[RELEASE] freedocast
t0mm0 Wrote:just released 0.1.1 which now plays this stream and any others that use octoshape (using the flash fallback stream).

i hate this site. it's so hard to find streams that work in their own flash player that testing takes far too long Sad

anyway, hope this works ok. let me know if you find any other streams that work in the browser but not with this addon and i'll try and fix them.

t0mm0

Just a quick notice.
The plugin in your repo is still 0.1.0. So no autoupdate here.

Thx for your effort
PKOneTwo Wrote:Just a quick notice.
The plugin in your repo is still 0.1.0. So no autoupdate here.

Thx for your effort

no it's not Wink

https://github.com/t0mm0/t0mm0-xbmc-plug...eb91f8d248

which is dated '2011-05-03 13:10:22'

make sure your xbmc has refreshed from the repo.

thanks,

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:no it's not Wink

https://github.com/t0mm0/t0mm0-xbmc-plug...eb91f8d248

which is dated '2011-05-03 13:10:22'

make sure your xbmc has refreshed from the repo.

thanks,

t0mm0

I have the latest nightly build. I have auto update on. Any update worked fine until now.
And i searched after new updates on your repo and nothing. Still 0.1.0.

Somethings odd
now it worked.
I don't get it right
but deleting the cache (which shouldn't be a problem) did the trick.

Anyway, thx
Seems like there's another kind of octoshape links:
EDIT: The stream is offline now. I'll post a valid link as soon as possible.

Those links don't play with your plugin. They use another aspx page (http://www.freedocast.com/forms/embedpla....aspx?fid=...).
MaxMustermann Wrote:Seems like there's another kind of octoshape links:
EDIT: The stream is offline now. I'll post a valid link as soon as possible.

Those links don't play with your plugin. They use another aspx page (http://www.freedocast.com/forms/embedpla....aspx?fid=...).

cool, it's hard finding streams to test on this site Sad
Nice addon.. Good work. Most of the streams played on AppleTV2.

I noticed one issue while enabling the addon. when i browse through all addons, it didn't get displayed.. but i enabled it going thru your repository in AppleTV2.
ztas Wrote:Nice addon.. Good work. Most of the streams played on AppleTV2.

I noticed one issue while enabling the addon. when i browse through all addons, it didn't get displayed.. but i enabled it going thru your repository in AppleTV2.

thanks!

i can only think that maybe the repo info hadn't been downloaded when you looked at all addons, but had been downloaded by the time you navigated just to my repo?

t0mm0
Hi t0mm0,

Thanks for the plugin, I can play examples you quoted in first post with freedocast. However I have difficulties with octoshape streams. Can you suggest me the right approach to call the plugin. below is an example octoshape stream have

octoshape://octo.freedocast.com/gtcdn.freedocast.suvarna.auto
sreenivas.hcu Wrote:Hi t0mm0,

Thanks for the plugin, I can play examples you quoted in first post with freedocast. However I have difficulties with octoshape streams. Can you suggest me the right approach to call the plugin. below is an example octoshape stream have

octoshape://octo.freedocast.com/gtcdn.freedocast.suvarna.auto

you cannot play octoshape streams in xbmc, this plugin (tries to!) plays the flash fallback streams when it finds an octoshape stream.

what is the freedocast page that stream is on? have you tried passing the url to the page to this plugion rather than the octoshape link? if that doesn't work and you tell me the page this link is on i will see if i can fix it.

EDIT:
actually, i just took a look. looks like lots of streams are failing as there is another way they present octoshape streams (i guess as maxmusterman said earlier, but now lots of streams use it so it is easier to test). i have fixed the problem, but i am too tired to do a release tonight (i'll only make a silly mistake Wink) so you'll have to wait till tomorrow for the fix.

sorry i haven't fixed it sooner but it is not a plugin i use myself so i rely on people reporting problems.

thanks,

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:you cannot play octoshape streams in xbmc, this plugin (tries to!) plays the flash fallback streams when it finds an octoshape stream.

what is the freedocast page that stream is on? have you tried passing the url to the page to this plugion rather than the octoshape link? if that doesn't work and you tell me the page this link is on i will see if i can fix it.

EDIT:
actually, i just took a look. looks like lots of streams are failing as there is another way they present octoshape streams (i guess as maxmusterman said earlier, but now lots of streams use it so it is easier to test). i have fixed the problem, but i am too tired to do a release tonight (i'll only make a silly mistake Wink) so you'll have to wait till tomorrow for the fix.

sorry i haven't fixed it sooner but it is not a plugin i use myself so i rely on people reporting problems.

thanks,

t0mm0

Hi t0mm0,

Thank you very much. I will wait for the release. I would be very glad if you also give an example on how to invoke octoshape plugins.
sreenivas.hcu Wrote:Hi t0mm0,

Thank you very much. I will wait for the release. I would be very glad if you also give an example on how to invoke octoshape plugins.

no problem i will do it when i get home tonight after a bit more testing.

as i said before, xbmc can not play octoshape streams - this addon relies on fallback streams for flash which are used in the browser when the octoshape plugin is not installed (i guess they are lower quality or something - as i have never tried installing the plugin i'm not exactly sure).

this addon doesn't (shouldn't!) care what method of streaming a particular channel uses, it parses the page and looks for each method in turn (after this fix there are now 3 known ways for freedocast to broadcast streams).

so basically, if you want to set up .strm files you just pass the addon the url to the page (or just the channel id) for any freedocast stream and it should sort out which method to use without any further intervention from you, whether it be a stream that uses octoshape or not.

thanks,

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:no problem i will do it when i get home tonight after a bit more testing.

v0.1.2 released to the repos. seems to play all the streams that work on the website. let me know if anything breaks again!

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:v0.1.2 released to the repos. seems to play all the streams that work on the website. let me know if anything breaks again!

t0mm0

Thank you and I will try today when I get home.
sreenivas.hcu Wrote:Thank you and I will try today when I get home.

Hi t0mm0

I tried upgrading to 0.1.2 and used below link to invoke freedocast.

plugin://plugin.video.freedocast/?play=http://www.yupptv.com/streams/maamusic.aspx

but I couldnt get it play the stream. may be it doesnt have flash fallback. I am not sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] freedocast1