• 62(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-05-11, 12:59)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [
You have an up-to-date list of argument keywords here. For this launcher you will need:

Code:
run "c:\CPS3emulator\emulator.exe" $rombasenoext$

run is the EXE you have created? Isn't it simpler to launch c:\CPS3emulator\emulator.exe straight away? I mean, why do you need an additional executable to launch the CPS3 emulator?

Because I must integrate this Autoit code for my config to easily escape emulator and keep the focus of kodi after

Code:
$emuExe = "emulator.exe" ; define variable

HotKeySet ("{ESC}", "Terminate")

Send ( "#{F9}" ) ; disables Kodi focus in Launcher4Kodi
Runwait ( '"C:\VMs\CPS3emulator 1.0a\emulator.exe" -nowindows warzard')

Func Terminate ()
    ProcessClose ( $emuExe )
;~     WinSetState("Kodi", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ; active if Kodi in windowed mode
    Send ( "#{F9}" ) ; actives Kodi focus in Launcher4Kodi
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Your solution works directly in the launcher but not in my script even with $rombasenoext$ in the laucher argument...
What do you think ?
(2017-05-11, 23:09)myghalloween Wrote: Your solution works directly in the launcher but not in my script even with $rombasenoext$ in the laucher argument...
What do you think ?

Have a look at the Command Line Parameters of Autoit.

If you configure your launcher like this

Code:
run "C:\VMs\CPS3emulator 1.0a\emulator.exe" -nowindows $rombasenoext$

Then modify your script to something like this

Code:
$emuExe = $CmdLine[1]
$romName = $CmdLine[3]

HotKeySet ("{ESC}", "Terminate")

Send ( "#{F9}" ) ; disables Kodi focus in Launcher4Kodi
Runwait ($emuExe  $romName)

Func Terminate ()
    ProcessClose ( $emuExe )
;~     WinSetState("Kodi", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ; active if Kodi in windowed mode
    Send ( "#{F9}" ) ; actives Kodi focus in Launcher4Kodi
    Exit 0
EndFunc

I have never used Autoit or tested the code, but I think you get the idea.
(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: General/Interface
1) I didn't see an option to scrape for all metadata and/or all images for a rom (or all ROMS in a launcher if I'm getting greedy). This means each attribute (cover, box art, etc.) needs to be scraped one at a time.

Yes, there is no such an option. AEL supports more scrapers than AL and the scraping is more complex because the increased number of assets. The general idea of AEL is that users will download artwork if they have big collections, and then use the scrapers manually for fine tuning.

If I automatise downloading metadata/assets that will increase the complexity of the code a lot.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 2) When scraping for a single item, you're brought back to the Rom list after every search, meaning that for every image or data value you import you need to submenu>edit rom>Edit Assets Artwork > Edit. It would be far more user friendly to return back to whatever menu was open before scraping and, as mentioned in 1) be able to search for all data/images at one time.

This is because of Kodi limited GUI controls. In theory, I can change the plugin so when you press cancel on a context menu you go back to the previous menu. However, that will increase the complexity of the code a lot. I will think about this and maybe make some tests on simple context menus like "Edit categories". If it works well then I will improve all context menus.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 3) Panasonic 3DO isn't available as a platform yet

I have include this in the TODO list.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 4) There's no way to use Gamefaqs to search for boxfronts or fanart. If this is because Gamefaqs doesn't let you search by type (title, logo, fanart etc.) it might be usefull to have AEL search all items and allow the user to chose which to use.

Yes. Each scraper only supports some assets, not all of them.

How you propose to implement this feature with Kodi GUI?

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 5) AEL does not support Google searching for things like boxart or, and more usefully, screenshots. Maybe I'm the only person particular about my shots but I usually spend a while looking for a good shot so the Google option in AL a godsend. Maybe the settings could include a preferred scraping provider for each data/image attribute so that they don't need to be limited from the per-item import menus.

