• 2(current)
Remote working but no library
Same problem here.
Nexus one on Android 2.3.4 (stock)
10.1 Git:Unknown
Mar 9 2011
I am using a SGS with 2.2.1 custom and I do not have this problem. Must be GB related.
just tried with my wife's 2.1 (android) same xbmc configuration of two posts up of course, and it works. So it's android 2.3 related problem.

But what?
Can xbmc team go further?

Tnx
I'm not having this issue on CM7 with Android 2.3.3...
Does reinstalling the remote app help?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
It's the same, even if you reinstall it, or the program is on the phone or on the sd. It's always the same.
No, after reinstall the problem returns.
When i start the program, I get the options "Remote Control, Connect and Power On". When I press the connect button, the lower right part switches over to "reconnecting" for about a second, and then tell me to "check settings and retry".
If I try long enough to reconnect, eventually I'll get it connected to the library, with all the normal options (Music, Movies, etc.) When I open the library itself, it tells me "No movies found". If I keep trying, I'm going to get to see the contents of the library eventually (after a few dozen tries). On opening a movie to get the description from the library, I get an application crash. I've refered to this post in the feedback of the crash report, so you guys should get the crash report.

During all of this, I never get a notification on xbmc that my android device is connected. This only happens when I use the remote part of the program. I hope you can get something out of the crash report.
I am using CyanogenMod-7.0.3.1-Supersonic and I am having the same problem. I backed up my CyanogenMod image and restored my rooted stock HTC froyo rom and xbmc remote worked fine, so I backed up the file with titanium backup and then restored my cyanogenmod image and then restored the HTC froyo xbmc remote backup with titanium backup and the same issue. All I have is the remote functions, none of the library functions work in cyanogenmod. Seems to be a gingerbread issue.
Are you using the IP or the hostname to connect? It seems to be host lookup related.
I have the same problems. Remote is working fine, library will sometimes connect, but will disconnect soon after that.

I've tried to connect using IP, hostname and external hostname. All produce the same problem. I've seen the reports of users that can connect after entering a host name, or connecting over 3G, but i can't confirm that.
Please post the android log.
The same problem here, remote works, database not.

HTC Desire, GingerVillain 2.4 (cyanogenmod based) GingerBread 2.3.4/cm7
AppleTV2 latest XBMC
HTTP request return: PRE-11.0 Git:20110418-e113cff Apr 17 2011

How to log xbmc remotes debug output ?

Ciao
Mosterblaster
This is me firing up the app , opening a few sections (Movies, TV series, etc), and getting the "no movies" notification. After a few attempts sections are gone and the "connect" option becomes visible. The last thing I did was using the remote part of the app, which worked as usual.

link
Mosterblaster Wrote:The same problem here, remote works, database not.

HTC Desire, GingerVillain 2.4 (cyanogenmod based) GingerBread 2.3.4/cm7
AppleTV2 latest XBMC
HTTP request return: PRE-11.0 Git:20110418-e113cff Apr 17 2011

How to log xbmc remotes debug output ?

Ciao
Mosterblaster

See the FAQs.
the_alien Wrote:Please post the android log.

Here are the logs for a session where i can connect, but when i hit tv shows->Deadliest Catch->Season x, there is an empty listing. Going back and reselecting the same season does list the episodes. After a while i get disconnected and need to reconnect.
http://pastebin.com/AJdTz00D

From looking at it i suppose this can be the solution: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/...d=14562#c9

Another strange thing: When i am playing something with XBMC i constantly get notifications like ''Playing xyz".
If you need more logs or logs from the nofications please let me know. Thanks for your time.
Thanks! Will have a closer look at it this weekend.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote working but no library0