Streaming Issue with XBMC library :(
Hi there,

I'll try and keep this short. I have an acer revo 3700 with XBMC installed on it, connected to this is an external hard drive with all my movies and tv shows on. These are in the library and have been scraped... all setup brilliantly.

I have now ran out of space on the external drive, so I started to store my BluRay rips on my main pc downstairs. I then went into "videos" on the homescreen of xbmc... added a source and typed in the network location. I was then able to access the files from the videos section and play them no problem. The problems arise when they are scraped and trying to add them to the library. It will not show the thumbnails, it does show info about the movie so it has been scraped. However when I try to play it. It claims the file does not exist and asks me if I would like to remove it from the library. I select yes, only for it too flicker and do nothing. I have to then remove the source (networked location) and then clean the library, update library... generally faff about to get it to go away.

It's absolutely fine with all my other movies on the local disc... it doesn't seem to like adding them to the library via the network.

I am running the "Night" theme... there is an HD movies section, however one of the movies out of the three I am trying to add at the moment doesn't appear in here, although it is the same format as the others.

I have tried everything and have ran out of ideas. I am very pc literate, so I have a good understanding of the workings of networking etc. However my knowledge of XBMC is pretty limited.

Thank you for any help you may offer.

Regards, Graeme

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming Issue with XBMC library :(0