Volume buttons not working with USB remote
Hiya all ....

I've tried to figure this one out, read all sorts of threads, went to lirc.org but I just can't figure out what is wrong (I am also a real noobie when it comes to Linux).

I have a generic MCE USB receiver and remote that I want to use with XBMC (eBay special). I did alot of reading and was finally ready to take the plunge (install LIRC, use irw, maybe HID etc.). I figured I would plug in the USB receiver, boot up and see what would work right away. Amazing! Every button works properly (Red, Green, Yellow, Up, Down, etc.). I can even shut down with the remote. I was thrilled.

Then I found the hiccup. The volume buttons (Up and Down). If I press a volume button, the voulme bar appears at the top of the screen for a second, but the volume doesn't change. If I hold down the volume Up button, the Volume bar appears at the top of the screen and then disappears after about a second with out any change in the volume. If I press or hold down the vlume Up button again, I don't see the volume bar. I have to press another key before I can press the volume Up key again to see the bar.

At this point, I'm guessing that somwhere I have to set or define the "repeating" code for holding down the key? I tried pressing the Volume Up key multiple times (rather than holding it down) but once again I only see the Volume Bar appear on the screen with the first press and then it disappears after one second.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg
Turn on XBMC debug, press the two volume buttons and pastebin.ca the debug.log.

It probably is an incorrect Lircmap.xml mapping. It would also help a lot if you tell us exactly what MCE remote/receiver you have. Look at dmesg or issue

Code:
cat /proc/bus/input/devices

and again pastebin.ca the result.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm at work right now, but I will definetly do that as soon as I get home tonight. The remote/receiver itself was a cheapo from eBay, a "MCE compatible" remote with no name on it (for $12.00 including shipping - you take your chances) . I will also check dmesg and lsusb to get as much detail as I can.

Thanks

Greg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume buttons not working with USB remote0