No playback from NAS, was working great
Sad 
I've been enjoying XBMC for several weeks now, playing videos and music from my NAS (hardwired). Last night when I want to start a video, I noticed that instead of the video starting, the screen went black. Music would not play back, either. Everything appears to be normal - the video thumbnails show up when I highlight a file..Win7/64 works great-I can view YouTube with Chrome, etc.

I uninstalled XBMC and re-installed. Now I get severely stuttering video and no audio.

I re-booted the NAS with no change, along with restarting XBMC and the system several times.

What should I do to try to fix the problem?
Turn on debug logging (System settings, System, Debugging), restart XBMC and attempt to play a file. Close XBMC and post the debug log on pastebin.com. A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log

JR
http://pastebin.com/YKwfZqpE

thanks for your attention.
The player is crashing. The relevant log entry is:

ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x004a7ddf: Reading location 0x00000000

This looks to me like a problem with the audio setup. I note there were previous errors:

ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: Audio format not supported by the WASAPI device. Channels: 1, Rate: 48000, Bits/sample: 16.
ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
ERROR: DirectSoundCreate() Failed (0x88890008)

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No playback from NAS, was working great0