New Repository Help
the addonsxmlgenerator.py thing gets its info from scraping the addon.xml of every addon, it can't do this if there are none avaliable (i don't think it can read inside zips, although it could be modded to do that...). and AFAIK, it will only work if it is in the same directory where the addons are stored (put it in /repo, and change the paths in your repofile to match)

Eldorado Wrote:Actually yours was one of the repo's I was curious about, as to why you use git for your source yet use google code for the repository?

because googlecode is where i like to distribute stuff from, and only commit to if i want to release stuff (i also let other people host their addons there), i've also got a gui svn committer that allows me to throw out releases very quickly. i also host a wiki and issue tracker stuff there

whereas i like to keep my git dev repos clean and only contain dev code, because i get confused otherwise.

plus, i also don't want my github dev repo's bandwidth screwed up by people constantly checking out from it. also github offer limited space

and everone knows git is miles better than svn! :p i only use SVN for the very basic http serving that an xbmc repo needs.

PS. you are quite welcome to distribute your addons on anarchintosh-projects, i'll give you owner access
anarchintosh Wrote:the addonsxmlgenerator.py thing gets its info from scraping the addon.xml of every addon, it can't do this if there are none avaliable (i don't think it can read inside zips, although it could be modded to do that...). and AFAIK, it will only work if it is in the same directory where the addons are stored (put it in /repo, and change the paths in your repofile to match)

Oh I see what you are saying, the way my repo is setup is I have folder structures for my addons off the root - unzipped, which contain a addon.xml for each

Then I have a /repo folder which contains the zips, I've pointed my repository xml to this folder as being the data dir - it looks here when a user selects to install

When I want to do a new release I run the generator in the root folder then create a new zip of whichever addon folder I'm updating and place it into the /repo folder

Loadup GitGUI and commit/push..done

anarchintosh Wrote:PS. you are quite welcome to distribute your addons on anarchintosh-projects, i'll give you owner access

Thanks! So far I'm really just learning it all, writing addons and now how to setup a repository.. nice to have this now to make developing and debugging easier between multiple pc's

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Repository Help0