• 36(current)
[RELEASE] ustvnow
It works on Windows 8.1 but NOT on Linux (Mint/Cinnamon) on my Yoga 2 Pro... Would love to get it going.
(2015-05-11, 18:42)venik212 Wrote: It works on Windows 8.1 but NOT on Linux (Mint/Cinnamon) on my Yoga 2 Pro... Would love to get it going.

Same problem here. ustvnow does not work on Ubuntu. I tried it on two different computers.
(2015-05-11, 18:42)venik212 Wrote: It works on Windows 8.1 but NOT on Linux (Mint/Cinnamon) on my Yoga 2 Pro... Would love to get it going.

I got it working. The fix is very simple. First I read the log files, then I searched and found this post with the solution:

The solution is just this:

Code:
sudo apt-get install librtmp1
For over a week USTVNOW plays any channel for 10 seconds and stops. Device is NUC with OE and KODI 14.2
Same user/password plays fine on windows 8.1

Any ideas how to fix ?

Update: Today it stopped to even start playing both on KODI and the regular web site via browser.
(2015-07-01, 15:04)danik56 Wrote: For over a week USTVNOW plays any channel for 10 seconds and stops. Device is NUC with OE and KODI 14.2

Any ideas how to fix ?

Update: Today it stopped to even start playing both on KODI and the regular web site via browser.

The "10 seconds and stops" thing sounds like a free account that expired, so you would have to downgrade the resolution to the low settings to keep it working.

There has been a lot of buffering and complete signal loss with USTVNOW lately, so they are apparently having some issues on the server end, and hopefully the fact that they are completely offline today is an indication that they are doing some upgrades and/or maintenance on their servers.
(2015-07-01, 20:37)Nostrodamus Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 15:04)danik56 Wrote: For over a week USTVNOW plays any channel for 10 seconds and stops. Device is NUC with OE and KODI 14.2

Any ideas how to fix ?

The "10 seconds and stops" thing sounds like a free account that expired, so you would have to downgrade the resolution to the low settings to keep it working.

There has been a lot of buffering and complete signal loss with USTVNOW lately, so they are apparently having some issues on the server end, and hopefully the fact that they are completely offline today is an indication that they are doing some upgrades and/or maintenance on their servers.

Can't be an expired account as I tried to register with a new email address and it still happened. We'll see what happens when they come back online.
Im having problems with fox in particular. 17 minutes then it free es the stream and i jave to wait till it exits then i can reenter. Looks a bit like a biffer but why ? Its all those channels on ustvnow. I can stream a HD movie from elsewhere just fine.
I can't even get on the website period, it's like my Internet block it's site or something, If I turn my WiFi off and use my Mobile data I'm able to get on the site and login. As soon as I turn WiFi back on, I can't even access their website, no matter what device I try with. I emailed them, and they are completely clueless, keep telling me I have a free account and it is good for only 45 days, I said I know, and that I'm only using for locals at lower resolution, but I said I can't even access the website period. Amazing when they don't read emails, LOL.

Could it be that Comcast blocked that site ?? It use to work before with no issues.
Try going to USTVNow through a proxy site, something like anonymouse.org. It wouldn't surprise me. Comcast certainly likes blocking any site that could potentially compete w/ their service / or that may possibly offer any of their studio's content. I prefer to have a slower connection w/ Qwest rather than ever deal w/ them.
This addon is no longer pulling the channel list for USTVNow. I have tried on multiple Kodi devices with a known active account. It works on the web browser just fine. Is it possible that it changed from lv2.ustvnow.com to a different URL and needs to be updated?
Maybe ustvnow dropped rtmpHuh I got kodi working with the m3u8 , but I had to go to the web site and pull them , takes a while to do. Then If you have to do it again tomorow, it will be stupid. I dont know how to pull all the m3u8 from ustvnow.
Learningit - As I brought to your attention offline, if you have any time looking at this, the program will need updating on two parts:
1. for the default.py to work with how USTVNOW's iphone streaming calls (you might not be able to do anything about it, as this could be on USTVNOW's side to fix)
2. epg.txt calls for zap2it's EPG information, zap2it has updated their sites, therefore, the epg URLs can no longer be found, have you figured out a way to recreate those EPGs?

I love the simplicity of this program and use it everyday; been missing it since it stopped working two days ago.

(2015-04-28, 01:15)learningit Wrote:
(2015-04-26, 14:25)mobarton Wrote: for the uschannels script, the stream quality doesn't work. Any chance of fixing it?

BTW, excellent plugin.

Thanks.
This should fix the bitrate selection and adds the PageUp / PageDown buttons for use on a tablet.
Version 1.0.8 in my git: https://github.com/learningit/script.USChannels/
Thanks for the update and clarifications, Learningit.
I am sorry to hear your program was (again) abused

Read in the other thread that USTVNOW is back, now I just have to find an EPG to work with it.

(2015-07-09, 18:56)learningit Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 17:46)springroll Wrote: Learningit - As I brought to your attention offline, if you have any time looking at this, the program will need updating on two parts:
1. for the default.py to work with how USTVNOW's iphone streaming calls (you might not be able to do anything about it, as this could be on USTVNOW's side to fix)
2. epg.txt calls for zap2it's EPG information, zap2it has updated their sites, therefore, the epg URLs can no longer be found, have you figured out a way to recreate those EPGs?

I love the simplicity of this program and use it everyday; been missing it since it stopped working two days ago.

I assume that this question is about script.USChannels and not the original addon,
1)The ustvnow website appears to be blocked for US IPs. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like. It doesn't appear to be ISP based, as I've tried a couple different ones.
2) zap2it has changed their API, so it is unlikely that this will work, as is, again. I'm not terribly interested in scraping the zap2it pages - support will be a horror.

The USChannels script was a one off, very crappy program. I don't have the intention of releasing future versions with the loss of zap2it. I have a strong feeling that API was severely abused as I have seen other addons which made use of the code I wrote but made enormous requests instead of breaking them up. It probably put quite a load on the servers.
I see that Food Network is listed in the addon but does not work... Anyone know if they are adding it?
Can someone please tell me how to get guidedata for PseudoTV Live working? The dropbox link has expired so the aforementioned solution no longer works.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ustvnow4