Help! Possibly bricked my ATV2?
Today I tried to reset the ATV2, by holding menu and select together, and now it's 'stuck'. All I can see is front row, and it doesn't respond to any button presses. I've tried taking out the power and rebooting, but it just gets stuck on front row.

I can ssh and putty in still, but not sure what to do? Anyone got any suggestions??
Nibbsy Wrote:Today I tried to reset the ATV2, by holding menu and select together, and now it's 'stuck'. All I can see is front row, and it doesn't respond to any button presses. I've tried taking out the power and rebooting, but it just gets stuck on front row.

I can ssh and putty in still, but not sure what to do? Anyone got any suggestions??

If you can ssh try the command

# killall AppleTV

Regards,
Cheers Romster. Yeah I can ssh and I've tried that command, it just resets and still gets stuck in front row. I've also tried the commands 'reboot' and 'killall -9 AppleTV' but still no luck.

Anything else I can do? I'm running 4.2.1 with greenpoison if it helps?
re-jail break maybe.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:re-jail break maybe.

Yeah I thought that might be the answer. Will I be able to just run green poison again or would I need to upgrade to 3.1 then jailbreak?
I know it will sound really stupid, but I've gotten myself into a similar situation a while ago. everything seemed fine, but I couldnt do anything in frontrow (SSH was working).
Turned out to be the battery on the remote went dead... Since it's a plain CMOS PC battery, I've plugged it in to my gigabyte motherboard to let it recharge a bit and then plugged it back to the remote, and waddya know?
Duduke Wrote:I know it will sound really stupid, but I've gotten myself into a similar situation a while ago. everything seemed fine, but I couldnt do anything in frontrow (SSH was working).
Turned out to be the battery on the remote went dead... Since it's a plain CMOS PC battery, I've plugged it in to my gigabyte motherboard to let it recharge a bit and then plugged it back to the remote, and waddya know?

Yes this was it. Not the battery though, somehow the remote had become unpaired. I just used the iPhone remote app to unpair the remote, then re-paired and it seems to be fine now. Weird. Cheers for all the replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! Possibly bricked my ATV2?0