In the beginning Google's motto was "Don't be evil". As time went on, Google became a little bit evil. The Google Image Search API that AL used was deprecated (have a look here). With the new Google API you only have a very limited number of searches and even a small collection of ROMs will exhaust your quota. I decided not to implement the Google API because given the very limited number of searches it was not worth the effort. Of course, if you want to use a unlimited number of searches that's possible, but you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: I also couldn't seem to get most of the online scrapers to get data. I found one that worked for fanart but I didn't find any box art no matter what scraper I used

Sometimes the scrapers work very slow, particularly TheGamesDB. From Japan, I think the faster scraper is MobyGames. Anyway, I will check the scrapers just in case the webmasters introduced changes in the HTML.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: Importing
6) When importing a database from Advanced Launcher, all AL-based launchers show "No Roms" instead of the proper ROM count at the top level.

After you change anything from the launcher the number of ROMs will be updated. I will add a fix for this.

Also, note that the AL importer was useful long time ago, when AL and AEL had a lot in common. Now, AEL has diverged quite a lot from AL. If you want to use your ROM collection in AEL I recommend to setup AEL from the beginning as opposed to use the importer.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 7) All roms imported from Advanced Launcher copy their rom covers image over to the AEL Title attribute instead of boxfront/cabinet which is the more common usage (at least, as far as I know). It also means that roms imported from AL do not have any cover artwork shown (at least in Rapier Skin)

Yes... this is related with the previous issue. When importing AL roms, AL thumb is imported as Title and AL fanart is imported as fanart. I can change importing thumb to boxfront. However, this will not work for MAME roms, which do not have boxfront... As I said in issue 6), I believe now is better to start your AEL configuration from scratch setting all the directories for your assets from the beginning instead of using the AL importer.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 8) When importing roms from a folder with nfo files for each rom included in the same folder as the roms, AEL does not import the nfo metadata even when AEL is set to import metadata from nfos/locally

This issue happens when you use AEL ROM scanner? If so, can you please post an XML launcher configuration and an NFO file example?

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: Multidisk Support
9) Multidisk support does not seem to support assigning arbitrary file names to the sub discs (Ex: "Metal Gear Solid (Disc 2) (VR Missions)). If the file names differ between discs 1 and the other discs, the other discs won't be added to the set.

There could be bugs in the multidisc filename extractor. Can you send an example of all discs in a set that should belong to the same set but are not included? I will have a look.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 10) Multidisk games show the full file name in the ("Game (Disc 1).iso) in the mutlidisc selection menu. This brakes with how most other things are shown in Kodi (which tries to hide file/filesystem directory names and show proper titles instead). I imagine AEL is set this way to allow users to identify which of the multidisc games they want to play, but this could be handled more elegantly by filtering the display names in the multidisc sub menu. For example(and this will also deal with 9 above), if you a) allowed users to enter arbitrary data after the (Disc X) identifier (maybe in parenthesis or some other limiter), you could then b) only display the portion of the file names that are different in the multidisc submenu. For example:

"Metal Gear Solid (USA) [!](Disc 1) (Main Disc).cue"
"Metal Gear Solid (USA) [!](Disc 2) (VR Missions).cue"

would become

"Main Disc"
"VR Missions"

Discs that don't have an explicit name would be automatically assigned a name based on position (Ex: "Disc 2")

In my head, the file name would be broken down into
1) File name stub ("Metal Gear Solid (USA) [!]")
2) Disc indicator ("(Disc X)")
3) Arbitrary disc label ignored during initial scraping ("(VR Missions)"

OK. I will think about this for release 0.9.7. First, we need to make sure that the multidisc filename extractor (a function that decides if a ISO belongs to a set) works perfectly.

(2017-04-02, 14:50)atsumori Wrote: 11) Finally, and I know I've mentioned this before, but it would be really nice if in addition to Tosec naming, that AEL supported AL-style "-cd1." multidisc naming (either as a setting toggle or in addition to TOSEC). Having AEL and AL use different naming conventions means that it's not an easy jump to try AEL as the second we change the file names to AEL (Tosec) format the old AL database becomes out of date. I imaging there are a lot of AL users looking to jump to AEL but aren't ready to give up on their old installs yet.

