Question about Forward/Backward compatiblity in the Official Repo...
I noticed a lot of my addons are becoming listed as broken(Dependencies Not Met) when using XBMC compiled from Git( using commit - a8b8f5d ) I discovered changing the following line in the addon.xml:

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>

to

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
as per http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Eden_API_Changes

the Addon no longer shows as Broken. This is understandable as Eden has shifted to 'System' python. But does this mean that I need to have two submissions to the official repo's(Dharma and Eden-pre) in order for everyone to use the addon?

I ask this because I'm getting close to submitting a pull request for my script cdART Manager, which has code that allows Dharma users and Eden-pre users to have full function, so it falls in to both those repos(aside from the line above)

Also in regards to the script.module.pysqlite - I'm I right in thinking that is will soon be removed from compile time since the sqlite3 module is included in the Python versions 2.5 +?

Thanks...

Edit:

I've found the reason for the Addon to be listed as Broken, the script.module.pysqlite requires an Python API of 2.0.(since it was compiled at build time I guess)
yes, you will have to maintain two versions.
spiff Wrote:yes, you will have to maintain two versions.

Thanks for the response... Shouldn't be too difficult(I'm thinking a branch...) I already have the Eden-pre and equivalent Dharma code in separate files.
cool. we'll make an official annoucement of this soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about Forward/Backward compatiblity in the Official Repo...0