[WINDOWS] Physical Keyboard Issues
I'm a noob (still trying to figure out advanced settings and such) I was trying to enable the "alwaysontop" setting with no luck so just erased that part on the advancedsettings.xml file and figured Id try another time.

However when I tried to use my physical keyboard to refresh movie information manually each time I typed a letter rather than the corresponding letter it shows a number...also its not like my keymaping went wrong either because the number displayed only corresponds to the number of times a letter is press rather than a specific letter button typing a specific number

Ive tried searching all over the forum using many different search key words but could not find any thing
I'm still having this problem on both my desktop using a wireless keyboard and my laptop using the built in keyboard. I have also noticed that the problem is not just localized to XBMC but to other programs that seem to go into a full screen mode such as all my game emulators.

It would seem that the key function is "forgotten." If I try to press "X" which is configured to be the A button on my GBA and DS emulators for example, rather than the desired effect my keyboard will cycle through all numbers and letters for each press. (if I press X once it says 1, if I press X again it says 2 and so on)

Im not sure if there was some glitched windows update or what (altho if it was a bad windows update I'm sure there would be much more discussion on it in the forums) Can someone please help me?
If you enable debug logging (System settings, System, Debugging) XBMC will record all the key presses it receives in the log file. This will at least give some idea what is going on. Enable logging and press a few keys (record what you pressed so we can match it to the log) then close XBMC again. To open the log press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes) and the log will open in Notepad. Copy and paste it into pastebin.com and post the link here.

JR
Thank you jhsrennie, but I discovered the problem was actually because of a Comcast.net Security suite called "Constant Guard" which had a password key logging hider feature that some how affected XBMC and a few other programs...I searched google for a while and finally found this.

Since I have deleted this program I have not had any more problems and have been enjoying XBMC to the fullest. If anyone else in the community encounters this problem I encourage them to delete the culprit program.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Physical Keyboard Issues0