I understand what you say. However, supporting every naming scheme would be impossible. I think is better to use the standard names in AEL and not support non-standard, legacy names. I know it may be a lot of effort to rename all your ISOs. I myself had to modify my collection but I think is better for everyone to use standard ROM/ISO names.
(2017-03-16, 21:48)blinken Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 16:49)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 01:08)blinken Wrote: No it looks good to me. Here is the relevant bit from my log.

18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launching ROM in Launcher ...
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Using Launcher standard arguments
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Sigle ROM detected (no multidisc)
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() ROMFileName OP "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() ROMFileName P "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() categoryID 10421432946926205de434ca7e34a101
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() launcherID 50a756fc28e92880f468e7aa3ba32c94
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romID 259c8053e7dc78c4d7cb94ee2e61092b
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romfile "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rompath "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombase "Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() rombasenoext "Turbo"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romtitle "Mario Kart 8"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() application "C:\1EMU\EMULATORS\cemu_1.7.2\Cemu.exe"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() apppath "C:\1EMU\EMULATORS\cemu_1.7.2"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() romext "rpx|wud"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() raw arguments "$rom$"
18:06:49.211 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() final arguments "F:\Games\WiiU\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
18:06:49.221 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : fs_write_Favourites_JSON() File special://profile/addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\most_played.json
18:06:49.223 T:4592 ERROR: AEL INFO : _command_run_rom() Launcher is not Kodi Retroplayer.

Put quotes on the "$rom$" variable. Your ROM name contains spaces on the directory. Also, have you tried opening an MS-DOS window and launching the emulator and ROM from there?

-f -g launch commands worked. I tried them before to no avail. I literally spent an hour trying to get those commands to work. They worked today for some reason. Can't explain it but it must be my fault... Thanks for the help.

I'm a first time user of this addon and I'm trying to add cemu could you give me a hand please, I don't really no what I'm doing tbh
(2017-05-16, 10:22)BigSteve84 Wrote: I'm a first time user of this addon and I'm trying to add cemu could you give me a hand please, I don't really no what I'm doing tbh

In the AEL asset library you have a configuration for Cemu. I put it here for your convenience.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
<launcher>
  <category>Nintendo</category>
  <name>Nintendo Wii U (CEmu)</name>
  <year>2012</year>
  <platform>Nintendo Wii U</platform>
  <application>D:\Emulators\Cemu\Cemu_cracked.exe</application>
  <args>/high -f -g &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
  <romext>wud|rpx|WUD|RPX</romext>
  <rompath>D:\ROMs\nintendo-wiiu\</rompath>
  <path_assets>D:\AEL-assets\nintendo-wiiu\</path_assets>
</launcher>
</advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>

Feel free to change the application path, rompath and path_assets to suit your needs.
(2017-05-16, 16:28)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 10:22)BigSteve84 Wrote: I'm a first time user of this addon and I'm trying to add cemu could you give me a hand please, I don't really no what I'm doing tbh

In the AEL asset library you have a configuration for Cemu. I put it here for your convenience.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
<launcher>
  <category>Nintendo</category>
  <name>Nintendo Wii U (CEmu)</name>
  <year>2012</year>
  <platform>Nintendo Wii U</platform>
  <application>D:\Emulators\Cemu\Cemu_cracked.exe</application>
  <args>/high -f -g &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
  <romext>wud|rpx|WUD|RPX</romext>
  <rompath>D:\ROMs\nintendo-wiiu\</rompath>
  <path_assets>D:\AEL-assets\nintendo-wiiu\</path_assets>
</launcher>
</advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>

Feel free to change the application path, rompath and path_assets to suit your needs.

Thanks a lot buddy but as I said I am a novice so bare with me, I've done the launcher now so just have to add the roms (I think?) ... I did it, all went well cheers for your help, quick question can you rename the rom?
(2017-05-16, 19:38)BigSteve84 Wrote: Thanks a lot buddy but as I said I am a novice so bare with me, I've done the launcher now so just have to add the roms (I think?) ... I did it, all went well cheers for your help, quick question can you rename the rom?

