• 149(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Hello,

I am having an odd issue since I have upgraded to Krypton (Librelec 8.01), I hope my explanation will make some kind of sense.

When I open a super favourites folder, it opens fine, be it via the addon, or a sub menu item on the main home screen, but when I open an item in that folder other than an item that will directly play/run,the list will flash quickly in front as normal, but then hides it behind the original super favourites folder list. I have to exit out of the original list to see the newly opened one. If the newly opened list has an item in it that has another list, it too will open behind the newly opened one and so on.

I have played with the views, turned off and on importing art work etc and it still keeps happening. Its not a big issue, just a minor iritance I gues you could say, but perhaps someone a lot smarter then me knows how to fix it.

Thank you so much
@spoyser

Here is some additional info from another thread regarding the "back" navigation issue. It finally seems to have surfaced on Team Kodi's radar:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2580911

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12050
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Bout time!!

I tried the version linked to in the comments and can confirm it does work with SF.
Unfortunately it's a very buggy version of L***** so not much use at the moment, hopefully it will be backported to Krypton
I've just pushed a new version (1.0.57) to my repo.

Repo:
https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip

SF:
https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...1.0.57.zip

This has numerous fixes for Krypton/Estuary so if people who have reported issues, if they can try the new version first and see if that resolves their issues. Also if you have any favourites that don't work try removing the and re-adding them see if that helps.
Not sure if it is me, but global menu stopped showing after update. I had to go back to previous version for global menu to work for me again
(2017-05-10, 04:02)AL8782 Wrote: Not sure if it is me, but global menu stopped showing after update. I had to go back to previous version for global menu to work for me again

Correct, I'm having the same or similar issue. If I was playing a Youtube video in full screen then I could bring up the OSD and click the X. That would launch the LaunchSFMenu.py and bring up the option to download the Youtube video.

Since the update, I just takes me to Now playing video.

Would love this to work again.

Thanks Sean, Great to have you back Smile
Anyone can confirm the issue described a few days ago (see below) ?

I went back to SF 1.0.43 and "Show fanart" works well in that version (haven't tried the issue described in 1., "inherit thumbnail and fanart).
So something important seems to have changed during the past updates.

(2017-04-23, 01:05)malvinas2 Wrote: Hello,

1) within the settings I activated "Super Folders inherit thumbnail and fanart". For some video-addons this works, for others it doesn't work and I have to assign manually the fanart. But having a look at the structure of the different addons, I can't see any difference between them. Is this behaviour normal?

2) "Show fanart" in "Artwork settings" shows no effect, no matter if enabled or disabled. I assumed that this is an option to globally switch on/off all fanarts?

(Kodi 16.1, Titan-Skin, SF 1.0.56)
(2017-05-10, 04:02)AL8782 Wrote: Not sure if it is me, but global menu stopped showing after update. I had to go back to previous version for global menu to work for me again

I'll take a look at the weekend
(2017-05-10, 06:47)ed_davidson Wrote:

Correct, I'm having the same or similar issue. If I was playing a Youtube video in full screen then I could bring up the OSD and click the X. That would launch the LaunchSFMenu.py and bring up the option to download the Youtube video.

(2017-05-10, 22:17)malvinas2 Wrote: Anyone can confirm the issue described a few days ago (see below) ?

I went back to SF 1.0.43 and "Show fanart" works well in that version (haven't tried the issue described in 1., "inherit thumbnail and fanart).
So something important seems to have changed during the past updates.

1) within the settings I activated "Super Folders inherit thumbnail and fanart". For some video-addons this works, for others it doesn't work and I have to assign manually the fanart. But having a look at the structure of the different addons, I can't see any difference between them. Is this behaviour normal?

2) "Show fanart" in "Artwork settings" shows no effect, no matter if enabled or disabled. I assumed that this is an option to globally switch on/off all fanarts?

(2017-05-11, 22:13)spoyser Wrote:

Many thanks.
Hey Sean, I'm throwing this out there.

(Possible future) Super Favourites enhancement

Super Favourites Community (SFC) (possibly a separate addon)

an addon that lets you browse your own super favourites folder and "share" them to anyone.

How It can work.

Open Super Favourites Community addon.

-browse and share own super favourites folder
-search community through tags
-most popular shared super folder
-latest added shared super folder

go into -browse and share own super favourites folder

find one and

-context menu
-share super favourites folder

a window pops up asking you if you want to change the name of the folder, any tags you want to attach, such as movies, childrens, etc

then enter to share.

now if you want to add a super favourites folder from the SFC addon. find a super favourites addon that interests you, right click and add to Super Favourites.

How It can work.... No idea lol
can you not store the super favourites folder xml in an email like gmail.

Problems I can see.
If a user has used an image for a folder that is stored locally on their system, this will not transfer over in the xml file.

anyway I thought it sounded pretty cool, the next evolution of super favourites. basically letting people create their own addon and sharing it.

oh yeah I forgot to mention, if the users doesnt have the required addon, how would they install it easily and the associated repo?

Its a big project I bet so I doubt you'll take it on, but what do you think of the concept Sean?

Can you try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m0ukx6sre8vhi...1.zip?dl=0

Don't worry I released it as version 1.0.58 Smile

1) Can you let me know the name of an addon that doesn't work. Just to confirm that the way this is supposed to work is that a Super Folder, if it hasn't got fanart set (or thumbnail) it will display the fanart of the first item in that folder.

2) This is a bug, will be fixed in the next release.
(2017-05-13, 14:28)MediaPi Wrote: Hey Sean, I'm throwing this out there.

(Possible future) Super Favourites enhancement

Super Favourites Community (SFC) (possibly a separate addon)

an addon that lets you browse your own super favourites folder and "share" them to anyone.

How It can work.

Open Super Favourites Community addon.

-browse and share own super favourites folder
-search community through tags
-most popular shared super folder
-latest added shared super folder

go into -browse and share own super favourites folder

find one and

-context menu
-share super favourites folder

a window pops up asking you if you want to change the name of the folder, any tags you want to attach, such as movies, childrens, etc

then enter to share.

now if you want to add a super favourites folder from the SFC addon. find a super favourites addon that interests you, right click and add to Super Favourites.

How It can work.... No idea lol
can you not store the super favourites folder xml in an email like gmail.

Problems I can see.
If a user has used an image for a folder that is stored locally on their system, this will not transfer over in the xml file.

anyway I thought it sounded pretty cool, the next evolution of super favourites. basically letting people create their own addon and sharing it.

oh yeah I forgot to mention, if the users doesnt have the required addon, how would they install it easily and the associated repo?

Its a big project I bet so I doubt you'll take it on, but what do you think of the concept Sean?

Sounds like a lot of effort for something that I doubt is needed, the whole point of SF was so that an individual could could fully customize it so that all the Kodi functionality that THEY use is in single location. Not so that they could be recommended stuff by other users.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6