Upgrade to iOS 4.3?????
Hi there,

I have XBMC installed currently on my ATV2 and it's on iOS 4.2.1, and i'm just wondering if most of you has upgraded to iOS 4.3? Is it worth it?

I don't want to upgrade and then have problems using XBMC after.

I can backup the files then upgrade and restore the directory, is that how you guys upgraded?

Thanks.
IMHO, if you do not have a need to update to 4.3, I'd stay right where you are. If you do update, keep in mind you will need to switch to the nightly builds of xbmc.
-stoli-
Read it

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99972
stoli Wrote:IMHO, if you do not have a need to update to 4.3, I'd stay right where you are. If you do update, keep in mind you will need to switch to the nightly builds of xbmc.

but the question was: WHY you should have to update to 4.3?

most people talk about problems in ios 4.3, but WHY they did the update? there are no new features in it, are there?
Yes, there is more Airplay support.
And 5.1 surround for Netflix, which is the primary reason I want to upgrade.

Cheers,

jason
doc.horn Wrote:but the question was: WHY you should have to update to 4.3?

most people talk about problems in ios 4.3, but WHY they did the update? there are no new features in it, are there?

Best place for the answer is the atv2 iOS version history or this Apple support doc (note: Apple TV software 4.2.1 runs on iOS 4.3).
A followup question please:

Do you know if the future version of XBMC for Appletv2 will be smart enough to detect which version of iOS is running, and thusly, which version of the hardware video APIs to invoke?
toshiba1 Wrote:A followup question please:

Do you know if the future version of XBMC for Appletv2 will be smart enough to detect which version of iOS is running, and thusly, which version of the hardware video APIs to invoke?

we are doing that already, you can run nightly builds on ios < 4.3.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade to iOS 4.3?????0