How do you merge part 1 and part 2 of movies?
Or is there even a way to do this?

I have a few movies that are split into 2 files, and was wondering how do I go merging them so the play without interruption or better yet so theres not two 'Middle Men' when I'm going through my list?

So for example I want to watch:

Middle Men (2009 R 6.9) (1).avi [this file is the first 51 min of the film]
Middle Men (2009 R 6.9) (2).avi [this file is the last hour of the film]

I have more movies like this, and would like to not have doubles in my library or have to back out and play the 2nd part when watching.
I have Adobe Premiere, but I'm sure there are free editors of sorts though that would do a good enough job of putting two pieces together.
Best not too download movies that are in two parts in the first place to be honest. I always avoid them, for this very reason.
Buchanan0204 Wrote:Best not too download movies that are in two parts in the first place to be honest. I always avoid them, for this very reason.

Not a very helpful post is it? Doesn't even answer op's question.

A free alternative to Adobe is Virtual dub mod, quite simple and easy to use. Plus there are lots of gudes online on how to use it for this purpose.

Just re-read your post you can also enable stacking in xbmc so the movie will only show up as one in your list and will play both parts of the movie. To enable this go into your movie library press left to bring up the hidden side menu and there should be and option for "stack" there.
+1 on stacking. I have quite a few movies with this "issue" and it works great.
Another free option is Avidemux, just make sure that when you join the movie that everything is ok before you delete the movie just in case it goes out of sync when you join the two parts together.
ThY91 Wrote:Not a very helpful post is it? Doesn't even answer op's question.

A free alternative to Adobe is Virtual dub mod, quite simple and easy to use. Plus there are lots of gudes online on how to use it for this purpose.

Just re-read your post you can also enable stacking in xbmc so the movie will only show up as one in your list and will play both parts of the movie. To enable this go into your movie library press left to bring up the hidden side menu and there should be and option for "stack" there.

Thank you, you are awesome ser
Actually,

If your only concern is that they don't show up 2x in your XBMC library, just rename them properly:

moviename.dvdrip.xvid-scenegrp.CD1.avi
moviename.dvdrip.xvid-scenegrp.CD2.avi

I have a few movies like that in my lib, and they only show up once.

If you must merge, I recommend FORMAT FACTORY. It will take a few minutes to combine the files, and unlike other programs, itll actually keep your audio in sync. And the prog is free too. Its ridiculously easy to use, its literaly drag and drop into an option called "merge" lol.

Edit:

Just tested my 2 part movies. I have XBMC set to use MPC-HC as my default player, and as soon as the first part ends, it closes MPC-HC for a split second where I can see XBMC again, and automatically launches the CD2.avi file. Not sure what XBMC player you are using or if the default one does that or not, but its good enough for me.
Star 
For the most part I've just used HJSplit joiner tool, simple quick. But if you're worried about sync you might use multiAVCHD it has a joiner built in that cleans up the seam.
i use virtualdub. it's free, and joining two or more avi files is quite easy to do. it will join those two files for you in only a few minutes

here's a step by step guide that will show you how

Code:
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/virtualdub_join_avi.cfm
nfusion2011 Wrote:Actually,

If your only concern is that they don't show up 2x in your XBMC library, just rename them properly:

moviename.dvdrip.xvid-scenegrp.CD1.avi
moviename.dvdrip.xvid-scenegrp.CD2.avi

I have a few movies like that in my lib, and they only show up once.

If you must merge, I recommend FORMAT FACTORY. It will take a few minutes to combine the files, and unlike other programs, itll actually keep your audio in sync. And the prog is free too. Its ridiculously easy to use, its literaly drag and drop into an option called "merge" lol.

Edit:

Just tested my 2 part movies. I have XBMC set to use MPC-HC as my default player, and as soon as the first part ends, it closes MPC-HC for a split second where I can see XBMC again, and automatically launches the CD2.avi file. Not sure what XBMC player you are using or if the default one does that or not, but its good enough for me.

Use this method. Make sure the two files are in the same folder, and named EXACTLY the same (minus the cd 1 etc). I have done this with my LotR movies so that I don't have to change them. Good luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you merge part 1 and part 2 of movies?0