[RELEASE] DESI TV Video Add-on - Desi MOVIES & TV Shows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ajay Offline
Donor
Hi,

Had fun with FilmiCity add-on, here is another source of good Indian TV Shows and Movies.

Download XBMC add-on Desi TV.
[Image: icon.jpg]

Features:
  • Daily TV Shows Videos.
  • High Quality Movie Links.
  • PLaylist of multiple videos to watch all together.
  • Download Videos and Watch Later.

As I always say, I would definitely want to entertain you guys with more and more good stuff which you could able to see on Apple TV 2 using XBMC. But this could only be possible if you support me through a small donation: http://code.google.com/p/apple-tv2-xbmc/

Cheers,
AJ
My Repo link: http://code.google.com/p/apple-tv2-xbmc/
(This post was last modified: 2011-05-01 19:18 by ajay.)
find quote
activate Offline
Fan
Thanks aj, its not showing up under the repo.

Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

find quote
activate Offline
Fan
The addon is coming up through the mac. Somethings a miss on the atv2, I might run permissions or reinstall the rep to see. Prob something to do with my config.

Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

find quote
srinib4u Offline
The add on work is pretty neat, but the IPL add on doesnt work. same with the rest!!!!! any help?
find quote
ajay Offline
Donor
activate Wrote:The addon is coming up through the mac. Somethings a miss on the atv2, I might run permissions or reinstall the rep to see. Prob something to do with my config.

There is no problem with your apple tv2. Under System --> Add-ons, press menu on my repo name. Then press "check for updates", after this it should show up.
find quote
ajay Offline
Donor
srinib4u Wrote:The add on work is pretty neat, but the IPL add on doesnt work. same with the rest!!!!! any help?

At what step, you are getting problems? Could you please send the problem errors.
find quote
activate Offline
Fan
Hey aj, thanks it seems to have done the trick, I'll give it a shot now. Mate us there any way we can reduce or at least minimize the number of submenus. Thisbis in reference to most of the add ons. Eg. When I click on single link (nova) why does it show up again to click on. Just some feedback for you dude, I've introduced XBMC and your rep to a few of my friends and this is one of the things they are mentioned.

Also as far as the movie links go under this addon and their quality and reliability goes, I know that for example the movies on veoh.com as well as youku.com are better quality than movshare, daily motion etc. Also sominal theaters on you tube is prob the best I've found as far as Bollywood movies go. An interface that extracted those links would be great. I was having a look at it on the YouTube add on but since sominal tv use links with annotations, the add on is unable to process it as a browser would, for the moment anyway.

find quote
ajay Offline
Donor
activate Wrote:Hey aj, thanks it seems to have done the trick, I'll give it a shot now. Mate us there any way we can reduce or at least minimize the number of submenus. Thisbis in reference to most of the add ons. Eg. When I click on single link (nova) why does it show up again to click on. Just some feedback for you dude, I've introduced XBMC and your rep to a few of my friends and this is one of the things they are mentioned.

Also as far as the movie links go under this addon and their quality and reliability goes, I know that for example the movies on veoh.com as well as youku.com are better quality than movshare, daily motion etc. Also sominal theaters on you tube is prob the best I've found as far as Bollywood movies go. An interface that extracted those links would be great. I was having a look at it on the YouTube add on but since sominal tv use links with annotations, the add on is unable to process it as a browser would, for the moment anyway.

I know submenus don't make sense to viewer but behind the scenes it is making too many connections to get exact working URL. That is the reason it is done independently for each website. Otherwise you should use DIRECT PLAY if there are multiple parts of movie. I take my words back, Made a change in add-on v1.0.5. No more sub menus. ENJOY

Regarding your second point, I didn't know about http://www.sominaltvtheater.com/ website. I will create add-on for this website by next week or soon. If you keep me working on these add-ons, DONATE as I am spending my precious time in building these add-ons.
Thanks for sharing with your friends.
(This post was last modified: 2011-05-02 01:08 by ajay.)
find quote
srinib4u Offline
Sad  step where it fails
ajay Wrote:At what step, you are getting problems? Could you please send the problem errors.

Ajay,

when i open the add on to view anything, it seems to be doing something but after 2-3 seconds, the xbmc itself exits by itself.....i dunno where to look for the error log. Help is appreciated!!!

srini
find quote
sheikh73 Offline
Thanks for the addon. Well add on is very good; movies are new in the list but movies quality is not good. There are multiple sources but non of them are good quality.
find quote
ajay Offline
Donor
sheikh73 Wrote:Thanks for the addon. Well add on is very good; movies are new in the list but movies quality is not good. There are multiple sources but non of them are good quality.

Yes new movies are there in add-on and all of them are unofficial, can't expect to see high quality videos until DVD version is released. If you know any website has good quality links, let me know. Anyway a new addon specifically for INDIAN MOVIES {Bollywood, Tollywood and much more} will soon come with good quality links.
find quote
ajay Offline
Donor
srinib4u Wrote:Ajay,

when i open the add on to view anything, it seems to be doing something but after 2-3 seconds, the xbmc itself exits by itself.....i dunno where to look for the error log. Help is appreciated!!!

srini

On which device you run XBMC, Apple TV 2? If Apple TV 2 check following points:
  • Apple TV 2 should be on iOS v4.2.1, Software Version 4.1.1. If not, downgrade your iOS version using instructions provided at this location: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4140?pag...ment-15785
  • Disable Apple TV2 AUTO UPDATE feature. This should be the reason of crashing of your XBMC.
find quote
srinib4u Offline
ajay Wrote:On which device you run XBMC, Apple TV 2? If Apple TV 2 check following points:
  • Apple TV 2 should be on iOS v4.2.1, Software Version 4.1.1. If not, downgrade your iOS version using instructions provided at this location: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4140?pag...ment-15785
  • Disable Apple TV2 AUTO UPDATE feature. This should be the reason of crashing of your XBMC.

I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks Ajay!!!

srini
find quote
rohan.ting Offline
Hi ajay,
Great plugin, Thanks! Which website are you getting the TV shows from? I noticed that the links do not work for some of the shows. Have you seen http://tv.desitvforum.net/ . It is the website that posts the shows on dailymotion and hotfile. All the online tv shows has their logo. And all the links work. Is it possible to use this website for the tv shows?

Thanks,
Rohan
find quote
ajay Offline
Donor
rohan.ting Wrote:Hi ajay,
Great plugin, Thanks! Which website are you getting the TV shows from? I noticed that the links do not work for some of the shows. Have you seen http://tv.desitvforum.net/ . It is the website that posts the shows on dailymotion and hotfile. All the online tv shows has their logo. And all the links work. Is it possible to use this website for the tv shows?

Thanks,
Rohan

That's the website from where this addon gets the links. Please send me show that's not working??
find quote