sharing from XP machine, not using samba, MYSQL error 1062
From searching the posts I see that if you are using windows shares and MYSQL then it prob won't work (as of Jan 2011).

All my media is on a XP Professional computer with a ESATA enclosure holding up to 8 drives.

everything seems to work except the library for videos because other people have said you HAVE to use SAMBA with MYSQL because of the // vs \\ issue??!?!

Questions:
1) Can i run SAMBA on XP as a server? I can not see how to easily figure this out (I'm not a unix person at all so compiling etc.. i have no clue)
2) Is there no fix yet for this issue? I really just want to continue to use windows shares for my videos

Here is the error I get using window shares:
06:03:07 T:4372 M:2234744832 DEBUG: Mysql execute: update path set strContent = '', strScraper='', strHash='',strSettings='',useFolderNames=0,scanRec ursive=0 where strPath like '%N:\\Media\\TV TEST\\%'
06:03:07 T:4372 M:2234740736 DEBUG: Mysql execute: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'N:\\Media\\TV TEST\\','','')
06:03:07 T:4372 M:2234740736 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'N:\\Media\\TV TEST\\','','')
06:03:07 T:4372 M:2234716160 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'N:\\Media\\TV TEST\\','',''))

Thank-you in advance ALL,
ok well with the help of BlueNote, the answer is you can not use windows shares for videos, or they won't work!

If you have your media on a windows computer:

1)share the drives normally, HOWEVER don't use any spaces in the name
2)ensure your workgroup is the same on all computers
3)find out your computer name for the system that has the media files
4)In XBMC DONT browse for the share, instead type
SMB://{server or computer name}/{share name and path}

Then the video library will work properly and import your files.

I hope this helps someone else!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sharing from XP machine, not using samba, MYSQL error 10620