• 88(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2017-05-12, 12:15)primaeval Wrote: Version 3 of the addon needs the addon InputStream Adaptive to be installed and enabled before you can install or upgrade it.
Some devices might not be able to install InputStream Adapative but Windows should be ok.

Kodi 17.1 \ System \ Addons \ My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream \ InputStream Adaptive \ (right click) \ Information \ Enable

Can this be added on the main first post?
Possible set default to HLS then when user chooses DASH it tells the user exactly how to enable inputstream

The standard user won't know how to upgrade to latest version
(2017-05-21, 23:28)aziztt Wrote: Can this be added on the main first post?
Done.
Quote:Possible set default to HLS then when user chooses DASH it tells the user exactly how to enable inputstream
Unfortunately, it is not that easy. There is some experiments towards that on GitHub, but it is far from perfect. The goal is to remove this hard dependency and automatically fall back to HLS in case InputStream Adaptive is missing. It will take some more time to complete this.
(2017-05-12, 12:15)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 12:06)Thebluevoice Wrote: ^^^

Version 3 of the addon needs the addon InputStream Adaptive to be installed and enabled before you can install or upgrade it.
Some devices might not be able to install InputStream Adapative but Windows should be ok.

Kodi 17.1 \ System \ Addons \ My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream \ InputStream Adaptive \ (right click) \ Information \ Enable

This option is no longer available in the Kodi 17.2 update Huh
(2017-05-24, 08:54)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 12:15)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 12:06)Thebluevoice Wrote: ^^^

Version 3 of the addon needs the addon InputStream Adaptive to be installed and enabled before you can install or upgrade it.

Thanks for the info. It looks we need to get this InputStream Adaptive dependency fixed as soon as possible.
If you ever use subtitles you really must upgrade to Kodi 17.2 as there is a hacking vulnerability.
Malicious Subtitles Threaten Kodi, VLC and Popcorn Time Users, Researchers Warn
Hi all,

Checking it wasn't just me. I updated to v17.2 on Android this morning (thanks for the effort) and iPlayer would not update. So I head to my settings to enable inputstream adaptive and it's no longer there. Has someone forgotten it? Blush

I've tried installing inputstream adaptive manually, but no joy. I will have to leave my Windows install as 17.1 for now and keep my fingers crossed for a change to iPlayer.

Alun
(2017-05-24, 18:59)BetterRed Wrote: Hi all,

Checking it wasn't just me. I updated to v17.2 on Android this morning (thanks for the effort) and iPlayer would not update. So I head to my settings to enable inputstream adaptive and it's no longer there. Has someone forgotten it? Blush

I've tried installing inputstream adaptive manually, but no joy. I will have to leave my Windows install as 17.1 for now and keep my fingers crossed for a change to iPlayer.

Alun

See the last few posts.

In the meantime just manually install the 2.5.14 version of the addon from here:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/plu...playerwww/
(2017-05-24, 19:13)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 18:59)BetterRed Wrote: Hi all,

Alun

See the last few posts.

In the meantime just manually install the 2.5.14 version of the addon from here:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/plu...playerwww/

I have seen the last few posts, thank you. I actually read the last few pages. As I say, I will stick with 17.1 until it's resolved.

Alun
It looks like inputstream.adaptive might not be around for some time so either use the 2.5.14 version, cross your fingers you don't get infected by malicious subtitle hackers in Kodi 17.1 or go and read a book. Wink
I think CaptainT is working out what the best solution is concerning the addon.

Here is what chewitt said on github.
Quote:There are a few binary add-ons that are missing or not building correctly due to a lack of Krypton tagging from authors in repo's. inputstream.adaptive will be corrected for 17.3 release.
It's being worked on at the moment. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-05-24, 20:45)primaeval Wrote: I think CaptainT is working out what the best solution is concerning the addon.

Not sure about that, but thanks to your excellent input, I seem to have found a solution which will work for the time being.

3.0.7 is on the way to the official repo. It will remove the dependency on InputStream Adaptive. If users choose DASH as stream protocol and InputStream Adaptive is available, it will be used. However, if it is not available, the add-on will automatically reset stream protocol to HLS.

