Three relatively simple "is it possible?" Questions
Hey Guys,

So been setting up my media centre how i want it using the Aeon Mq2 skin (awesome).

1)
My first question relates to the smart playlists.

I have set up a smart playlist to only show files that have "documentaries" in the path, so this playlist on my home page is called DOCO.

Is it possible to now make the "TV SHOW" menu item NOT show those documentaries?

2)
When you hover over movies or music or tv shows it comes up with the stats of how many there are, how many watched etc.

Is it possible to have this for custom added menu items?

3)

I have all my music on my main PC and i intend to keep it that way, i have a playlist that compiles all my favorite songs.

What i want to do is play that playlist only on my media PC without importing my whole music library.

I've read through http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Pla..._Computers

but im not getting much out of it..

Any help?

Thanks guys Smile

Alex
1. Not directly, no. You could replace the tv shows link with a link to a smartplaylist that didn't have the DOCO's in them, however.

2. In general, no - this (I assume) is a function of the skin - they're pulling those numbers from infolabels (and/or from a script).

3. From what I understand, you want to scan only those songs that are in a particular playlist on your main PC into your media PC's library. This is likely to cause problems, but may be initially possible, depending on the type of playlist. What type of playlist is it?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:1. Not directly, no. You could replace the tv shows link with a link to a smartplaylist that didn't have the DOCO's in them, however.

2. In general, no - this (I assume) is a function of the skin - they're pulling those numbers from infolabels (and/or from a script).

3. From what I understand, you want to scan only those songs that are in a particular playlist on your main PC into your media PC's library. This is likely to cause problems, but may be initially possible, depending on the type of playlist. What type of playlist is it?

Cheers,
Jonathan

1) yeah i had pondered that idea, but whether its worth the loss of functionality is another question..

2) ah dam

3) its an .m3u playlist, and yes you are understanding me correctly. The playlist is constantly changed on my main PC, would the changes go through to the media PC? I can manually re add every now and then, just wanted to know if and how to set it up initially.

Thanks for the help Smile

Alex
3. Changes wouldn't, and "Update Library" probably wouldn't work, as we scan all previously scanned paths, which would include music you don't want most likely. The music scanner is built on having a heirarchical filesystem.

The best way to deal with this is to have the music you like in a completely separate folder.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

3. Would some sort of .m3u modification work here? Just change the path that the main machine uses (say c:\localmedia\music\song.mp3) to what the XBMC box uses (say smb:\\music\song.mp3) and copy the modified m3u to userdata\playlists ?
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Three relatively simple "is it possible?" Questions0