• 4(current)
Remote working but no library
the_alien Wrote:Are you both using the name instead of the IP?

Could you try using the IP? As I see it there are 2 different gingerbread bugs. 1 is that the InputStream crashes and the other one is that the dns lookup isn't working.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Gingerbread) and I can confirm that using the IP does not work.
the_alien Wrote:*sigh* this bug is driving me crazy. I can't reproduce it...

Does the app use more ports than the standard (80/8080)?
the_alien Wrote:Are you both using the name instead of the IP?

Could you try using the IP? As I see it there are 2 different gingerbread bugs. 1 is that the InputStream crashes and the other one is that the dns lookup isn't working.

I was using IP (192.168.1.134 in the log is my XBMC machine)
Ahhh, I think I missed an InputStream for cover downloading. Will do another build this week.

Are you all using nightly builds? Or 10.1 stable?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:Ahhh, I think I missed an InputStream for cover downloading. Will do another build this week.

I'm using the stable one
the_alien Wrote:Ahhh, I think I missed an InputStream for cover downloading. Will do another build this week.

You might be on to something there. As I said earlier, on the first try I as far as opening a movie item, but I got an error. At that time, I didn't see the cover yet, though it displayed the frame where the cover should have been in.
I'm using stable.
Maybe this will help:

I installed a nightly build just to see if it would help. Then the XBMC Remote started working perfectly, until I restarted XBMC. Now it's completely dead again
The problem might go away with newer Android builds according to the google code page mentioned earlier: "Fixed by change 9fa7c4cd4a619236db70aefab8da3abafb065bca"
Any news on a new build that we can use? The fixes in the ASOP code take a while to hit the ROMs most people are using.
Gingervillain 2.7 here, library back to normal. Update your ROM, guys.
Thanks for the support, the_alien
RaZoR1985 Wrote:Gingervillain 2.7 here, library back to normal. Update your ROM, guys.
Thanks for the support, the_alien

I am also running Gingervillian 2.7, but i have the same problems as before. Did you test it long enough?
CodeItAway Wrote:I am also running Gingervillian 2.7, but i have the same problems as before. Did you test it long enough?
Same here, GingerVillian 2.7 - nothing works.
Mosterblaster Wrote:Same here, GingerVillian 2.7 - nothing works.

gingerbread 2.3.3 and same problem :\
but is there any solution in the horizon for this problem?Confused
Using CM 7.0.3 and I'm having this as well. Remote works fine, even got XBMC to boot via "Power On", but I cannot see my libraries. Works fine on my friends Thunderbolt running 2.2. Has to be a 2.3 issue. I'd be willing to test or whatever you need.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote working but no library0