• 87(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2017-05-19, 12:01)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 11:53)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 11:28)primaeval Wrote: There were a few problems last week or so but CaptainT sorted them out.
Make sure you are on version 2.5.13.

It does look like there is something wrong with the Channel A-Z.
The program names don't show up for me right now.

Do a comparison with another device if you can. You might have got some corrupt settings on the rpi sdcard.
I have managed to do that a few times by moving an unboxed rpi board around while it is plugged in.

I am running version 2.5.13.

It's not just the channel A-Z not populating it's every list.

I tried to install Kodi on my tablet to run a comparison I installed 17.1 from play store but it won't let me install this addon I get a message saying "the dependency on inputstream.adaptive version 1.0.6 could not ..."

It may have some corruption as you say but wouldn't know how to fix this. I have tried to uninstall and re-install but nothing changed.

I do have a backup so if all else fails I will try that.

First: edit your post above to remove the banned addons and make DarrenHill happy.

Second: Follow this post to install iplayerWWW on Krypton. You have to enable InputStream Adaptive before you install this addon.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2585171

Third: Let's see whether it works on Krypton first. You can also install SPMC alongside Kodi to do a clean install test. SPMC is running Jarvis and deals with the https problems better.

I could not find InputStream Adaptive anywhere in Kodi to install.

I managed to install iPlayer in SPMC on my Android tablet and the live TV works.

There was still a problem with the catchup though but different now. It populates all the programs into the menu but every program I try to play gives me an error "hostname 'vld-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net' doesn't match ....'

Obviously I can just use the iPlayer app on my tablet but its difficult to connect my tablet to the TV and the TV is not smart which is why I was looking to this addon on my RP.
(2017-05-19, 12:50)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 12:01)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 11:53)chrissxuk Wrote: I am running version 2.5.13.

It's not just the channel A-Z not populating it's every list.

I tried to install Kodi on my tablet to run a comparison I installed 17.1 from play store but it won't let me install this addon I get a message saying "the dependency on inputstream.adaptive version 1.0.6 could not ..."

It may have some corruption as you say but wouldn't know how to fix this. I have tried to uninstall and re-install but nothing changed.

I do have a backup so if all else fails I will try that.

First: edit your post above to remove the banned addons and make DarrenHill happy.

Second: Follow this post to install iplayerWWW on Krypton. You have to enable InputStream Adaptive before you install this addon.

Third: Let's see whether it works on Krypton first. You can also install SPMC alongside Kodi to do a clean install test. SPMC is running Jarvis and deals with the https problems better.

I managed to install iPlayer in SPMC on my Android tablet and the live TV works.

There was still a problem with the catchup though but different now. It populates all the programs into the menu but every program I try to play gives me an error "hostname 'vld-hls-uk-live.akamaized.net' doesn't match ....'

Obviously I can just use the iPlayer app on my tablet but its difficult to connect my tablet to the TV and the TV is not smart which is why I was looking to this addon on my RP.

Follow my First step first. Then we can continue.
(2017-05-19, 12:52)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 12:50)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 12:01)primaeval Wrote: First: edit your post above to remove the banned addons and make DarrenHill happy.

Ok done, sorry about that I was not sure what you were referring to originally.

I am no expert but still have this feeling that there is a connection with Kodi losing the correct time and me having to add the NTV server to rectify this.
(2017-05-19, 13:27)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 12:52)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 12:50)chrissxuk Wrote: I could not find InputStream Adaptive anywhere in Kodi to install.

I am no expert but still have this feeling that there is a connection with Kodi losing the correct time and me having to add the NTV server to rectify this.

Thanks. Team Kodi are allergic to Lawyers.

Are you sure InputStream Adapative is not already installed?
The confusing thing is it should be installed but not enabled by default.

It does sound like something in your networking is not set up right.
Maybe something is hardcoded to something at your home address instead of using DHCP.
(2017-05-19, 13:34)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 13:27)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 12:52)primaeval Wrote: Follow my First step first. Then we can continue.

