Control volume?
I have notised in some movies i can´t control the volume via the original microsft remote.

When i look at trailers i can control the volume.

When i press to raise the volume on the remote it says something about the (translated from swedish) soundstream ... with red coloured letters.

please help..

if it helps to know, my computer is connected via an amplifier (onkyo) then to the TV. All is connected with HDMI cables.
Probably because passthrough is turned on, we can't change the volume in that case.
It is set to use digital passthrough audio-- meaning instead of your computer decoding the audio and sending it to the onkyo as an analog signal, it is actually streaming the audio file itself to the onkyo which is decoding it.

Solutions: immediately, you can just go to the audio settins on you osd (onscreen display) of the affected file while playing), and change it to analog from hdmi, and click "set as default" or whatever to set that for all files.

However, passthrough sounds much better and may be necessary for REAL nonsimulated surround sound. So, what you could do is buy an ir blaster such as USB-UIRT and program the volume buttons on you mce remote to raise and lower the onkyo volume by capturing the ir codes from the onkyos remote abd re-emitting it when the signal from the mce remote is received. Cost l: about 50 USD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control volume?0