• 90(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-05-17, 13:18)Bjur Wrote: Okay thanks I will consider what to do. But are the BETA working absolutely fine and still have many of the same things as the alpha?

The 1.4.7.x Beta is WAYS back in development and no longer supported. I thought you wanted to use an older alpha version that worked for you.

I've to change our (crappy) version designations to help the users to understand which one is working or stable as possible.

Next release will be called 1.5.0 Beta (will be released in next 10-14 days).
That means all features are possible features has been implemented, so we have feature freezed state and I will only fix very bad issues they need to be fixed.

I'm already working on Ember v.2.0 that has been reworked at most of all core funktions, core code and modules/addons. A part of the features that I've promised for Alpha 24 will be only included in the first 2.x release. Sorry for that, but I did not expect it needs so many changes and optimizations.
It is absolutely nonsense to add new features and fix the same errors and problems on two versions.

At the moment, I'm just updating the bug tracker and adding all the steps to the milestones, so you have a little overview of the current state.
okay thank you for the status updateSmile
I have only tried the newest alpha. Came from a very old beta.
I don't know which alpha is the most stable. If you can give a hint it would be niceSmile
(2017-05-17, 13:48)Bjur Wrote: okay thank you for the status updateSmile
I don't know which alpha is the most stable. If you can give a hint it would be niceSmile

The most stable and newest one is that one that has been linked in the first post of this thread.
The other ways is to feech the latest state of developing directly from Github and compile it by yourself.

It's only you who have reported those problems, so not much to go on
Just asking, did you do a fresh install or did you updated an old installation?
It's possible to create a new profile in Ember and start from scratch, just make a new empty folder under profiles folder and see if that helps
Everything in your default profile is untouched so it's like 2 separate installations
(2017-05-17, 17:46)T-bird_se Wrote:

It's only you who have reported those problems, so not much to go on
Just asking, did you do a fresh install or did you updated an old installation?
It's possible to create a new profile in Ember and start from scratch, just make a new empty folder under profiles folder and see if that helps
Everything in your default profile is untouched so it's like 2 separate installations
Have tried.
See post #1296
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259449&page=87
Where can I find older alpha release to try out?
I think I have actually found a solution. If I run x86 (32 bit version) on my WHS 2011 64 bit version it works..
I'm having problems scraping the TV show "Agatha Christie's Poirot". The actors for each episode are not being updated, it looks like they all have the same actors as one certain episode. I've tried rescraping the field and also changed the scraper for that information to IMDB. The nfo files are also not updated, at least the timestamp remains the same.
(2017-05-17, 13:45)DanCooper Wrote: I've to change our (crappy) version designations to help the users to understand which one is working or stable as possible.

Next release will be called 1.5.0 Beta (will be released in next 10-14 days).
That means all features are possible features has been implemented, so we have feature freezed state and I will only fix very bad issues they need to be fixed.

I'm already working on Ember v.2.0 that has been reworked at most of all core funktions, core code and modules/addons. A part of the features that I've promised for Alpha 24 will be only included in the first 2.x release. Sorry for that, but I did not expect it needs so many changes and optimizations.
It is absolutely nonsense to add new features and fix the same errors and problems on two versions.

At the moment, I'm just updating the bug tracker and adding all the steps to the milestones, so you have a little overview of the current state.

Thanks for that, it will help allot
Looking forward for new versions and assisting on ironing the bugs out Smile

Thanks again for your work
I know you've mentioned in the past that the IMDB TV Scraper is slow because you have to parse each individual webpage to get the data, but I may have a better solution.

Instead of going to each episode page to scrape the data, would using http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/epdate and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/epcast be quicker? The first URL lists the episode ratings for the entire series, while the second URL has the episode numbers, title, cast list, episode data, and plot summary for each episode on one single page.

Along with the main series page, that should allow you to scrape all the data without having to load a new webpage for every episode.
I hope 1.5 fixes the issue where TV Movies are not searched.
(2017-05-24, 16:00)badbob001 Wrote: I hope 1.5 fixes the issue where TV Movies are not searched.
?
(2017-05-24, 16:32)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 16:00)badbob001 Wrote: I hope 1.5 fixes the issue where TV Movies are not searched.
?

I posted about it here but it got no reply:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2578377

Basically, no results will be found for a TV Movie, despite TV Movies being enabled in the search settings.
(2017-05-24, 19:32)badbob001 Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 16:32)DanCooper Wrote:
?

I posted about it here but it got no reply:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2578377

Basically, no results will be found for a TV Movie, despite TV Movies being enabled in the search settings.

Just fixed: GitHub
(2017-04-10, 16:26)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 16:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 14:20)axlt2002 Wrote: When you write "TV Shows" you mean also the single Episode .nfo files, right?
Yes, and also movie NFOs.

(2017-04-10, 14:20)axlt2002 Wrote: One question for clarification about the new format

Code:
<id>121361</id>
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt0944947</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb">1399</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">121361</uniqueid>

What does the "default" property in the last line mean? Why only in the last line and what happens if it is set to "false"?
I've no idea. I don't know the default value for the "default" field (true or false). Maybe the XML parser in Kodi adds the "default=true" id on the first position in DB. Maybe the <id> has the hogher priority while adding the DB, maybe the <id> will be ignored if <uniqueid> is available. I think only a Kodi dev or a look into the source code can answer your question...

(2017-04-10, 14:20)axlt2002 Wrote: Another point is related to ratings and votes; Kodi exports them in the following format that is not recognized by EMM:

Code:
<ratings>
     <rating name="default" max="10" default="true">
           <value>9.000000</value>
           <votes>262868</votes>
     </rating>
</ratings>

Are you going to adapt it in EMM?
Yes, I will add that also to the next version. But atm I don't have run any tests with this.

Thanks! Good news!

P.S.: Honestly, about "default" (btw is present even in the ratings), I don't think is going to make any particular difference for me Wink

EDIT:

I've just made a trial: the node that has default = true, is the one that will be used as <id> in the Kodi Library. Smile

Hi Dan,

Just to know if the two formats for ids and votes will be part of the next release of EMM and when it will be available. I'm just asking because I have started to modify manually all my .nfo files to adapt to the new ids format...but such operation is going to make me crazy soon!!!! Confused
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2