Occasional stutter/sync issue. Hardware should be up to the task.
I'm getting an occasional stutter/sync issues while watching movies (hd rips, haven't tried SD stuff) When I check for dropped frames. I will only have 1 throughout the length of the movie so I know the video is getting offloaded correctly to the vid card. It would happen intermittently and it won't even be consistent with high action scenes. It could just be a character walking slowly and you may see a quick pause/speed-up. It's not so major that it kills the viewing experience, but it still bugs me. What could be happening? Are there settings I should try?

I have an i3 3.0ghz build with 4gb ram and an Nvidia GT430 video card running XBMC off of an SSD hard drive so i don't think it's the hardware. However, I think the problem has gotten more apparent with the new video card. When I didn't have the GT430, I would have the occasional sync issue with high bitrate movies, but at least it would show up as dropped frames.
What are you using to monitor your frames? Are all the drivers up to date for your GPU and motherboard?

Your hardware should play HD rips no problem. What's it like when trying to play them via VLC? Does it still stutter, to actually eliminate XBMC.
Buchanan0204 Wrote:What are you using to monitor your frames? Are all the drivers up to date for your GPU and motherboard?

Your hardware should play HD rips no problem. What's it like when trying to play them via VLC? Does it still stutter, to actually eliminate XBMC.

Yep, GPU and mobo are up to date driver-wise. I hit the "O" button in XBMC to pull up the diagnostic panel. Haven't tried any other players yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Occasional stutter/sync issue. Hardware should be up to the task.0