• 31(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hey Alanon,

So i experienced overheating again i SSH into the Pi while it was overheating and type the command TOP while playing music the CPU usage was at 92%! This clearly points to the theme let me know how to disable alphabet scrollbar please.
(2017-05-24, 05:36)abriandnath Wrote: Hey Alanon,

So i experienced overheating again i SSH into the Pi while it was overheating and type the command TOP while playing music the CPU usage was at 92%! This clearly points to the theme let me know how to disable alphabet scrollbar please.

There's a skin setting called "Use alphabet scrollbars", it's in the library section. Uncheck it, and see if that helps.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-05-23, 21:49)Biofx80 Wrote: Hi
Beautiful skin.
Only one request... A wall view with Little, medium and large poster.
Like aeon wall view but not the same.
The eminence poster view are big space between poster perhaps reduce theme?

I hope this is possible...

At the moment, it's not possible due to the skin design. The poster borders can't be compressed due to the shadows applied on image resources. I would need much more space for larger posters, but this can't really be achieved, since the skin headers, info-lines and rss-footers always need to be displayed. That's the reason why there is a poster list, and a view called big posters - anything in between simply wouldn't fit. Confused

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-05-24, 09:39)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 05:36)abriandnath Wrote: Hey Alanon,

There's a skin setting called "Use alphabet scrollbars", it's in the library section. Uncheck it, and see if that helps.

Hey Alanon,

This was unchecked in my settings, so i'm unsure.
(2017-05-24, 14:53)abriandnath Wrote: Hey Alanon,

This was unchecked in my settings, so i'm unsure.

It was reported before that alphabet scrollbars were hitting the CPU pretty heavily on Linux, so that was a good place to start. Perhaps check, restart, then un-check it again, just in case something went wrong for some reason? The only other demanding features that I can think of would be the animated artwork (Library options) and manfeed's lyrics (Music OSD). Everything else is present in other skins in some form, and shouldn't cause issues on any configuration.

If neither of these solves the problem, I'll need detailed information on CPU usage on skin start, with and without music and video playback, to start. Then we'll have to switch a lot of things on and off, since we'll need something to pinpoint the exact culprit.

I have a few questions.

I have installed and configured the next up notification, but it doesn't work.

When i stream a show with a streaming add-on, it doesnt show the notifcation of the next episode.

Is it only usable for the local library or can it also be used for streaming add-ons?

When i want to see for example the cast of the movie or show. It shows only standard white person. It doesn't load the pictures of the cast

How can i fix this?

Thank you!
I tried the skin on my iPad and it is very buggy and isn't really user friendly when it comes to touch screen navigation. is it possible to get this skin more touch screen compatible?
(2017-05-24, 20:27)maroc1994 Wrote: I have a few questions.

When i stream a show with a streaming add-on, it doesnt show the notifcation of the next episode.

Is it only usable for the local library or can it also be used for streaming add-ons?

When i want to see for example the cast of the movie or show. It shows only standard white person. It doesn't load the pictures of the cast

How can i fix this?

Thank you!

As for the Next Up add-on, I'm pretty sure it wasn't built for streaming purposes, but that it reads the library. Either way, the skin only calls for the add-on, it doesn't modify its behaviour. So if it isn't working, it's most likely due to the add-on set-up. The Post-Play screen should work always.

(2017-05-24, 20:43)LittleNemo512 Wrote: I tried the skin on my iPad and it is very buggy and isn't really user friendly when it comes to touch screen navigation. is it possible to get this skin more touch screen compatible?

Well, for starters, I don't think the mod was ever very touch-friendly. Since I don't own any tablets, the features and controls I've added in since have mostly been oriented towards PC and remote control users. I don't really know how any of the additions reflected on the daily use of touch users. The things I've added very rarely went against the core mechanics of the skin, which shares many similarities with Eminence 2.

Since no-one really complained or offered ideas, I simply presumed things were mostly OK, and that those core mechanics were doing their job. If you have specific complaints I'll certainly try to fix them, but my approach will be on a mainly theoretical level, as i wouldn't be able to field-test them myself. Smile

Exclamation 
Play song with artist logo.png, then skip to song without logo:

It also happened to me once that the artist logo was still visible when navigating movies, specifically movie sets.
Instead of "James Bond Collection", it still showed the artist logo.

Speaking of movie sets, they won't show the proper clearart anymore, but the clearart for the first movie in the collection.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2017-05-25, 10:56)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Play song with artist logo.png, then skip to song without logo:

It also happened to me once that the artist logo was still visible when navigating movies, specifically movie sets.
Instead of "James Bond Collection", it still showed the artist logo.

Speaking of movie sets, they won't show the proper clearart anymore, but the clearart for the first movie in the collection.

Welcome back Velvet! Glad to see you're still fiddling with the skin. Wink

Did this logo issue start from the last few versions, or is it an older grievance? It's possible that an overhaul of the artwork mechanism would fix this, but that would mean re-prioritising users' music collections to match Skin Helper mechanics...

As for the sets, I'll look into it. Something probably got broken with the last update, I remember fiddling with the artwork...

Cheers, life got in the way...

The logo issue started with the last few versions, but i canot pinpoint it to a specific release.

Still the best skin for Kodi 17 tho. Smile
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Hey Alanon, just popping in to say THANK YOU!
-Thank you for keeping this skin alive.
-Thank You for making it even better.
-Thank you for listening to everybodys question/concerns.
-Thank You for making this into what it is today.
-I know how it is, most of the time all you get is why, and hows, but you definitely deserve a simple THANK YOU every once in a while.
(2017-05-25, 00:29)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 20:27)maroc1994 Wrote: I have a few questions.

How can i fix this?

Thank you!

As for the Next Up add-on, I'm pretty sure it wasn't built for streaming purposes, but that it reads the library. Either way, the skin only calls for the add-on, it doesn't modify its behaviour. So if it isn't working, it's most likely due to the add-on set-up. The Post-Play screen should work always.

Thank you very much!

How about for example the pictures of the cast actors. Now it is only showing the standard white person. Must i do something, so it can be load?
(2017-05-26, 18:28)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Alanon, just popping in to say THANK YOU!
-I know how it is, most of the time all you get is why, and hows, but you definitely deserve a simple THANK YOU every once in a while.

absolutely!!!! Keep it up!
(2017-05-26, 18:28)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Alanon, just popping in to say THANK YOU!

(2017-05-26, 20:21)maroc1994 Wrote: absolutely!!!! Keep it up!

Well thanks guys! It actually means a lot to see folks liking the skin. Big Grin

(2017-05-26, 20:21)maroc1994 Wrote: Thank you very much!

How about for example the pictures of the cast actors. Now it is only showing the standard white person. Must i do something, so it can be load?

The skin itself only loads what's available and downloaded. Many add-ons have settings inside that define what artwork types of artwork will be downloaded. For starters, I believe Artwork Downloader has a setting for the actor images, ExtendedInfo also, and I believe some media scrapers. So you'd need to enable them and see if anything changes.

• 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21