Working script but some final help needed (uploading and additional modules)
All,

Thanks to the help I've had here so far I've managed to get my script working (it sets an ACPI alarm based on the next scheduled MythTV recording and then suspends the systems (provided no XBMC player is active, the MythTV backend is idle and there are no active ssh sessions)).

I thought it may be of interest to some other users (can't believe I'm the only one running XBMC as a MythTV frontend on a combined frontend/backend system).

So question 1 is: How do I go about making this available to other users? I've seen people using Google Code to host scripts but, unless I'm being really dumb, I can't see how to upload a folder structure to the site.

Question 2: As I'm using MythTV I need to access the MySQL database. I've done this by copying the MySQLDB module to my script folder. Am I able to include this module in my code?

Many thanks,

el_P
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
First off, do you require any binary modules, or is it pure python?

If the former, then you really are restricted as it'll only work on the one platform you use.

If the latter, then you could bundle that up as a script module and then depend on it.

As for getting setup, normally one uses something like googlecode or github to do development work on your addon - you use either git or svn to interact with these.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jonathan,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Unforunately I'm a complete and under python beginner (this is the first piece of python code I've ever written - I skipped "Hello World"). Can you make your answer even more basic please.

I don't know the difference between a binary module and a "pure python" one. All I know is that I had to copy a bunch of MySQLDB files and folder from my Python folder to the addon folder for it to work.

As for svn/git - I've never really used either but I'll see if I can find a gui for Ubuntu and google further instructions on that.

I'd like to share my script as it'd be great if someone else could benefit from it. However, I think my python skills may give some more seasoned developers a heart attack!

el_P
do yourself a favor, doing version control (in particular git) using a gui is a horrible idea. they (in particular git) just does not map to the limited interfaces guis can offer.
Haha. Noted.

Beginning to feel like I've no idea what I'm doing!

I'll do some reading up on svn/git.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working script but some final help needed (uploading and additional modules)0