Maybe something is hardcoded to something at your home address instead of using DHCP.

I could not find InputStream Adaptive anywhere in Kodi but I don't normally use Kodi on Android I normally use SPMC I only installed Kodi to try and do this comparison.

It's possibly something to do with this network as it's not mine and I am not familiar with it. I will be home in a few days and can check it then and maybe all will be ok.

I originally only asked in case there was a problem with the addon.

Thank you for your help.
(2017-05-19, 14:02)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 13:34)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 13:27)chrissxuk Wrote: Ok done, sorry about that I was not sure what you were referring to originally.

I could not find InputStream Adaptive anywhere in Kodi but I don't normally use Kodi on Android I normally use SPMC I only installed Kodi to try and do this comparison.

It's possibly something to do with this network as it's not mine and I am not familiar with it. I will be home in a few days and can check it then and maybe all will be ok.

Thank you for your help.

InputStream Adaptive is here:
Kodi 17.1 \ System \ Addons \ My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream \ InputStream Adaptive \ (right click) \ Information \ Enable

Just the Channel A-Z is broken right now as far as I can see.

It is possible your network is being blocked or restricted depending on what you are connecting to.
If it is a hotel or similar they might limit the connections to http or different streaming protocols.
They might be waiting for you to click on a login button that doesn't show up in Kodi.
(2017-05-19, 14:12)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:02)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 13:34)primaeval Wrote: Thanks. Team Kodi are allergic to Lawyers.

Thank you for your help.

Kodi 17.1 \ System \ Addons \ My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream \ InputStream Adaptive \ (right click) \ Information \ Enable

It is possible your network is being blocked or restricted depending on what you are connecting to.
If it is a hotel or similar they might limit the connections to http or different streaming protocols.
They might be waiting for you to click on a login button that doesn't show up in Kodi.

I did look at that for InputStream as per that instruction it is not there and I could not find any way of installing it.

It is not just Channel A-Z not working for me it is everything.

It is a cottage with BT hub all other Kodi addons I have tried work only iPlayer is the problem.
(2017-05-19, 14:22)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:12)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:02)chrissxuk Wrote: I could not find InputStream Adaptive anywhere in Kodi but I don't normally use Kodi on Android I normally use SPMC I only installed Kodi to try and do this comparison.

Thank you for your help.

I did look at that for InputStream as per that instruction it is not there and I could not find any way of installing it.

It is a cottage with BT hub all other Kodi addons I have tried work only iPlayer is the problem.

I don't know.

I just checked on my rpi with LibreELEC 7.02 Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and everything is working ok.

Have you tried the simple things like making a new Profile, re-installing iplayerwww and turning off autoplay in Settings \ Streams
Just set the providers to Akamai to be safe too in the Live and Catchup Sources.

I wonder if some of your other addons have been messing around with url resolvers, proxies and vpns.
A fresh Profile might help to diagnose that.
@chrissxuk One last thought for now.

Does the official BBC iPlayer app work on Android or in a browser through the same wifi router?

I just wondered whether they might have blocked iPlayer as they don't want to pay the License Fee for their cottage.

They might also have blocked the ntp time server as a side effect.
(2017-05-19, 18:47)primaeval Wrote: @chrissxuk One last thought for now.

Does the official BBC iPlayer app work on Android or in a browser through the same wifi router?

I just wondered whether they might have blocked iPlayer as they don't want to pay the License Fee for their cottage.

They might also have blocked the ntp time server as a side effect.

Surely they would be a little daft to block iPlayer but provide a TV? The iPlayer app on my Android tablet works. In fact everything works in Kodi except the iPlayer www addon. The NTP time server I added works and originally the time was correct in Kodi without the NTP server added, it all went pear shaped after a few days. I think there may be some corruption on my RP. I have reinstalled iPlayer but it changes nothing. I dont want to reinstall Kodi just for this one addon as its only important to me for 2 more days.
(2017-05-19, 14:50)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:22)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:12)primaeval Wrote: InputStream Adaptive is here:

I don't know.

