• 17(current)
Release HDHomeRun PVR native addon
(2017-03-16, 01:02)Rickt1962 Wrote: Not sure who to contact on this matter......My TV guide is off by hour after daylight savings. WMC shows correct TV shows but the Kodi HDhomerun addon is off but the clock on kodi is correct. The funny thing is its showing shows and hour forward so that would be a 2 hour jump on Spring ahead for daylight savings

update the Fix is rebooting ! But its still a bug

Network> NTP Servers > Timeserver #1 ?
(2017-02-18, 09:47)scub Wrote: the "official" HDHomeRun viewer addon is crap. this is so much better. i just bought an HDHomerun Prime and i probably would of returned the device if it weren't for these addons, so thanks a bunch.
can't believe the junk software Silicon Dust makes. i don't even use their overpriced DVR service, im using another backend for that.. it's insulting that the community stuff works better and looks better than their paid stuff.. i wonder how many people even pay their premium fee as the only thing worthwhile they have is the 2 week guide and even that is overpriced at $60/a year. I have Plex Pass, but doesn't do Live TV, just DVR..
(sorry for the rant, im just dumbfounded by their progress considering how many years these devices been out)

it would be nice to have kodi record to disk (or even an attached network drive?) that would rock. not sure if it would be possible to implement scheduled recording (need longer channel guide i'm assuming?) maybe consider a donation page to fund development.. or better yet, maybe Silicondust can hire you to do what they can't. Smile

some suggestion: some options to change the channel listing. similar to how you can change TV/Movies in kodi (Wall/Poster/Infowall/etc)
and maybe a favorite option so they appear below the recently played channels.

thanks.

I just purchased the Prime as well to replace the STB for Verizon FIOS and first I tried the "official" solution and it was ok, then I tried this and was amazed at how nice it was in comparison. I switched over to Emby for a few months and their implementation of HDHomeRun is just as lacking, disappointed, I then came back to Kodi because I missed the configurability of Kodi, old habits die hard. I just got a new job and a considerable raise so I'm finally going to ditch all these Android and/or cobbled together solutions that I've tried over the years, and finally build a small medium powered x86_64 based HTPC, and install Kodi on it.
(2017-02-18, 09:47)scub Wrote: the "official" HDHomeRun viewer addon is crap. this is so much better. i just bought an HDHomerun Prime and i probably would of returned the device if it weren't for these addons, so thanks a bunch.
can't believe the junk software Silicon Dust makes. i don't even use their overpriced DVR service, im using another backend for that.. it's insulting that the community stuff works better and looks better than their paid stuff.. i wonder how many people even pay their premium fee as the only thing worthwhile they have is the 2 week guide and even that is overpriced at $60/a year. I have Plex Pass, but doesn't do Live TV, just DVR..
(sorry for the rant, im just dumbfounded by their progress considering how many years these devices been out)

Hmmmm.... I am using the Official HD addon on my HTPC. You might have just convinced me to give this addon a go. I was under the assumption that anything BUT the official Addon would cause problems.

You can count me in as one of the people that paid for the overpriced DVR.
wow, I use their dvr and don't think it's over priced in the least bit.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I can't seem to find this when searching for Add-ons in the Kodi repo..... the only one that always comes up is the "official" one by S.D.
(2017-03-30, 01:12)Usafle Wrote: I can't seem to find this when searching for Add-ons in the Kodi repo..... the only one that always comes up is the "official" one by S.D.

And you won't. PVR clients are shipped already installed, except not on Linux; for Linux the addons must be installed from your distro's repo, or built from source.
(2017-03-30, 03:33)rpcameron Wrote: And you won't. PVR clients are shipped already installed, except not on Linux; for Linux the addons must be installed from your distro's repo, or built from source.

I'm not running Linux, running Windows Kodi 17. Searching in "My Addons" or in the repository only brings up the Official S.D. HDHomeRun add on. I can't seem to find this one anywhere.
(2017-03-30, 17:28)Usafle Wrote:
(2017-03-30, 03:33)rpcameron Wrote: And you won't. PVR clients are shipped already installed, except not on Linux; for Linux the addons must be installed from your distro's repo, or built from source.

I'm not running Linux, running Windows Kodi 17. Searching in "My Addons" or in the repository only brings up the Official S.D. HDHomeRun add on. I can't seem to find this one anywhere.

Add-ons > My addon-ons > PVR clients

If it's not under there, then you somehow deleted it. The only real way to re-install PVR clients is to re-install Kodi. Download a fresh copy of Kodi 17.1 from kodi.tv and go from there.
(2017-03-30, 03:33)rpcameron Wrote: Add-ons > My addon-ons > PVR clients

If it's not under there, then you somehow deleted it. The only real way to re-install PVR clients is to re-install Kodi. Download a fresh copy of Kodi 17.1 from kodi.tv and go from there.

Thank you. Found it. Not sure why I never saw it before. Maybe was confused with the Titan Skin I'm using or something.

Everyone is right, it looks a lot "cleaner" than the Official HD HomeRun app. Didn't really see any increase in "performance" though. Some of the channels still "time out" and I have to switch to another channel and back to original channel to get it to start playing again.

I can't use it at the moment due to it not being able to "see / playback" the DVR recordings yet. Hopefully that gets picked up soon.
Anybody here knows how to show the Channel logo's in the guide of the estuary skin?
Hi all,

I was wondering if this add-on could ever support playing channels from http or rtsp links.

For example, I have a HDHomeRun 4DC (the Europe version) and I connect to channels through a proxy, directly to local IP address, I set up the proxy in Settings, and open this link http://192.168.1.10:5004/auto/v5095 and it works pretty good.

Port forwarding doesn't work unless you change the TTL value with iptables mangle, if you have such possibility with a linux router. I never had success so far with VPNs due to slow speeds.

So, I've created files for each channel (it was a pain if you have too many channels and you don't automate this process somehow) containing these links, and I can open them from Videos section in Kodi.

My question is, if I can set up something like this for this add-on, I don't mind the Guide so much, but if Guide is also possible then that's a plus of course Smile

If not, were should I start looking around in this add-on to try to make it work?

Thanks.
Why not create an m3u with those links? That is how I use IPTV simple for the PVR interface. The only thing you will have to do is provide your own guide data.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
And how to play the .m3u file inside the PVR interface?

And what about Guide, where do I put the data?

Thanks.

EDIT: Found some tutorials, installing another PVR add-on (simple client)
Has anyone figured out how to get OTA guides with HDHR? I think they include 24 hours of data which is a nice improvement from the few hours currently provided by SD. Not sure if this is even possible without a dedicated back end, though.
I'm still not seeing my recordings or recording schedules using this pvr client?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun PVR native addon3