Multiple Locations for the same TV show?
I am guessing that it is not possible to have multiple locations for the same tv show.
I have a network drive that is getting full so I created a new TV SHOW folder on another drive and tried to start a new season of a show on the new drive but it wouldn't scrape.
I ended up moving the entire show to the new drive and romoving all traces of the former location from XBMC before it would scrape.
Is there a way around this?
I don't have this problem, actually. I started following a show in Season 1 and that season is on SMB source. Then I set up my Sick Beard set up on a different computer and so it started collecting Season 2 on a different drive, different computer. XBMC on a 3rd device (old ATV1) has no problem joining Season 1 and Season 2 in my TV Shows listings.

I don't think its a problem with XBMC if the TVDB info files are consistant in the two locations.

I actually tested this last night because (cough, cough) a certain show based in New Orleans just started Season 2 last night.
Well, it isn't a simple quick solution, but google for "drive pooling"-- this is a process by which the capacity of multiple hard drives are added together and treated as a single drive. For example, moving to a Network Attached Storage (NAS) system rather than having your hard drives in your HTPC itself, and using something such as windows home server or (I think) freenas or unraid will give you this ability.

While this is not something you really do too casually, it's not so hard and it is quite nice when you are through from what I understand. I am wanting to do the same--got the drives but short on the $$ for another system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Locations for the same TV show?0