new to XBMC, some basic questions
apologize, tried to search and didn't find anything, really hate to be THAT guy asking the stupid questions.

Feel free to link me somewhere, call me dumb, etc Smile

okay, so I setup xbmc last night, was using mediabrowser with windows media center and mpc-hc as the external player which while finally working good, was quite a hassle.

all of my material is 23.97fps so I set xbmc to autoswith refresh rates. is there any way to see what refresh rate its using without enabling debugging? I saw you can hit Z but that just shows whatever my normal rate is. I also noticed when I enable debugging that it changes from 60hz to 24 hz regardless of whether I have autochange enabled or not. not sure if that is a bug.

and also is there anyway to display stats like mpc-hc has to see if you are getting jitter or anything like that and make sure its not stuttering?

also is there any reason a movie would not show up in library mode but shows up in file mode? i have one movie that just won't show up when I put in library mode. in file mode it shows up, it has the picture when I click on it, so kind of weird.

And finally, in media browser, you click on the title, then it gives you the info about actors, plot etc, in xbmc, it seems I have to right click the title and go to movie info? is there any other way to do this?

oh and I guess last, does aeon not support mouse commands at all? I tried installing, but all I have is mouse right now and that was a disaster.
Star 
I come from about the same background, used to run mediabrowser with windows media center and mpc-hc as the external player which was quite a hassle, buggy and at one point it let me down... last straw. Once over a few hurdles... XBMC is just worth it.

Hit the 'O' on the keyboard while playing a film.. you'll find most of your answers there. I'm not sure how the fps is determined and if it's controllable.

A movie shows up in file mode, because it's there... it doesn't show up in library mode because it hasn't been scraped in yet.. or has another name (scraped improperly) or in general the system doesn't know about it yet. The cover image shows up when an image is in the folder... and called folder.jpg or movie.tbn but it doesn't mean it's scraped yet. A lot of .nfo files from other systems are incompatible with XBMC and extraneous data in folders can stall the scrape.

Depends on the skin and your settings... everything is geared to be displayed in one form or another using library mode. Some settings will display more information than others.... just a matter or trying different combinations. A few skins have options after you click on the selected target to either play the film, or show more info. I'm using the skin Transparency! and the settings allow this option along with a great mouse set-up. Alias a lot of skins like Aeon are more remote friendly.
I got the xbmc remote working, so that makes things easier, I had used media center master so I guess its probably showing the stuff from there. i'll have to check on the scraping.

I did hit the O key, but what i'm really after is something saying, here is the screen refresh rate, here is the movie fps, here is what is happening between them, mpc-hc had this very easily.

EDIT: the movie thats misssing isn't in the movie db, its on IMDB, does it not check there?

PatK Wrote:I come from about the same background, used to run mediabrowser with windows media center and mpc-hc as the external player which was quite a hassle, buggy and at one point it let me down... last straw. Once over a few hurdles... XBMC is just worth it.

Hit the 'O' on the keyboard while playing a film.. you'll find most of your answers there. I'm not sure how the fps is determined and if it's controllable.

A movie shows up in file mode, because it's there... it doesn't show up in library mode because it hasn't been scraped in yet.. or has another name (scraped improperly) or in general the system doesn't know about it yet. The cover image shows up when an image is in the folder... and called folder.jpg or movie.tbn but it doesn't mean it's scraped yet. A lot of .nfo files from other systems are incompatible with XBMC and extraneous data in folders can stall the scrape.

Depends on the skin and your settings... everything is geared to be displayed in one form or another using library mode. Some settings will display more information than others.... just a matter or trying different combinations. A few skins have options after you click on the selected target to either play the film, or show more info. I'm using the skin Transparency! and the settings allow this option along with a great mouse set-up. Alias a lot of skins like Aeon are more remote friendly.
It shouldn't switch refresh rate if you disable that option and no you cant see refresh rate in XBMC doesn't your screen have an option to display current refresh rate being used

The default scraper in XBMC is TMDb if you want to scrape with IMDb you will need to download it from addons then go to "Set Content" on the source the movie is in and change the scraper to IMDB
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:It shouldn't switch refresh rate if you disable that option and no you cant see refresh rate in XBMC doesn't your screen have an option to display current refresh rate being used

The default scraper in XBMC is TMDb if you want to scrape with IMDb you will need to download it from addons then go to "Set Content" on the source the movie is in and change the scraper to IMDB

beats me, I have a panasonic p50x1 tv, would have no idea where the refresh rate would display. don't know if it would be somewhere else.

I did download the imdb addon. but i can't figure out where to find the scrapers again.
robl45 Wrote:I did download the imdb addon. but i can't figure out where to find the scrapers again.

Using Confluence with "Videos" highlighted in the main menu hit right arrow on your keyboard/remote and select "files", highlight the source the movie is in press "C" and choose "set content" you can then change to the IMDb scraper on that source
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
thanks, I think I got it. I guess its better to use IMDB?

so does it autoscan on new content? or do I have to scan when I put new movie in? I see something that says autoscan, but it seems to just be a one time thing.
It will only scan once using that option your find another option in settings > video to "Update Library on startup" in addition to the other ways in the post below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=783346&postcount=2
i sorta got it working, but i had to rename the files, even though the folder names are correct and mediabrowser worked fine off the folder names, I even checked use folder names and still it uses the file.
As always, don't try and guess what XBMC is doing, turn on the debug log and it will tell you what it's doing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well now the problem is, I'm getting 2 movies showing up twice in the library. so I guess I just rename the files. its definately on use folders now but I had to rename the file names so that it would pick up the right movie names. like the roommate is the roommate 2011 for folder name. media browser picks it up no problem. but the file name was RX so it was picking it up as some 1983 movie called XTRO. similar for Big momma's house 3. it was picking it up as big momma because that is what the file was named.
XBMC does not use the filename if you have "Use foldernames" enabled when you scan.

Ofcourse, it may well be that you've changed it since you scanned and the original scan was done without that option enabled, whereby the filename would have been used.

Without seeing your exact file layout and a debug log, however, it's all guesswork.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i have a debug log, can't see how to attach it. its basically making all movies go in twice now, it is using the folder name at this point because I renamed one of the files to check and it did get it from the folder. but it has one entry normal and one entry at mp1 on most of them.
Assuming you haven't actually changed the path to your movies, then that should definitely not occur. If you have changed the path, then a clean library will fix it, assuming the old paths are not valid. If there's 2 different paths that point to the same file, then removing your video database is the fastest way to do things.

We recommend using pastebin for the debug log btw.

No path change. I've cleaned the library, and tried with default and imdb scrapers. I turned off folder scanning and now it's normal, I'll try to get a log file when I figure out how

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new to XBMC, some basic questions0