It's not completely your fault... I have been developing a lot of features and been busy with other projects (Advanced MAME Launcher and Advanced DOOM Launcher) and didn't have time to focus on the documentation/tutorials.

Of course you can rename your ROMs. Browse to the ROM in question, bring context menu, select "Edit ROM" -> "Edit metadata".

If you want to change the names of all ROMs at once, then bring the launcher context menu, "Edit Launcher" -> "Manage ROM List" -> "Export NFO files" (note that I'm writing this from memory, actual name of menus could be a little bit different). This will create an XML NFO file for each ROM you can edit with NotePad++ (recommended editor in Windows) to set the ROM name and other metadata. Once you are finished editing the NFO files, then delete all ROMs from launcher ("Edit launcher" -> "Manage ROM List" -> "Clear ROMs") and rescan you launcher again. In order for the ROM scanner to pick up the NFO files make sure that in addon options you have the metadata scanner policy to "NFO files" or "NFO files + Scrapers".

Sorry for the long explanation... AEL has become a somewhat complicated piece of software Big Grin
Ladies, gents:

I have just released Estuary AEL MOD. This mod of Estuary includes 5 new views for AEL and improves the Text Viewer dialog.

More details and installation instructions on the second post of the thread.

Enjoy!
A bit o a random question but does anyone Know how to get a steam controller to work with Cemu?
I've been playing with AEL over the last few evenings on my old Lenovo Q190 PC and have got quite a nice setup working on Estuary. So far I just have Fusion for MegaDrive ROMS and SNEX9x for SNES games. Both are working quite nicely. I bought myself a wireless gamepad and am now at the "make it friendly" phase.

The problems I'm coming across are trying to make the whole experience gamepad friendly. I can control Kodi with a gamepad, which means I can jump into a game from AEL, no problems. I've configured all the necessary settings, and made any .ini or .cfg files read only to make sure that the relevant emulators open in full screen every time. The only thing I can't crack is exiting the emulator back to Kodi without grabbing my wireless keyboard and mouse. Fine, it works, but not really great for a living room big-screen setup.

Has anyone cracked this part for their setups? Could there be other options I'm unaware of? I'm only really interested in console emulation if that makes a difference.
(2017-05-19, 15:11)JesusOnEez Wrote: I've been playing with AEL over the last few evenings on my old Lenovo Q190 PC and have got quite a nice setup working on Estuary. So far I just have Fusion for MegaDrive ROMS and SNEX9x for SNES games. Both are working quite nicely. I bought myself a wireless gamepad and am now at the "make it friendly" phase.

The problems I'm coming across are trying to make the whole experience gamepad friendly. I can control Kodi with a gamepad, which means I can jump into a game from AEL, no problems. I've configured all the necessary settings, and made any .ini or .cfg files read only to make sure that the relevant emulators open in full screen every time. The only thing I can't crack is exiting the emulator back to Kodi without grabbing my wireless keyboard and mouse. Fine, it works, but not really great for a living room big-screen setup.

Has anyone cracked this part for their setups? Could there be other options I'm unaware of? I'm only really interested in console emulation if that makes a difference.

Easy solution: MAME and Retroarch are "media center friendly". You can configure buttons in your gamepad to access the menus and quit the emus. In my case, I configure the Guide button of my Logitech F710 to exit all emulators and right stick (pressing right analog joystick) to access the Retroarch/MAME menu.

Complex solution: you will need an external program to map a button of your joytick into the keyboard combination Alt+F4 (assuming you are using Windows) or other combination for Linux OS.
(2017-05-07, 18:43)dmakk Wrote: I appreciate your work on this. Yes, I create a custom DAT for my PC game collection. I wanted to test the view as a better alternative to collections for games series. I used ClrMamePro to make a DAT file from a directory and got it working after some trial and error. The view works like movie sets, which is what I wanted.

dmakk, I need you to make some work as beta tester. I implemented the filter in No-Intro/Redump audited launchers and heavily modified the ROM auditing to make it more user friendly. Please install the latest development version of AEL from Github and play with it. If you find any bug or issue please tell me.

