Problems installing xbmc
Hi guys

I have 3 atv2 which I jailbreaked with greenposion rc6.1 I have nito in the menu, when I select nito then I go down to install xbmc it seems to install but then it quits to main menu but no xbmc, I have checked the atv software and it's 4.1.1. Is there a step I'm missing.

Paul Rolleyes
Paulkai Wrote:Hi guys

I have 3 atv2 which I jailbreaked with greenposion rc6.1 I have nito in the menu, when I select nito then I go down to install xbmc it seems to install but then it quits to main menu but no xbmc, I have checked the atv software and it's 4.1.1. Is there a step I'm missing.

Paul Rolleyes

I'd ssh into your atv2 and run
Code:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
... then try to install again (your packages might just be outdated. If that doesn't work I'd manually install XBMC from the command line according to the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...for_iOS.3F
Thanks for the quick reply I updated nito then tried to reinstall xbmc it failed with this Warning following can not be authenticated org.xbm.xbmc-seatbeltunlock org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2. Then tried it again and it installed. Just about to try the other atv2 will try your mentod if it fails

Paul
Paulkai Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply I updated nito then tried to reinstall xbmc it failed with this Warning following can not be authenticated org.xbm.xbmc-seatbeltunlock org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2. Then tried it again and it installed. Just about to try the other atv2 will try your mentod if it fails

Paul

Ah, ya the seatbeltunlock one has been seen before. Search around for that in the forums and you'll find some fixes (e.g. apt-get -f install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2)... if you end up needing them.
jd2157 Wrote:[...] Search around for that in the forums and you'll find some fixes [...]

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=766...stcount=22
Thanks Guys

However I tried to upgrade nito install after it did this it rebooted and now I have a blank screen on my two atvs, I can't ssh in as I can't see anything I will have to restore it in iTunes but if I do this will it keep the original software if not how do I downgrade??

Paul
Well, I don't want this thread to veer too much into Jailbreaking because doing so will mean the thread (rightly) gets moved to the off-topic section. So I'll keep this information brief so that the focus remains on installation of XBMC, as this thread has some useful information on that subject and it'd be good to keep that info in this forum.

Apparently Apple are still signing older firmware, and you'll find more info on that in this thread that was moved yesterday.
And in the future make sure you backup your SHSH blobs. This will mean that you'll always be able to downgrade if required to in the future. Its quite easy to Google for info on this. The thing that you're looking for info on is TinyUmbrella.

For any jailbreak help beyond that then I'd suggest that you check out Google or a jailbreak forum, or even have a look through the off-topic forum here on the XBMC forums. Please don't discuss it any further in this thread.

If you have any more problems with installing XBMC itself then come back to this thread and we'll try and help you out

Good Luck!
Thank you for your help will have a look at that thread

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems installing xbmc0