• 197(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2017-05-07, 13:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bigbadrabbit -- Use a focus/unfocus zoom animation for your focusedlayout poster image. Something like this:
Code:
<animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="120"  time="350" tween="sine" easing="out" center="auto">Focus</animation>
<animation effect="zoom" start="120" end="100"  time="250" tween="sine" easing="out" center="auto">UnFocus</animation>

Thanks, but that's not what i want to change. The animation is fine. I don't want an zoom effect i just want to increase the space between the posters.

For that first i have to make them smaller which i already did. But the gaps won't change that way. The smaller posters just move to the left like in the screenshot i've posted above.
Hey guys. Loving Arctic Zephyr but I have a few things I need some help with. Search terms for this stuff are tricky, so the answer may be buried in this forum somewhere. But I figured I'd give it a shot and see if anyone can help out.

First trouble I'm having is that I can't get View Options to stick. I can change to Big List or Wall or Tile while I'm in the movie or tv menu, but as soon as I leave and come back, the view has reverted to the default List option. Any idea what's going on here?

Second, Cover Art seems to be stretched too wide once I reach the sources menu for any given TV show or movie. I can come back later and post a screenshot after work. Just wondering if anyone has seen issues with stretched Cover Art.
Hello,

I only want widget on movies and TV shows.
You i disable?
If i choose none it automatically set fallback widgets.
(2017-05-14, 14:09)Zpower Wrote: Hello,

I only want widget on movies and TV shows.
You i disable?
If i choose none it automatically set fallback widgets.

set your fallback widget to nothing . or point widget to a empty directory !
(2017-05-03, 00:56)colbert Wrote: I have a folder I download podcasts, lectures, etc. to and I made a home menu shortcut, works great but these are not in library just files that I listen, then delete when done (these are downloads off of YT, vimeo, etc.). Is it possible to make a widget for any files in this folder which are in progress (have a resume point)?

Just asking again Smile
Question for jurialmunkey or any other skinning Yoda: I would really like to have the TV Guide as the following image.

I already tried to replace the MyPVRguide.xml from Arctic Zephyr with the one from the 'Exploded' mod. Didn't work.

Guys anyone know how i can get more rating flags in move info?

Like from rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc.
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2017-05-16, 23:50)henrikyo Wrote: Guys anyone know how i can get more rating flags in move info?

Like from rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307462

I'm currently got it on my todo list , to modify it so it shows rating on the main browse screen (RT/Metacritic/Flix)
I'll upload my mod to my github and make a post .
For now though use the Plus mod , go to Information / Left arrow
Is there a way to set a weather widget in this skin? Cant find it
Noticed an update on 5/18/2017
the option to have widgets refresh or not removed from skin settings. Did it move? If it was just cut, please consider keeping it. Great feature and I really liked having the option to set widgets to refresh.
Thanks for awesome skin
(2017-05-18, 07:42)Ddmorris1971 Wrote: Noticed an update on 5/18/2017
the option to have widgets refresh or not removed from skin settings. Did it move? If it was just cut, please consider keeping it. Great feature and I really liked having the option to set widgets to refresh.
Thanks for awesome skin
It was removed.

It shouldn't be necessary any more in Krypton as containers should automatically refresh when certain conditions occur.

It also causes confusion because people think that if its turned off then the widgets will never refresh which is not the case -- all it does is force the widgets to refresh every single time you enter the home screen (or if you have multiple different widgets, every time you change between widgets).

The constant refreshing puts a lot of strain on things if you use an internet based video addon (e.g. youtube) - its particularly bad for youtube, because the public api keys that ship with the youtube add-on can only handle a limited amount of requests a day and this will significantly increase those requests.

If you have problems with widgets not refreshing properly, then you can always map a key/button/menu-shortcut to the ReloadSkin() command as that will force the widgets to refresh.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-05-18, 08:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-05-18, 07:42)Ddmorris1971 Wrote: Noticed an update on 5/18/2017
Thanks for awesome skin
It was removed.

It shouldn't be necessary any more in Krypton as containers should automatically refresh when certain conditions occur.

It also causes confusion because people think that if its turned off then the widgets will never refresh which is not the case -- all it does is force the widgets to refresh every single time you enter the home screen (or if you have multiple different widgets, every time you change between widgets).

The constant refreshing puts a lot of strain on things if you use an internet based video addon (e.g. youtube) - its particularly bad for youtube, because the public api keys that ship with the youtube add-on can only handle a limited amount of requests a day and this will significantly increase those requests.

If you have problems with widgets not refreshing properly, then you can always map a key/button/menu-shortcut to the ReloadSkin() command as that will force the widgets to refresh.
did you see my fairly recent post (#229) in the bug thread where i wrote

"Im reluctant to call this a bug but i've read on this Kodi forum somewhere that you do not need to allow widget reloading with Kodi 17.

However, if i disable it i find that my custom backgrounds for main menu items are "randomly" changed to other pictures from elsewhere..i know not where !
"
(2017-05-18, 11:11)pusb87 Wrote: did you see my fairly recent post (#229) in the bug thread where i wrote

"Im reluctant to call this a bug but i've read on this Kodi forum somewhere that you do not need to allow widget reloading with Kodi 17.

However, if i disable it i find that my custom backgrounds for main menu items are "randomly" changed to other pictures from elsewhere..i know not where !
"

That really shouldn't be happening. I can't see any reason why it would. Would need more details about your setup.
What widgets are you using?
What type of custom backgrounds are you using?
How are you setting the custom backgrounds?

Also what are the pictures of? Are they movie fanart, or from some pictures folder?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I also experience the same problem. the widget is set to work only by pressing up key, and I'm using custom image background. when I press the up key the widget does not open. Then when I redefine the widget, the fanart image from the widget bounces even without pressing the up button.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3
(2017-05-18, 13:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-05-18, 11:11)pusb87 Wrote: did you see my fairly recent post (#229) in the bug thread where i wrote

"

That really shouldn't be happening. I can't see any reason why it would. Would need more details about your setup.
What widgets are you using?
What type of custom backgrounds are you using?
How are you setting the custom backgrounds?

Also what are the pictures of? Are they movie fanart, or from some pictures folder?

Hi, thanks for getting back,

Im using widgets such as lists of addons, favourites, next episodes etc
Custom backgrounds are .jpg images stored in the download folder of my android devices
Backgrounds are set from within the Customise Main Menu screens of the Skin Settings

The pictures now showing seem to be movie/tv fanart and/or thumbnails of the addons i have installed ...definetly not from any picture folder !

hope this helps

TIA
  • 197(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37