@Everyone: I also implemented a nice feature: browsing of the Offline Scraper database. AEL is now feature complete for a new release and once it's been tested a bit I will release 0.9.6.

Note that 0.9.6 will be the last Jarvis-compatible version of AEL. 0.9.7 and up will work on Krypton only.
(2017-05-19, 16:29)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-05-07, 18:43)dmakk Wrote: I appreciate your work on this. Yes, I create a custom DAT for my PC game collection. I wanted to test the view as a better alternative to collections for games series. I used ClrMamePro to make a DAT file from a directory and got it working after some trial and error. The view works like movie sets, which is what I wanted.

dmakk, I need you to make some work as beta tester. I implemented the filter in No-Intro/Redump audited launchers and heavily modified the ROM auditing to make it more user friendly. Please install the latest development version of AEL from Github and play with it. If you find any bug or issue please tell me.

@Everyone: I also implemented a nice feature: browsing of the Offline Scraper database. AEL is now feature complete for a new release and once it's been tested a bit I will release 0.9.6.

Note that 0.9.6 will be the last Jarvis-compatible version of AEL. 0.9.7 and up will work on Krypton only.

The latest version works great, and I've had no issues so far. I love the fact adding roms now adds and removes dead roms. That could probably be changed to update ROMs. The display ROM's views work exactly as I expected, and they work in both normal and parent/clone view. The immediate audit after adding a DAT file is great as well. The only issue I came across that remains is that the fanart and boxfront artwork for the parents still doesn't appear. This also brought forth the queston, if the parent ROM is missing, what art will be used? Will it be the next game in the DAT file? If there's parent artwork but no parent ROM, would that artwork be used?
I'm glad it works OK.

(2017-05-19, 20:04)dmakk Wrote: The latest version works great, and I've had no issues so far. I love the fact adding roms now adds and removes dead roms.

The ROM scanner always first removes dead ROMs! This is not a new feature. This is a report of the ROM scanner, where you can see how it operates:

Code:
*** Starting ROM scanner ... ***
  Launcher name "Sega 32X (Fusion)"
  launcher ID   "dde44429d85ec529c5ee79c588b111d9"
  ROM path      "E:\AEL-stuff\AEL-ROMs\sega-32x\"
  ROM ext       "zip"
  Platform      "Sega 32X"
Loading launcher ROMs ...
  7 ROMs currently in database
Removing dead ROMs ...
Scanning files ...
  Directory E:\AEL-stuff\AEL-ROMs\sega-32x\
  Found 3 files
Processing files ...
>>> E:\AEL-stuff\AEL-ROMs\sega-32x\Doom (Japan, USA).zip
  Expected 'zip' extension detected
  ROM does not belong to a multidisc set.
  File not in launcher ROM list. Processing it ...
>>> E:\AEL-stuff\AEL-ROMs\sega-32x\Knuckles' Chaotix (Europe).zip
  File already into launcher ROM list. Skipping file.
>>> E:\AEL-stuff\AEL-ROMs\sega-32x\Test Unknown ROM (Europe).zip
  File already into launcher ROM list. Skipping file.
***** ROM scanner finished ******
Removed dead ROMs      5
Files checked          3
New added ROMs         1
*** END of the ROM scanner report ***

(2017-05-19, 20:04)dmakk Wrote: That could probably be changed to update ROMs.

What you mean, can you explain better?

(2017-05-19, 20:04)dmakk Wrote: The immediate audit after adding a DAT file is great as well.

Yes. In previous versions, the user was supposed to be responsible of auditing the ROMs, etc. Now, the idea is that as soon as you set a DAT file, AEL will audit the ROMs and will keep the audit up to date. For example, if you remove one ROM the audit will be updated after the ROM deletion automatically. In order to get the launcher back to normal, just remove the DAT file: the missing ROMs will be deleted automatically and the No-Intro tags will be reset.

