Protected MP4 Audio files?
Can XBMC play iTunes protected MP4 audio files? Or does anyone know how to strip the DRM off MP4 audio files?
no we don't do drm.
spiff Wrote:no we don't do drm.

Do you know of a tool that would strip the DRM?
rm, then never buy another tune from drm'd sources. only tool i know of. works 100%
spiff Wrote:rm, then never buy another tune from drm'd sources. only tool i know of. works 100%

You got that right - I will never do that again..
preproman Wrote:You got that right - I will never do that again..

I got stung a few times with that after I bought a couple of albums from an iTunes gift card.

I just hunted around for a cheap second hand CD and ripped it to FLAC. CD ripping is still the best and only way in my eyes to get high quality music that is until 24bit FLAC downloads is common for popular music.
crooksy Wrote:I got stung a few times with that after I bought a couple of albums from an iTunes gift card.

I just hunted around for a cheap second hand CD and ripped it to FLAC. CD ripping is still the best and only way in my eyes to get high quality music that is until 24bit FLAC downloads is common for popular music.

crooksy,

What did you use to burn it to the CD in the first place? WMC won't even read the file.
preproman Wrote:crooksy,

What did you use to burn it to the CD in the first place? WMC won't even read the file.
I didn't burn it to CD, I ended up buying second hand cds (for $2 each) of the same albums and ripped them instead.

In iTunes you can burn as an audio CD and then rip the CD outside of iTunes using something like DBPowerAmp or EAC.
crooksy Wrote:I didn't burn it to CD, I ended up buying second hand cds (for $2 each) of the same albums and ripped them instead.

In iTunes you can burn as an audio CD and then rip the CD outside of iTunes using something like DBPowerAmp or EAC.

Say What $2 CD's - Where? Hook me up..

Thanks, I'll try DBPowerAmp in the meantime.
preproman Wrote:Say What $2 CD's - Where? Hook me up..

Thanks, I'll try DBPowerAmp in the meantime.

Just keep an eye out on Amazon, I've got loads of CDs that I bought used from Amazon and if you don't mind a few with some scratches or missing covers then you can pick them up for as little as a penny!!

The beauty of EAC and DBPowerAmp is that it will fix minor imperfections in the audio if the CD has slight scratches.
preproman Wrote:[...]Or does anyone know how to strip the DRM off MP4 audio files?

http://www.iskysoft.com/article/remove-d...tunes.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Protected MP4 Audio files?0