I just checked on my rpi with LibreELEC 7.02 Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and everything is working ok.

Have you tried the simple things like making a new Profile, re-installing iplayerwww and turning off autoplay in Settings \ Streams
Just set the providers to Akamai to be safe too in the Live and Catchup Sources.

I wonder if some of your other addons have been messing around with url resolvers, proxies and vpns.

I am not sure what you mean by change providers or or turning off autoplay. I do not get as far as it trying to find providers or autoplay. Every menu I click is empty ie most popular, channel a-z bbc1 bbc2 etc, programme a-z a b c ect. I have nothing in catchup listed to select. But I have officially given up Smile
(2017-05-19, 20:13)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:50)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:22)chrissxuk Wrote: I did look at that for InputStream as per that instruction it is not there and I could not find any way of installing it.

I don't know.

I am not sure what you mean by change providers or or turning off autoplay. I do not get as far as it trying to find providers or autoplay. Every menu I click is empty ie most popular, channel a-z bbc1 bbc2 etc, programme a-z a b c ect. I have nothing in catchup listed to select. But I have officially given up Smile

You can't give up. There are 2 more days left.

Autoplay is in the addon Settings \ Streams section.
You get to the Settings by right clicking on iPlayerWWW in the Kodi \ Video section.

Did you try the new Kodi Profile to make sure it wasn't some strange settings in your normal profile?
(2017-05-19, 20:57)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:50)primaeval Wrote: I don't know.

You get to the Settings by right clicking on iPlayerWWW in the Kodi \ Video section.

Did you try the new Kodi Profile to make sure it wasn't some strange settings in your normal profile?

I do understand where autoplay is my point is the mysterious problem is resulting in no programs being downloaded when I choose any menu this means I have nothing in catchup anywhere to select to play so surely autoplay is irrelevant? I did try it anyway but it makes no difference.

The reason why I think it's something to do with the clock is because as soon as Kodi failed to show the correct time the ITV Player (can I mention that one?) acted very much like iPlayer is now it would not download any programs into the menu. But when I added a NTP server in the LibreElec settings the time displayed correctly and ITV Player loaded the menus.

Maybe iPlayer takes the system time differently? Maybe trying a different NTP server would work?

I will take a look at a fresh profile but changing things worries me a little because I have something rather important (that can't be mentioned) that is only working by luck. The unmentionable addon itself no longer works and is not maintained and won't open but for some reason I can access it from previously saved favourites.
(2017-05-19, 20:57)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:50)primaeval Wrote: I don't know.

I have now tried a new profile and the exact same problem exits in that.
(2017-05-19, 23:02)chrissxuk Wrote: I have now tried a new profile and the exact same problem exits in that.

I'm running out of ideas which is why I'm suggesting some things that don't seem relevant.

Nothing in the iplayerwww code depends directly on the correct time.
I don't think the Kodi internet caching would really affect it too, although it is time dependent.
The new profile tested whether you had any stuck settings from the BBCid login.

I've just been going through the normal debugging process.
Either find something that does work and compare
or slowly add or remove parts or change settings until something stops or starts working.
You can sometimes speed that up by changing half the settings or parts at once in a binary tree type search.

If you have a ton of other addons they can take over the low level network layers by adding in proxies, url resolvers, vpns etc.
Maybe the startup procedure in LibeELEC depends on something on your home network that isn't in your cottage.
I have seen some very selective firewall blocks in hotels and free wifi hotspots.

You have other Android devices so you should have been able to compare with Kodi, SPMC.
I'm still not clear why this failed in your case but inputstream.adaptive is a bit of a special case.

There are other bbc addons out in the wilds of kodiland which might have been another method of comparison.
I've made one that I use for experimenting with new ideas in my repo.

Anyway. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Smile You didn't miss anything. It was all repeats. Wink
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12