(2017-05-19, 20:04)dmakk Wrote: The display ROM's views work exactly as I expected, and they work in both normal and parent/clone view. The only issue I came across that remains is that the fanart and boxfront artwork for the parents still doesn't appear. This also brought forth the queston, if the parent ROM is missing, what art will be used? Will it be the next game in the DAT file? If there's parent artwork but no parent ROM, would that artwork be used?

In PClone view, parents are always shown regardless of the filtering settings. I implemented the filter in this way to deal with situations like this: you have set the filter "Have ROMs" and you have a PClone set where the parent is Missing but you have one of the clones. The Missing parent will be displayed always and when you enter the parent ROM only the Have clones will be shown and not the Missing Parent.

Regarding artwork: missing ROMs are not supposed to have assets, because they are not suppose to exist! The artwork is set/scanned by the ROM scanner, and the scanner only processes Have ROMs. In your setup, I think that the Parent ROM is a Missing ROM, and the clone ROMs are Have ROMs (correct me if I'm wrong). However, I believe that you can use the "Edit Launcher" context menu >> "Manage ROM List" >> "Rescan ROMs local assets/artwork". That should pick up locally available artwork even for missing ROMs.

Have a try and if it doesn't work as expected I will have a look.
New AEL release 0.9.6

Release notes

I promised not to implement more features in 0.9.6 but eventually there has been some significant changes between 0.9.6-beta1 and 0.9.6.

1) Scrapers now support ESRB rating and NPlayers (except MAME offline).

2) The Offline Scraper database can now be browsed!

3) ROM scanner reports.

4) NFO files are written/updated after scraping a ROM during scanning. This allows to stop the ROM scanning process and resume from the point where is was interrupted.

5) Redump XML DATs can be used to audit launchers.

6) No-Intro/Redump audit of launchers has been improved a lot.

Note that 0.9.6 will be the last version of AEL compatible with Kodi Jarvis. 0.9.7 and up will be compatible with Kodi Krypton only.

Upgrade from previous version of AEL

1) After upgrading to 0.9.6 go to AEL settings >> IO tab and execute "Check/Update all databases ...". If you don't do this AEL will crash constantly.

2) Some platform names have changed. Obsolete platform names will be changed to Unknown. If the scrapers are not searching well go to Edit Launcher context menu and change the platform to a new one.

3) If you use No-Intro DATs to audit your launchers make sure to go to "Edit launcher" >> "Audit ROMs" >> "Update ROM audit".

4) If you are upgrading from 0.9.5 or earlier make sure to read the 0.9.6-beta1 release notes.

Notes to skinners

1) Parent/Clone property is finally working. You can use this in your skin to display a Parent/Clone ROM flag.

Advanced Emulator Launcher | version 0.9.6 | 20 May 2017

Code:
FEATURE  Set Parent/Clone property so skins can display flag.

FEATURE  Support ERSB and NPlayers in offline scraper.

FEATURE  Support ERSB and NPlayers in online scrapers.

FEATURE  Virtual category to browse the Offline Scraper database.

FEATURE  Updated the number of databases in the Offline Scraper.

FEATURE  ROM scanner reports.

FEATURE  Refurbish ROM auditing and Parent/Clone view display mode.

FEATURE  Added a "Display ROMs" setting valid only in Parent/Clone display mode.

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287826&pid=2581878#pid2581878
         See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287826&pid=2582004#pid2582004

FEATURE  Support Redump DAT files. Note that Redump does not include Parent/Clone data so all
         ROMs are Parent ROMs.

FEATURE  New platform Panasonic 3DO.

FEATURE  Update NFO files after scraping. This is useful to interrupt the scanner when scanning
         large collections and resume scanning later.
         See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287826&pid=2548998#pid2548998

FEATURE  Allow only one instance of AEL running at a time.
         This prevents multiple launcher execution and also get rids forever of any database
         corruption issues due to concurrency! Thanks Roman_V_M for ideas about the fix.
         See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310697

FIX      Fixed crash when displaying a Launcher in Parent/Clone view with Unknown ROMs.

FIX      Fixed the number of ROMs counter when importing AL launchers.xml

FIX      ROM scanner ignores NFO files if option "NFO Files + Scrapers" is set.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12