[AppleTV2] Sound disappears after idling
Hi!

After idling in XBMC for say a few hours, the output of sound in XBMC just stops working (no sounds is heard when playing back videos).

If I quit XBMC to the ATV2 menu, I can hear the sound effects when navigating the menus there. I then start XBMC again, but the sound issue is still there.

In order to "fix" this, I have to reboot the device ("OK" + Menu). After the reboot, everything is back to normal, and I can play any videos in my library, and they all work just fine.

This was a minor issue, but has become more and more frequent for some reason (maybe because I've imported more and more stuff into the library lately?).

Not sure what info is helpful here for you, so just ask, and I'll provide the information as best I can.

Some basics:

XBMC version: Latest stable/official
ATV2 version: 4.1.1 (4.2.1 (8C154))
Output: HDMI 1.4 (video+sound), directly into the TV, no amplifier, or anything.
*bump*

No one? The reason I'm asking, is I didn't see this listed as a "known issue", or did I just miss it in the sticky thread?
Hi,

I'm now experiencing the same issue. Did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm running a nightly build from the middle of December 2011.

The problem is as described above. Sound works fine after a reboot but fails after the box has been idle for a while.

The standard logs contain one sound related error line which states that the Audio codec is unsupported. This can't be the case though since a reboot fixes it.

I'll enable debugging and see if I can get any more details from that.

While I'm waiting for the error to occur again does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
OK, I now have a debug log when the error occurs

http://pastebin.com/jdPp8ZE5

I can't see anything in the log that would explain the lack of sound.

At the beginning of the log (around 14:47) I play a video and it has sound as normal.

I then leave the box overnight and try another at the end of the log file (08:27) This file plays without sound. There's nothing in the log that differs between these two times that I can spot.

Rebooting the box restores working sound. I'm inclined to think that this is an ATV issue rather an XBMC one.

Does anyone else experience this issue or know any way to solve it?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Sound disappears after idling0