ImageByname Actor Thumbs in local folder?
Thumbs Up 
Hi All

I am going away from Mediabrowser and I am in the midle of converting all my data to XBMC standard. Nod

But I am missing one thing from MCE Media Browser.
The Imagebyname project did a great work collecting Actor Thumbs in nice quality and same size you can download the full package.

http://code.google.com/p/imagesbyname/downloads/list

1)Is there anyway to use them in XBMC? (I also have country specific actors with thumbs that IMDB dosent have!!!

I am using a Crusial SSD and have plenty of room so would love to have these locally speeding up when browsing Actors in Thumb view?
And ideally XBMC would just add a new Actor to the same "Actor" directory?

I did a search and the only thing I could find was from 2009 about this:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/3375...a31cace9b7

2) I am new to XBMC (Last time I used it was for the old XBOX) so any settings that helps getting the best user experience and speed is most welcome!

3)Also even with a lightning speed SSD I get loading delay in fast coverflow, is there anyway to cash these to memory? or would I need to create a RAM drive for this?

Thanks & Regards
Casperse
Hmmm I found something about a path defined in the nfo file but I cant get it working any help?

I just downloaded the last Imagebyname file... 14.587 Folders with actor Thumbs! (-;
But no way to use them in XBMC.....
Cant get this to work!!

http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/t940-actor-thumbs-in-xbmc

If I can have them locally them How can I define the scraper to get them and keep my local NFO, TBN etc...?
The only way i can think of is to
1) Rename all actor thumbs from folder to say Clint_Eastwood.tbn
All spaces must be replaced wit an underscore.
2) export your library to a single file in this folder
3) Copy all your new renamed actor thumbs into the actors folder inside the library you just exported
4) Re Import
This will overwrite your existing actor thumbs. the other way is to bring up the whole list of actors in xbmc and change each actor thumbs one by one via the context menu.

Does any one know of a good app for windows that takes the folder name and adds it to the file within the folder, as this would save weeks of renaming. Sad
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thumbs Up 
If I rename all of them and the extensions to your aboveSmile format tbn and "_"
(I can do that quickly writing a BAT file)

And then place them all in a ".actor" folder is there then any toool that could update my NFO file with actors with a link to the ".actor" folder locally on my XBMC box?

Thanks for your input!
Make any headway on this? I'm very interested if this can work.
Question 
NO... I need some help from people who have this working...Nerd

I have all the local folders....
How should I either scrabe the actors to a local folder or modify the NFO to point in the right dir? (Any meta data tool etc?)

Or is this just the only thing that MCE Media Browser can do that the XBMC cant do? )-;

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ImageByname Actor Thumbs in local folder?0