[Win32/?] WindowXML Fallback path not working
Today I downloaded the latest nightly and I noticed that my script did not run. Saying:
Code:
TypeError: XML File for Window is missing

I did some debugging and either I am missing some info on the checkin, or one of the latest checkins from JMarshall broke the fallback path of the WindowXML module.
  • My script does not have skin.confluence in \resources\skins\.
  • I specify a different fallback skin "xot.default".
  • The winxml.cpp file does see the xot.default as fallback path, then in line #98 it calls skinInfo.GetSkinPath(strXMLname, &res, basePath) in skin.cpp.
  • It returns on the very first check: if (m_resolutions.empty()) return "";
  • This causes the fallback path to not work because "" is returned.

So I hope that somebody can explain what should be changed in the addons or perhaps fix a bug?
Yeah, I probably broke it. You could try my branch here:

https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/tree...l_basepath

and see if that does the trick - just a single commit on top if you want to cherry pick it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Yeah, I probably broke it. You could try my branch here:

https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/tree...l_basepath

and see if that does the trick - just a single commit on top if you want to cherry pick it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

That brings back the the fallback(Default) skin.
So it fixes the problem?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yes, it does fix the issue. Thanks Smile.

And I was too fast... it partially fixes the issue. In the script I use, the skin is in Default/PAL16x9, and confluence doesn't have one like that, so it fails to find includes.xml. This works if I rename the skin folder to 720p, but then the display is "squashed".
jmarshall Wrote:So it fixes the problem?

I didn't have time to check yet. I have some issues compiling myself because of the mingw and combination with x64 windows 7. I will try later today.
You don't need mingw just to build the exe - just to build the ffmpeg bit of it.

Either way, theuni has been looking into hooking up the buildbot so that it can build + upload from other repos/branches, so in the future this will be easier.

jmarshall Wrote:You don't need mingw just to build the exe - just to build the ffmpeg bit of it.

Either way, theuni has been looking into hooking up the buildbot so that it can build + upload from other repos/branches, so in the future this will be easier.

I build an XBMC and it's all working now. Thanks for the effort. Is there an ETA on merging it to the main XBMC branch?
It's in master now.

Calvados Wrote:***
And I was too fast... it partially fixes the issue. In the script I use, the skin is in Default/PAL16x9, and confluence doesn't have one like that, so it fails to find includes.xml. This works if I rename the skin folder to 720p, but then the display is "squashed".
It seems that this issue remains. I can't reproduce it on my end with a Windows nightly build from 2011/06/02 but some linux users still report it.

This is the log that I received:
Code:
15:59:57 T:2569743216 M:2934075392  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Path to configuration file: /home/kfs/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/config.xml
15:59:57 T:2569743216 M:2934075392    INFO: Loading skin includes from /home/kfs/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/skins/Default/PAL/includes.xml
15:59:57 T:2569743216 M:2934075392    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
15:59:57 T:2569743216 M:2934075392   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
15:59:57 T:2569743216 M:2934075392   ERROR: Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
15:59:57 T:2569743216 M:2934075392   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kfs/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py", line 58, in <module>
                                                import gui
                                              File "/home/kfs/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 2105, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "/home/kfs/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/gui.py", line 2097, in main
                                                ui = UIGameDB("script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml", util.getAddonInstallPath(), "Default", "PAL")
                                            TypeError: XML File for Window is missing
15:59:57 T:2569743216 M:2934075392    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

The user is running xbmc 2:11.0~git20110608.d8cd454-0ubuntu1~ppa1~natty.

Is this another issue that is not yet fixed or did the changes just not go into this specific build? I don't know where the ppa builds come from.
If it works on Win32 but not on Linux then it sounds like a case sensitivity issue.

I don't think it is case sensitivity. Same addon works in Dharma without problems. And like Calvados describes it works when the PAL folder is renamed to 720p.

I asked my users also to try renaming to 720p to see if it is the same issue.
Ok, user renamed to 720p and got it working. So it really seems to be a problem with PAL fallback.

I will switch to 720p soon anyway, but maybe it will be useful for others to have the PAL thing working again.
Didn't you say it worked correctly on win32?

Yes, I did. I can't reproduce this issue on my dev box with Win 7. Not sure if there are other parameters that make the difference.

@Calvados: Can you still reproduce it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win32/?] WindowXML Fallback path not working0