in TMM thrn context menu and hit "switch to DVD order" will generate .nfo for every epsoide in said season and "DVD order" won't matter as the show is not in TVDB/IMDB Etc
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-05-07, 18:09)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-05-07, 10:14)dalben Wrote:

Update said path.

That's how it is for "not in DB" shows.
Still easier on Tmm to do this than other managers.

Just need to open the edit info for said epsoide and hit ok. Still needs to use a standard naming convention.

A trick to bulk generate .nfo's is highlight the season in TMM thrn context menu and hit "switch to DVD order" will generate .nfo for every epsoide in said season and "DVD order" won't matter as the show is not in TVDB/IMDB Etc

Yes, I know that's "how it is" but it wasn't a few versions before. Yes I can trigger it manually for each new show but that's what I am trying to speed up.

My point is that if TMM can write an NFO when told to do it manually, is there a way to flag a show that TMM knows to create an NFO for a new episode without looking for the details online? It used to do it, it doesn't now. I'm just asking if there is a way to get that functionality back, even at a command line so I can just run a batch job after a weekend of sports downloads.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Writing NFO for manually created shows0