Install XBMC without the installer?
I have a computer with no admin rights, and I would like to install XBMC.

Is there a way to just copy over some files and run, without the installer?

Thanks.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Yes, just copy the C:\Program Files\XBMC into any directory you can write into. You could even copy it onto your desktop. Create a shortcut to XBMC.exe and it should run.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Yes, just copy the C:\Program Files\XBMC into any directory you can write into. You could even copy it onto your desktop. Create a shortcut to XBMC.exe and it should run.

JR

Ok, great. BUT, don't think there is MS visual c++ either.. =( but I will try..

/Söder
You should be able to copy the required msvcrt*.dll into the XBMC folder. The VC library us usually copied to \windows\system32, but it doesn't have to be. With a bit of luck the xbmc log will tell you which library is missing.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You should be able to copy the required msvcrt*.dll into the XBMC folder. The VC library us usually copied to \windows\system32, but it doesn't have to be. With a bit of luck the xbmc log will tell you which library is missing.

JR

It say's d3dx9_43.dll is missing.

/Söder
soder Wrote:It say's d3dx9_43.dll is missing.

/Söder

Ah, you may be able to copy the dll (e.g. from some other PC with XBMC) but I suspect you're going to have to run the Microsoft DirectX installer and you won't be able to do this without admin privilege.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install XBMC without the installer?0