atv2 xbmc mysql dns-323 Help!
I'm new to this site but i need some help trying to configure mysql on the dlink dns-323.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section.

I've followed the instruction from this link to install mysql on the dns323 it all seems to work fine internally but when i try to connect to the database to test I get a failure to connect.

I'm just trying to have a shared database for XBMC with 3 ATV2 on the dns323

http://nas-tweaks.net/96/installation-an...-fun_plug/

BTW i do have it mysql running on a windows box and it all works. but i'd love to have its just running on DNS-323
Anyone get this working? I am actually having trouble with windows mySQL. I copy the advancedsettings.xml and when I boot the apple tv it freezes on the xbmc boot screen. I have tried both the 32 and 64 bit mySQL on my 64 bit system and no luck. Sorry I am such a noob but trying to learn.
Need logs
Hi did you follow the section for allowing external access?
Quote:Allowing external access

Per default external access is not allowed as this is a security risk. But many tools like HeidiSQL or other external administrator-programs rely on access from the outside of your NAS.

Caution: You should explicitly check the rights of your users! All MySQL-users should have passwords!

First follow the section on “running mysql under a user with limited rights“, then follow these instructions:

Stop the mysql-server:

sh /ffp/start/mysqld.sh stop
Edit /ffp/etc/my.cnf and add a comment to the line skip-networking, so that it looks like this:

#skip-networking
Image Don't even think about my mother!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atv2 xbmc mysql dns-323 Help!0