• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden
DazNoonan Wrote:Following on from this...

Main Menu
When clicking system (using ATV2) it simply shuts down XBMC, can this be changed so it simply brings up a menu where you can choose to shutdown, or even make it bring up the same menu as when you press up with a shutdown option?

It doesn't work that well as it is as its too easy to accidently click system thinking it will do the same as settings would when in fact it actually shuts XBMC down. This probably only affects ATV2 users.

Thanks

I plan to make power options a separate menu item with a submenu that shows the options.
ikarusx3 Wrote:A quick addition if this has not yet been mentioned:
When browsing music files, all tracks are named after their artist, not the track name. This results in e.g. 14 tracks all having the same name.

Hmm, can you tell me what node you are in? eg. music->library->songs

I don't see such problem.
scarfa Wrote:I plan to make power options a separate menu item with a submenu that shows the options.
That would be perfect... Thanks.
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
activate Wrote:Apologize if these things have been mentioned previously.

1. The system thing was funny it got me too. I was expecting a menu.
2. Is their a trailer button ie. In the movie library.
3. The custom category - is there an option to put the label. I could only see options for icons and images.
4. Is there scope to add playlists to the customization options.

Thanks, looking neat.

Ok, I have answered most of my own questions. The only thing that I am still unsure of is trailer button for the movie library, whether it is possible to incorporate that on the view. Thanks.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

scarfa Wrote:Hmm, can you tell me what node you are in? eg. music->library->songs

Not library, but files mode. I'll look into it again and maybe take a screenshot for you.
In the multiple-image option for background setting, the settings looks for an image instead of a folder. Consequently the result is only a single image.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:In the multiple-image option for background setting, the settings looks for an image instead of a folder. Consequently the result is only a single image.

Yep its been reported. Check my first post.
scarfa Wrote:Hmm, can you tell me what node you are in? eg. music->library->songs

Nevermind, turned out to be a wrongly tagged album. Sorry Smile
DazNoonan Wrote:A few more things (hope you don't mind?)

Movies:
[3] When using Wrap Info; on some films the runtime is not shown as it seems to disappear off the edge, I think this is down to when both the Director and Writer content is long. - - Screenshot
Just wanted to mention this again, as not sure if you saw it as its not on your list of things to do. Its happening on a fair few films now...

Also a little request... I love Wrap Info, it works brilliantly. Building on that do you think you could have a view exacly the same that just doesn't wrap? Not sure how easy that would be but it would work great for when you have Movie Collections and you go into it, as with it being wrapped it looks a bit messy when you have only 2/3 of a collection.

Cheers
Darren
Devices using XBMC
1. Scanning for new content popup should be disabled during playback.
2. Volume indicator should be ENabled during playback.
3. Weather alerts dont seem to be able to be viewed after or during an alert.
4. Not a real big fan of the intense Blue theme.
5. info button during playback does not work.

There were a few other things and I will report back.

Thanks for sharing the good work!
Hey Scarfa just wanted to tell you that after mucking around with this skin for a few days on atv2, not once has it crashed or slowed. Consistently neat. Hope I am not speaking too soonStare

DazNoonan Wrote:Just wanted to mention this again, as not sure if you saw it as its not on your list of things to do. Its happening on a fair few films now...

Also a little request... I love Wrap Info, it works brilliantly. Building on that do you think you could have a view exacly the same that just doesn't wrap? Not sure how easy that would be but it would work great for when you have Movie Collections and you go into it, as with it being wrapped it looks a bit messy when you have only 2/3 of a collection.

Cheers
Darren

I'll make some adjustments with the media info labels.

Not sure why you would not want it to wrap. It would take forever to get to the beginning once you reach the end of the list for large collections.
activate Wrote:Hey Scarfa just wanted to tell you that after mucking around with this skin for a few days on atv2, not once has it crashed or slowed. Consistently neat. Hope I am not speaking too soonStare

Well everything seems to be running smoothly so far except the occasional bugs people have reported. Next release will probably be RC1.
scarfa Wrote:I'll make some adjustments with the media info labels.

Not sure why you would not want it to wrap. It would take forever to get to the beginning once you reach the end of the list for large collections.
Thanks mate...

When you have a collection say Back to the Future, it can display one Poster for the whole collection instead of them all showing side by side. Once you select this you will go into the folder and it will show the films inside. Back to the Future has 3 films, so when you are at that level the wrap view looks wrong.

Do you see what I mean? If not I can post some screens if you wish? Most people might not put films into collections, but I do as it looks quite good for things like Back to the Future, Die Hard, Saw etc...

It's your skin though so your choice mate, if its quite a bit of work then don't bother as I know your busy with lots of other bits Smile
Devices using XBMC
scarfa Wrote:Well everything seems to be running smoothly so far except the occasional bugs people have reported. Next release will probably be RC1.

You may have seen me mention it before but is it possible in the movie library for eg. I am using the Listinfo3 view to have a button that shows the trailer. I am happy to do it if you can let me know how.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden1