Noob needs help
Question 
Hello, I just need some basic help on how to set up my digital media library, I'm not very tech savvy but a quick learner.
I am hoping to run xbmc on my unlocked atv 1st gen running OS 3.0.2, on my jailbroken ipad running 4.2.1 which I have the repo for on cydia and through my macbook pro OSX 10.6.6

I have an apple airport extreme router with file sharing on and hoping to run my 500G WD HD drive wirelessly over my network from it so my atv, Ipad and macbook can pick up the streaming content.

All my movies are encoded with handbrake as the apple tv encode and H.264 in designated files, action, comedy, family, adventure, horror etc (currently I have been using my wdtv with HD attached and have had to include a jpg cover of the same name as the movie without spaces, pain in the ass)

Firstly what format does my HD have to be to run through my airport and also be compatible with xbmc.

Second do I need to re encode my movies because I've heard that xbmc does not support H.264 format

Lastly how do I ad a source in xbmc to stream from my airport extreme and which source do i ad? How do I find the details of i.p address, network name and so forth?

I'm hoping someone can help me and just explain in basic terms how I might be able to do this, and if not what would be the best solution for me.

I'm new to all of this so please be gentle Blush

CheersSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob needs help0