Micro ATX HTPC
Hey guys, just registered, but I've been reading the forum threads for weeks. Need some advice on this build. I want to stream hi-def 1080p video (mkv), music (flac&mp3) and do some gaming. I tried to do my research, but if there's something wrong or that I could do better please let me know. I have never built a computer so please be easy on me. It's basically a juiced up eskro build. Here's the set up:

[case] MonCaso 320B Micro ATX Media Center
[psu] CORSAIR Builder Series CX430
[cpu] Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz
[mobo] ASRock H67M (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
[gpu] ASUS ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP) GeForce GT 430
[ssd] Corsair Force Series CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT-A 2.5" 60GB SATA II
[ram] CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
[hdd] Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB
[opd] SAMSUNG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-/+R 48X CD-ROM SATA
[os] Windows 7 ultimate
The system will run to a Integra DTR-40.2 for the HD audio and a Samsung 50" plasma.
I want the system to possibly do 3D now or later.
Thanks in advance.
Looks solid with one exception. The GT430 is Perfect for HTPC uses including watching 3D blu-rays but it might fall short when gaming. Again this depends on which games you plan on running on your HTPC.
You can get yourself a good impression on what this GPU is capable of in this review by Anandtech.

Planning on something similiar due to the fact that the GPU is supported in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Pretty power efficient too!

Maybe a PicoPSU could be useful, I've read they are pretty power efficient compared to regular PSUs but again I have no knowledge about PSUs, so don't take my word ^^

Oh and thats one slick Case... Yummy Wink
Thanks for the advice, I'll check into a different power supply and maybe a GPU. I don't plan on any "heavy gaming". Will the included remote work or is there a better alternative with that box running XBMC? Any thoughts on a keyboard and mouse setup? Does anyone see any problems with hardware fitting in that box? Back to the googling.
Would this power supply fair any better for this build.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817139028
Hi everybody, I finally got this machine built but I can't get the ac3 dts pass thru to work. I can get the 2 channel to work but I keep getting "failed to initiate audio device" when I try the pass-thru. I'm pretty sure I have everything right in settings. Did a search but didn't come up with anything relevant. Can some maybe point me in the right direction. Or is this not possible with this set up. I'm using Aeonmq2 by the way. Any suggestions would be great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Micro ATX HTPC0