Question about photos/videos on XBMC
As I wrote here, I recently completed a custom XBMC Live build with the main intention to use it to watch home videos and photos I've taken - along with some DVD isos.

There's one frustrating thing I'm running into, and I was wondering if maybe someone had a solution. All of my content resides on a FreeNAS server. A lot of my home movies were taken with my point and shoot camera (some 1080) and they are mixed in with the photos taken on that same day. I have the root folder where all those files are stored mapped as a source both under the Photos section and Videos section on XBMC. There are two frustrating things about this setup:

1) I have to jump around to two different menu items first to view photos, and then view videos. This is really annoying.

2) When I'm under the videos section, it shows every single folder under the tree - even folders that don't have any video files in them. So I have to jump around from folder to folder, looking for video files to play.

In my ideal world, I would love to have an app that I can map to that root folder, click "Play Slideshow" and then have it go through the photos in the selected folder, and then play a video when it hits one.

I know that's asking a lot, but maybe someone has some ideas about how I can better structure my files, or change some viewing settings in XBMC to make this experience a bit better.

It's almost there for me, and if I can just make this a bit more smooth it would be great.

Thanks!
~H
1) you can show videos in the picture section if you enable the setting. HEAD will also include the videos in slideshows, something that is missing in dharma

2) you're browsing your file system - it's your reponsibility to keep that easy to navigate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about photos/videos on XBMC0