3.0.7 and 2.5.15 also fix a problem with groups in Channel Highlights.
(2017-05-24, 20:45)primaeval Wrote: It looks like inputstream.adaptive might not be around for some time so either use the 2.5.14 version, cross your fingers you don't get infected by malicious subtitle hackers in Kodi 17.1 or go and read a book. Wink
I think CaptainT is working out what the best solution is concerning the addon.

Here is what chewitt said on github.
Quote:There are a few binary add-ons that are missing or not building correctly due to a lack of Krypton tagging from authors in repo's. inputstream.adaptive will be corrected for 17.3 release.

(2017-05-24, 21:23)DarrenHill Wrote: It's being worked on at the moment. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long.

(2017-05-24, 21:25)CaptainT Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 20:45)primaeval Wrote: I think CaptainT is working out what the best solution is concerning the addon.

Not sure about that, but thanks to your excellent input, I seem to have found a solution which will work for the time being.

3.0.7 is on the way to the official repo. It will remove the dependency on InputStream Adaptive. If users choose DASH as stream protocol and InputStream Adaptive is available, it will be used. However, if it is not available, the add-on will automatically reset stream protocol to HLS.

3.0.7 and 2.5.15 also fix a problem with groups in Channel Highlights.

Thanks chaps, great work.

Alun
(2017-05-24, 09:54)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 08:54)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 12:15)primaeval Wrote: Version 3 of the addon needs the addon InputStream Adaptive to be installed and enabled before you can install or upgrade it.

Thanks for the info. It looks we need to get this InputStream Adaptive dependency fixed as soon as possible.
If you ever use subtitles you really must upgrade to Kodi 17.2 as there is a hacking vulnerability.

Is it unsafe to be using any version of Kodi pre 17.2?

Some of us have TV boxes that are stuck on Android 4.x.x and cannot upgrade to Kodi 17.2.

Is there anyway to disable the subtitle option/s so the hackers cannot get in? I don't use subtitles, but concerned say Kodi 16 may still allow the hackers in.
Simply don't use subtitles then and you're safe.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's the opening and usage of the malicious subtitle file that's the problem, not the fact that Kodi can make use of subtitle files.

Think of it as the equivalent of advice not to open suspicious attachments in emails you may receive unexpectedly or from strangers. If you don't use subtitles, you won't have Kodi downloading and opening subtitle files, so there's no risk. That's regardless of which version of Kodi you're using.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-05-25, 08:26)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 09:54)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 08:54)Jeffers24 Wrote: This option is no longer available in the Kodi 17.2 update Huh

Is it unsafe to be using any version of Kodi pre 17.2?

Some of us have TV boxes that are stuck on Android 4.x.x and cannot upgrade to Kodi 17.2.

Is there anyway to disable the subtitle option/s so the hackers cannot get in? I don't use subtitles, but concerned say Kodi 16 may still allow the hackers in.

The subtitles that come with iPlayer WWW are safe as they come straight from the BBC web site and are not in zip files.

If you are watching your own local content with subtitles files that are embedded in the video or in seperate text files (eg .srt) you are ok.

It is only if you use the subtitle addons that download content in zip files from the internet that there is a problem.
Some of the bigger subtitle providers have code to sanitize their subtitle zip files.

It is only safe to trust the subtitle providers if you use Kodi 17.2 or higher.

Kodi is inherently unsafe when you install addons.
The ones on the Kodi repo have been checked by humans but there is still no guarantee if a dev has gone rogue and hidden some malicious code.
Every addon has access to everything on your device or computer that Kodi has access to.
There is no sandboxing of addons.
Most of the devs are doing this as a hobby and can't dedicate the time to test everything that say Nasa does. Even then launches don't always go according to plan.

So you really need to be careful and treat every Kodi device as if it could be hacked.
Run Kodi as a limited system user.
Only install repos you can find some info about or just the Kodi repo.
Only connect to your local computers as a read-only user like Guest.
Don't store your bank password in a Kodi addon.

Occasionally addon devs add some malicious code to delete other addons when dev wars break out.
I haven't seen anything really dangerous happen so far but it is possible.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12